2#
發表於 11-2-15 21:34 |只看該作者
The competition is very keen!

原帖由 muji 於 11-2-15 15:22 發表
Any comments about this I/S?

3#
發表於 11-2-16 22:59 |只看該作者

回覆 2# muji 的文章

My son is studying in GSIS. What areas do you want to know? And, which year are you looking at?

4#
發表於 11-2-17 17:49 |只看該作者
Hi Ruby:

請問你小朋友讀YEAR 幾? 我囡囡下個月IN K1, 但佢地得20個位, 我唸都無咩機會, 請問面試時有咩秘訣呀? 你小朋友會唔會唔識中文呢? 佢地要YEAR 4先學好似遲左D咁, 高班工課多唔多呢?學校係咪好鐘意家長參與學校活動呢? 因我見佢地時不時都會邀請家長到學校講故事講書咁, 我自己唔多鍾意SOCIAL, 英文又唔係好叻, 如果好彩入到而又唔參與, 會唔會影響學校對小朋友既印象唔好既呢? 請多指教育

5#
發表於 11-2-17 18:39 |只看該作者
想問問我仔仔只係美藉宜家2歲4個月,如果想報GSIS應該幾時報ga??仲有我有朋友仔仔已經讀到F.3(我記得咁上下)之後,佢會返US讀,佢話可以張個債券轉售給我,我想請問持有債券係咪真係會有優先取錄呢???

[ 本帖最後由 mini_cc 於 11-2-17 18:41 編輯 ]

6#
發表於 11-2-17 19:14 |只看該作者
Ruby1219,

Nice to meet you!

My daughter is going to attend GSIS's interview next month too. Can you share how you prepared the interview?  I was told that the children will choose the toy they want to play in the interview room. Don't know what to acess and how to acess the children.

I heard that there is a probation period of six months and if the students can not get to their standard ,they have to leave the school, is this  truth?

Thanks!

原帖由 Ruby1219 於 11-2-16 22:59 發表
My son is studying in GSIS. What areas do you want to know? And, which year are you looking at?

[ 本帖最後由 newmama0724 於 11-2-17 19:15 編輯 ]

7#
發表於 11-3-30 15:14 |只看該作者

回覆 3# florencewongpy 的文章

Sorry I just 'came back' and saw you gals' messages!!

Here are my feedback :

請問你小朋友讀YEAR 幾?
My son's in Year 6 now. He joined GSIS in mid term of Year 3.

我囡囡下個月IN K1, 但佢地得20個位, 我唸都無咩機會, 請問面試時有咩秘訣呀?
Sorry I don't know about the interview for Kindergarten.

你小朋友會唔會唔識中文呢? 佢地要YEAR 4先學好似遲左D咁, 高班工課多唔多呢?
He knows Chinese. His grades in Chinese at school is very good indeed, but I think it's becos the Chinese standard there is very low.

學校係咪好鐘意家長參與學校活動呢? 因我見佢地時不時都會邀請家長到學校講故事講書咁, 我自己唔多鍾意SOCIAL, 英文又唔係好叻, 如果好彩入到而又唔參與, 會唔會影響學校對小朋友既印象唔好既呢?
True that there are many opportunities for you to participate in their school activities. There's a Mother's Committee and X'mas Bazaar, Open Day etc. However, it's totally your choice whether to join or not. I am very inactive in these activities. I don't feel that's any negative impact on my son wor.

Hope the above helps.

8#
發表於 11-3-30 15:56 |只看該作者

回覆 2# newmama0724 的文章

Sorry for such late reply.

My daughter is going to attend GSIS's interview next month too. Can you share how you prepared the interview?  I was told that the children will choose the toy they want to play in the interview room. Don't know what to acess and how to acess the children.

>>I hope your daughter had done well in the interview! Got the result?
In fact I have no idea about the interview for kindergarten, as my son joined in Year 3.
I never prepare my son for interviews. Cos I think it would do bad than good. It would only make your kid nervous and not doing well in the interview. And, I don't think there's anything that you can 惡補 for the interview.

I heard that there is a probation period of six months and if the students can not get to their standard ,they have to leave the school, is this  truth?
>>yes, there's a six months probation policy for new students. It's stated in the acceptance letter. But I haven't heard of any 'real case' of students being 'expelled' in the probation. So, I think it's not something to worry about.

Hope the above helps (still).

Ruby

9#
發表於 11-3-30 17:44 |只看該作者
I heard that a lot of kids are leaving early for overseas because they (or their parents) don't like to take IB.  Is it true?

10#
發表於 11-3-30 21:00 |只看該作者
Ruby1219,

Thanks a lot!
My girl didn't go to the interview room and of course failed!

CDNIS is in waiting list!

原帖由 Ruby1219 於 11-3-30 15:56 發表
Sorry for such late reply.

My daughter is going to attend GSIS's interview next month too. Can you share how you prepared the interview?  I was told that the children will choose the toy they want t ...

11#
發表於 11-3-30 22:04 |只看該作者

回覆 1# newmama0724 的文章

Oh. Why she did not go into the interview room?

12#
發表於 11-3-30 22:07 |只看該作者

回覆 3# Chole 的文章

The turnover rate in GSIS is very high. Every year there were a few students leaving and therefore I think it's easier to get in by 插班 (my son's case).
I did not hear that students leaving because of IB. This year (Year 6), a couple of my son's classmates will be leaving to start secondary education in U.K or U.S.

13#
發表於 11-3-30 23:05 |只看該作者
Thanks for your reply.  

原帖由 Ruby1219 於 11-3-30 22:07 發表
The turnover rate in GSIS is very high. Every year there were a few students leaving and therefore I think it's easier to get in by 插班 (my son's case).
I did not hear that students leaving because  ...

14#
發表於 11-4-24 02:22 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

15#
發表於 11-4-29 15:47 |只看該作者
this year was 20:650 so 1:32

16#
發表於 11-5-12 16:22 |只看該作者
Would like to ask existing GSIS parent, except the school fees, does it have many misc fees?

17#
發表於 11-5-12 21:45 |只看該作者

回覆 1# muji 的文章

You would need to buy the debenture. Not sure how much is it now. Mine was HK$250,000.

Then, there're only costs for stationery (about few hundred dollars) and PE uniform (also few hundred dollars).

Till Year 6, they would have the Outward Bound that costs few thousand dollars.

And, study tours during the school year such as go to 桂林in Year 7, which I think would cost about HK$10,000?

But the trips should be optional.

18#
發表於 11-5-20 05:41 |只看該作者
Hi Ruby19,

What is homework workload like starting in year 3?  

How is chinese?  If a child is already proficient in chinese by the time they reach year 4 (due to private tutoring), what level of chinese will they be taught at GSIS?

原帖由 Ruby1219 於 11-3-30 15:14 發表
Sorry I just 'came back' and saw you gals' messages!!

Here are my feedback :

請問你小朋友讀YEAR 幾?
My son's in Year 6 now. He joined GSIS in mid term of Year 3.

我囡囡下個月IN K1, 但佢地得20個 ...

19#
發表於 11-5-22 21:09 |只看該作者

回覆 1# adachan318 的文章

>>I remember homework workload in Year 3 was light. Maybe a few worksheets per week. Usually class teacher would assign the homework on Monday which due by end of the week. But it also depends on the class teacher. Some class teachers like to give more homework, some prefer the kids to finish the work at school.

As I remember, the homework workload increased drastically in Year 5 and Year 6. On top of a few English worksheets, there would be German and Chinese homework every week, and on top they need to do group projects and book reports as well.

And, I was told that by secondary (my son will enter Year 7 this coming August), there will be more homework, tests and exams; kinda like local schools.

How is chinese?  If a child is already proficient in chinese by the time they reach year 4 (due to private tutoring), what level of chinese will they be taught at GSIS?

>> I don't know what do you mean by proficient and it's really hard for me to judge the level, as I have no reference to other schools or local schools (I got only one kid and he's been studying in int'l school all along). In fact, my son is being regarded as 'proficient' and 'very good' in Chinese in the eyes of his classmates and their parents. However, my friends/relatives & I (the local Chinese) think his Chinese is not good enough. He joined GSIS in Year 3 and before that, he had Chinese lessons everyday in the previous primary school and kindergarten. I can only advise you that private tutoring is essential to keep up your kid's Chinese, especially if you will put him/her in GSIS. Then, if he/she can enter the 'flyers' group of Chinese in GSIS by Year 7, the standard would be really high (they are using Beijing Year 4 textbook  and I was told that even some local school students could not get into the 'flyers' group).

Hope the above helps.

Best,
Ruby

20#
發表於 11-5-23 08:09 |只看該作者
Thanks.  For Chinese, at Year 4 which is their starting year, what level of textbook do they use for the "proficient" student?  How many lessons are there in a week?  Do you think their teaching is good?

原帖由 Ruby1219 於 11-5-22 21:09 發表

>>I remember homework workload in Year 3 was light. Maybe a few worksheets per week. Usually class teacher would assign the homework on Monday whi ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題