教育王國 討論區 嘉諾撒聖心幼稚園 有冇人會放棄聖心offer呢?
發新帖
樓主: fungkaka
go

有冇人會放棄聖心offer呢? [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

1#
發表於 11-2-16 13:18 |顯示全部帖子
Isn't the topic who will give up SHCK?     I am really anxious to know if there are some good news for the waiting-listed parents.

醒目開學勳章

2#
發表於 11-2-16 18:11 |顯示全部帖子
I understand your feeling but look at it the positive way, if there is no SPK, then the wait-listed ones may never have chances to be admited.

When I had the same struggle two years ago, I have talked to many parents when there are still more children being accepted by both kindergartens.  Honestly, I cannot see how SPK can be better than SHCK.  However, many of them PM me while they share the same struggle and we share the thoughts in behind.

This is why parents would choose SPK over SHCK: because if the children are not studying in SPK, SPN or SPCDN, the chance to be admitted to SPCS(Primary) is almost zero.  So, this is like "buying" for a ticket to SPCS.  For the case of Sacred Heart, since SHCSPS + SHCS provide 200-300 seats, so studying in SHCK is not a must.

Although I initiated this one-dragon consideration in BK and spent lengthy time to research and eventually able to share the information with many parents, I got the opportunity to re-consider many of the elements while we choose a suitable kindergarten.  I am sure some parents would just treat it as a ticket to the primary section of a particular school.  I guess we have to respect their decisions, as everyone can have their own priority.

Frankly, for those who wanna wait for SPK's result, I would rather wish them luck to receive the offers.  It is because if they have another school which they prefer, I would rather hope everyone get what they want!  There will be parents who know how to appreciate a school.

Ian  

原帖由 GCCC1231 於 11-2-16 15:57 發表
登SHCK唔底, 個個都等SPK出result, 對SHCK好唔尊重, 好似SHCK係二奶仔, SHCK出咗offer俾你哋真係好大嘅錯誤!

醒目開學勳章

3#
發表於 11-2-17 07:03 |顯示全部帖子
Sorry that have been very sick and had high fever (38.8C) so I had slept 12 hours straight.  Just wake up and feel better now.

Honestly, the topic is so sensitive that I guess not many people would really want to give you clear and definite comments.  At the end, both secondary schools are band 1 and as SH parent, I agree in total that SPCS is definitely better on overall school performance (Academic + ECA, except Sports).

If by hearing this that already satisfy some of the parents to choose SPK over SHCK, then please don't go on and read the rest of this post.

Okay, here's my observations from the past years:

St. Paul's Convent is a school which done very well on increasing the value of the school image in overall.
- They are one of the very few Catholic schools which are willing to join DSS (Direct Subsidy Scheme).  That means the school itself has total control on what students they can admit.
- Students are encouraged to join as many competitions (on their own), and welcomed to skip classes in order to take part.  This give students more chance to build their confidence and also more awards and exposure for the school.  (A close relative of mine is current SPCS student)
- Students are being chosen starting from SPK/ SPN with a very specific character.  They need students who are very calm and emotional stable.  I will not disclose the exact details so don't PM me to ask.  My elder daughter had told me what happened during the interview, I cannot accept their method but I am sure that is a very effective method in order to select their students.  In short, they really don't need more than a minute or two for the interview to achieve this.
- As they have established such well organized way of teaching, so parents inputs are not welcomed.  To be fair, if the parents chose to let their children enter this school, they also need to trust them as they are the professional, right?
- Haven't talked much about SPK's curriculum since they are rather easy.  So, eager parents would arrange ECA to supplement that.

In sum, through my experience, I have absolutely no doubts that SPCS provides an excellent excellent environment if the parents want them to be in the top of the "food chain", at all costs.  It is because, they have started real life competition like a commerical setting from a very young age so girls there are well prepared.

For SH, in simple words, everything in opposite of the above.  This is why I always say they are very different schools so no points to compare.
- SHCC (Secondary section) chose not to accept more band 1 students outside and reserve that 30% of seats only to their primary school students (i.e. over 90% of SHCC students are own primary students).  This is a "foolish" act to many people but this tells you how far they can go to love their children.  Also, it tells you the dramatic improvement on these kids since many of them are band 2 during primary.
- Ever wonder why some kids cried and still got accept by SHCK?  It is because from their eyes, it is acceptable and normal for a kid to cry in an unfamiliar environment......
- Parents input are welcomed as this is why they start to have English and PTH teachers (they are not NETs, I am sorry for saying it wrong once, too expensive to afford) and how the Kowloon school buses are arranged.  These all thanks to parents' efforts and the acceptance by the kindergarten.
- The downside, probably your children may not be the top of the top in the competitive world, but they will be good citizens of the society.

Ian

原帖由 wootaitai 於 11-2-16 21:51 發表

oh, I mean SPK (已改)

醒目開學勳章

4#
發表於 11-2-17 07:15 |顯示全部帖子
Hi wootaitai,

I am sorry that I mistakenly mentioned NET once.  The English teachers may or may not be Native.  If we change to NET, I think the kindergarten cannot accepts voucher anymore.

Although I have bad experience in SPK's interview too, but I don't really want to judge a kindergarten simply by their interview arrangement.  It is quite personal I think, sometimes you can tell from it whether this is what you are looking for or not, e.g. some parents want every single staff to put on a smiling face, some wants a place to warm-up, etc.    (just bad jokes)

Finally, I think I should apologize to the Canossians, SHCK and parents there.  We are rather low-profile and still do, just because I am one of their parent and also a BK 版主 so you are "forced" to hear more from me......  please accept my apology to you and other parents if that affected your decision.

原帖由 wootaitai 於 11-2-16 18:43 發表
虛心請教各位prefer SH over SPK 的家長可否講吓點解?

靠睇bk,綜合理由如下:

- 唔滿意SPK面試安排混亂.覺得學校冇愛心
- SH 有net,多少少pth
-受熱心家長感動(我自己都認同因ian 等,留意SH)

其他因素如culture 等,我覺 ...

醒目開學勳章

5#
發表於 11-2-17 07:42 |顯示全部帖子
That's a lot of questions especially I used lots of energy and courage to reply the last one.....  let me try my best before I head back to my sick bed

原帖由 mary1004 於 11-2-16 22:58 發表
如果制度唔改, 我小朋友應會有25分入MPS, 但係又唔知咩原因, MPS->MSS既比率又唔係咁高...

The reason to explain the low percentage of MPS to MSS is because MSS only wants band 1 students from MPS, so they will not accepts their own students during disrectionary places stage (the first 30% which allows them to accept top students everywhere in HK).  MPS has a rather easy curriculum and EMI but the result is overall banding may not be as good.

如果唔諗升學問題, 我會選SHCK, 因為佢有家長教師會, 起碼同小朋友同學既老師&家長可以交流多D, 對小朋友係學校既事都清楚D

True, that is one of the factor which I prefer SHCK since I believe proper communications are necessary for continuous improvement.

我有四個朋友既小朋友都係當年有SPK&SHCK既offer可作參考:
A朋友=SHCK->K2轉左St. Jo (家長老師交流多些, 因為係男仔所以轉)
B朋友=SHCK->小學轉左SPC (為什麼轉就唔知, 不過媽媽話好明顯SHCK既小朋友係Sharp好多, 英文好D)
C朋友=SHCK->小學MPS(Knocking door)->DGS(勁讚SHCK有愛心, 連校工都有愛心)
D朋友=SPK->SPC(媽媽話SPK小朋友全部好乖好獨立好有禮貌,Phonics教得好,小朋友唔怕串字,但老師與家長較少交流)  

haha, you also have many friends!  Let's go through one by one:
A朋友 <--  I think this is natural for boys to go to St. Jo's kindergarten, there are really not many options for boys in HK island.  This is why we used to have a few places open for K2.  (St. Jo's kindergarten don't take in students anymore)
B朋友 <-- I assume your friend's daughter are born few years around year 2000, as those are the years with such low birth rates, SPCS have seats left to accept outsiders.  To be fair, I guess your friend's daughter must be particularly sharp in order to be accepted by SPCS, right?  So, they may have the impressions that their daughter is sharper.
C朋友 <-- (SHCK有愛心, 連校工都有愛心) they do, but they may not have a smiling face all the time I must remind you!    They are loving and caring in their heart, not on their face.
D朋友 <-- I agree with the comments from that parent totally.  Particularly it is true that EVERY SINGLE KIDS there are just like how the parent described.  (Personal note: I prefer some differences as we are human)

Ian

醒目開學勳章

6#
發表於 11-2-17 10:04 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 wootaitai 於 11-2-17 09:27 發表
... can totally imagine it would be an invitation to debate from parents of either school whenever one tries to stereotype the culture of the school. ...

醒目開學勳章

7#
發表於 11-2-17 10:08 |顯示全部帖子
Don't get it wrong.  SPK also has parent-volunteers.  Parents are invited to read story books to the kids during school time.

原帖由 fefemom 於 11-2-17 09:59 發表
No PTA in SPK.... No wonder I did not see any "parent-like volunteer" at the interview. It was a big contrast to SHCK during form submission and interview.

PS: Ian, if you run a high fever, do consul ...

醒目開學勳章

8#
發表於 11-2-17 13:39 |顯示全部帖子
SPK or SHCK?

If SHCK, all of them are parents-volunteer.

原帖由 Cutemom0808 於 11-2-17 10:22 發表

交表當天座在房內收表的有部份看似是家長義工

醒目開學勳章

9#
發表於 11-2-17 13:41 |顯示全部帖子
hahaha, Tbaby!  I have no guts to go that far to comment on that.  But indeed this is something I wanna say but held back.

As I said, I have a close relative who is current SPCS student.  I just miss her laugh so much for years.  Now can hardly see her teeth.....

原帖由 Tbaby 於 11-2-17 10:42 發表
(別介意少少離題)

本人亦比較過SPK同SHCK的其中一個分別

如果細心留意, 大部份SHCK, St clare, 真光的學生明顯會開心,昂起頭走路 ; 而見到大部份SPK的同學仔(本人工作地點在SPK附近) ,毫無表情, 默默跟著工人姐姐 ...

醒目開學勳章

10#
發表於 11-2-17 13:50 |顯示全部帖子
hi mary1004,

haha, another fans?  Thank you first for your appreciation.

Don't say that, actually their P1 promotion is only one of the many factors that we can use as criteria.  Whether someone would consider it as important or not, totally up to any individual.  Like myself, I guess I put this a much higher priority two years ago.  However, now I would learn to appreciate the love and care from the teachers since I just cannot imagine someone can really care so much for our children.

However, I must remind you this.  The teachers at SHCK are rather busy (extremely busy indeed) as they already spent a lot of time in the kindergarten (especially with the longer school hours).  So, please do not expect them to call you the way like many other kindergartens or pre-nurseries.  In order to communicate with them, you may write a note to them and they may either return you a note or phone you up if really needed.  Or you can talk to them when you pick up the kids.  Please be really considerate to them as as parents, I don't want them to receive too much pressures as they have already done a lot for the kids.

Concerning the interview, actually I didn't know you have commented about another kindergarten at all (or I cannot remember anymore, sorry).  Honestly, always open for criticism if there are anything that the kindergarten can do better, certainly in a reasonable manner.

Ian

原帖由 mary1004 於 11-2-17 11:24 發表
多謝Ian, 你真係好西利, 好熱心, 請保重身體, 多謝你既細心分析(ABCD朋友逐一分析), 我又成為左你的Fans

之前我既諗法好表面, 淨係單為了唔想小朋友升學問題而煩,諗深一層,其實我覺得要小朋友學懂包容和感恩比 ...

醒目開學勳章

11#
發表於 11-2-17 13:53 |顯示全部帖子
I guess that must be true.  No pain no gain.  So they totally deserve being such a popular choice!

原帖由 mirage2007 於 11-2-17 11:48 發表
spk的小朋友真的好忙,見到他們放學後都要去呢度去果度補習同返興趣班,(我也是住在附近),每位家長都要為p1學位角力, 所以k1已經要不停催谷學生...競爭p1學位

這樣子真的辛苦,但這樣訓練出來的小孩子,可能真的容易在 ...

醒目開學勳章

12#
發表於 11-2-17 13:56 |顯示全部帖子
So you are the one who didn't attend the interview at the end?  Sorry just answered too many posts this week.

For our elder daughter, we took two weeks time to convince her to go to SPK for interview.  It's because the moment she finished SHCK interview, she was so sure that she will get the offer that she thinks there are no needs to go to another one!  (And obviously she had made the choice for herself already)  But indeed, the environment itself feels quite pressurized.  I guess, at least for me, we are not that level of parents to fight for the very best.

原帖由 AhBoMama 於 11-2-17 12:04 發表

Being an old girl of SH, I totally agree :D
I aslo applied SPK (as it is really a Good school) for my girl but she refused to get into the classroom on that day (may be cos' of the tense atmosphere ...

醒目開學勳章

13#
發表於 11-2-17 16:28 |顯示全部帖子
No, we never applied for St. Clare's.  And they also don't guarantee P1 admission when we applied for the elder one.  They only started to guarantee this couple years.

原帖由 aidalau 於 11-2-17 15:48 發表
Ian, 你好.我都一路有睇你的文章.知道你囡囡之前都收到St Clare嘅offer, 想問下你如何比較佢同SHCK?SHCK應該唔係一條龍,上小學是否比較麻煩?我知佢上午班是私家, 你知唔唔佢嘅收生條件?下午班是津貼,即要自行收生或 ...

醒目開學勳章

14#
發表於 11-2-17 18:59 |顯示全部帖子
Actually I remember that were 1-2 families which mentioned they are living in Shatin and we did propose Kowloon Tong/ Shatin as one of the pickup points to see so that's how we find them out.  However, the number is just too small so it is far away from forming a route for the school bus.

No need to give up on nanny buses, even though you may not find one which takes SHCK only, but there may be other nanny buses which may take students from Tai Wai to HK side, good luck!

原帖由 yaubama 於 11-2-17 18:44 發表
我諗我可能要放棄讀聖心,因為女女原本婆婆照顧,住香港,但婆婆現在不方便照顧,要比嫲嫲照顧,我倆又唔放心請工人睇。所以要搬返嫲嫲大圍度住。真係好唔想,但我估都無可能有褓姆車由大圍到聖心,其實如果有車由九龍搪去都 ...

醒目開學勳章

15#
發表於 11-2-18 00:28 |顯示全部帖子
It's a bit difficult a comparison but let me try to ask back the following question, based on the concerns you have stated.

If you like St. Clare's primary school and this is what you want and suitable for your daughter, then I think it is reasonable to take St. Clare's.

If this is not the case, then you will have to ask yourself how much risks are you willing to take, or you feel justify to take, for letting your daughter enter SHCK.

Frankly I am really not in a position to tell you which one you choose.  But my wife and I had made the decision for ourselves to give up another full one-dragon for our young one, to go to SHCK.  For us, we understand it is still more important to let her go to a kindergarten which we feel she would learn the proper values and educated with our expectation.  But I cannot say this on behalf of others so you would have to decide on your own.

原帖由 aidalau 於 11-2-17 19:17 發表
咁我記錯了.依家都唔知點選, St Clare一條龍, P1唔使煩;但聖心又係一間好好嘅學校,好似唔會有人為St Clare而放棄聖心, 請你比D意見.

醒目開學勳章

16#
發表於 11-2-18 01:09 |顯示全部帖子
You mean the kindergarten?  Well, answering all questions or not are not the main determinants so really cannot be measured by the own parents whether the kids have actually performed well or not.

原帖由 vlui55 於 11-2-18 00:56 發表
Ian, i have one question, do you know how the school SH assigned the kid to either AM or PM sessions? as I saw some parents said that her girl may not be able to answer all question but still got AM o ...

醒目開學勳章

17#
發表於 11-2-18 01:40 |顯示全部帖子
You can say that, but quite a number of  families do choose PM as first choice.

原帖由 vlui55 於 11-2-18 01:32 發表
Yes yes i mean the kindergarten. You are right, it's the interviewer who determine whether the kid was doing well or not but not the parents. if this is the case, does that mean the top kids go to the ...

醒目開學勳章

18#
發表於 11-3-16 00:45 |顯示全部帖子
Sorry SCV, since I have answered this question before so can save your time to put in the info again!  

vlui55, you can find the info from this link:
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2186772&page=1#pid32744500

原帖由 vlui55 於 11-3-15 20:02 發表
SCV, may i know if there is any Phonics class at SH for K1? if any, which program do they use? Letterland or Jolly Phonics?
tks alot

‹ 上一主題|下一主題