密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 中場休息,小一面試最重要什麼因素?
發新帖
查看: 2067|回覆: 5
go

中場休息,小一面試最重要什麼因素?

發表於 11-2-2 09:46 |顯示全部帖子
We have been climbing this P1 admission mountain for 4 to 6 mountains and nobody is gonna quit this game until they can get to their 'top'. Everybody put their blood, sweats and tear into this game and fight for the best for their kids. So, let's not waste our energy and review what the 5 most critical factors on P1 admission.

First of all, I would say "certificates and awards" are in fact not very important. School can only spend few seconds on your page(s) of certificates and awards.

In my heart and as my personal ranking, the 5 most important factors are:

[No. 1] Interview Performance
[No. 2] K2 School Report (Second Term)& School Recommendation Letter
[No. 3] Family / Parent Background
[No. 4] Exceptional kid's experience e.g. on travelling
[No. 5] Your faith and target of your own "top"

Agree? Again, there is no yes and no to this ranking. Just a personal ranking.

發表於 11-2-2 09:49 |顯示全部帖子
sorry. A typo. The first sentence should be read

"We have been climbing this P1 admission mountain for 4 to 6 months and ..."

發表於 11-2-2 10:10 |顯示全部帖子
My two cents:

1. Personal profile is a necessity in reality.  Although interviewers may not spend much time on it, I believe they expect at least a list of balanced extra-curricular activities and/or competitions to understand how you develop your child.

2. The importance of faith or religious belief only applies to certain schools which rank believers in a higher priority.
原帖由 survivor 於 11-2-2 09:46 發表
We have been climbing this P1 admission mountain for 4 to 6 mountains and nobody is gonna quit this game until they can get to their 'top'. Everybody put their blood, sweats and tear into this game an ...

發表於 11-2-2 11:11 |顯示全部帖子
hi survivor,

Just curious. why u think "Exceptional kid's experience e.g. on travelling" will add marks to the admission game?

For me, apart from the points you mentioned, I also think that the porforlio (if the school accepts) is quite an important part, in a sense that the parents should mentioned their expectation on their child and the education that they are expecting for.  This will let the school know if the parents are having similar believes on education and hence the future cooperation between school and the family to raise the child can be forecasted.

發表於 11-2-2 11:13 |顯示全部帖子
hi thomasha,

long time no see. just 八卦一下. what's your final decision for your little boy? besides, may i pm you to get some advice on 2 schools?

發表於 11-2-2 17:51 |顯示全部帖子
Sure, please go ahead.
原帖由 wasabi-cat 於 11-2-2 11:13 發表
hi thomasha,

long time no see. just 八卦一下. what's your final decision for your little boy? besides, may i pm you to get some advice on 2 schools?