用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 備戰大學 13th Feb Challenge Day - LPCUWC (Updated)
查看: 19547|回覆: 38
go

13th Feb Challenge Day - LPCUWC (Updated) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-12-30 18:01 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Any parents or students from LPCUWC can share with me the program flow and context of the Challenge Day?

[ 本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 11-2-14 23:33 編輯 ]
   6    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-1-1 11:51 |只看該作者

香港李寶椿聯合世界書院

I got a blog from internet:

Two weeks ago I went back to LPCUWC to be one of the assessors for Challenge Day of LPCUWC. It is basically a day for current applicants of the school to come in and participate in group discussions, gym challenges(that requires a lot of team work), problem solving activities etc. And my job was to evaluate (on a sheet that I have to cover with my folder) how fitting each member of my group was potentially to the school.

It was a difficult job for me, to see so much talented young students (just like myself six years ago ) desperate to get into the school and to have to pick only a few to recommend (to progress into the next application process.) Our evaluation was not all the school would take into considerations, but I reckon that the effect of a ‘R’ and a ‘NR’ on the evaluation form next to a student’s name should make somewhat a difference.

I couldn’t help but recall the day when I was in their position, so nervous yet excited. From that day alone I have made many friends, including Sandy Ma, who was there as an assessor that day as well, and Elaine, whom I am still good friends with today, even though we didn’t end up going to the same school.

I never felt so grateful to have been to LPC, but as I look back, how many great people and places and experiences this place has brought me, how much have I been inspired by it. My heart aches just to imagine having never made friends with all those great characters and great teachers of my life. The influence of the spirit reaches far beyond my two years. Even today I meet new friends who are alumni of the school. That alone, almost always, is enough for us to click. Those who came out of the school are not those who would settle for less, we challenge the norm like we challenge ourselves.

It is a truly unique school, in a remarkable way, and it is the students that truly made this place so wonderful, wonderfully challenging.

Challenge is inspiration, in a way.

Another post from BK, year ago:

本地中五學生能入讀的 (From now on for F4 or G10, without HKCEE rerults), 大部份來自英中名校, 因LPC對學生最基本要求是具備excellent 英語.

今年申請人約600, 學位只有60個. 競爭甚為激烈.

申請者先經LPC(西)選 (This year need to sit for Apitude Test), 合資格者參加第一輪長約8-9小時面試--> challenge day.

通過第一輪面試而獲得第二輪面試機會的約200人, 需跟校長及兩位校方成員作10分鐘單獨面談.

在中學校內成績最好的, 不一定被選中, LPC要求全能學生, 各方面均需發展平均. 最重要是思想敏銳, 性格開朗合群, 能包容, 能接受不同意見的年青人。

Anymore detail information about the Challenge Day from F4 last intake.

[ 本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 11-1-1 12:08 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 11-1-28 17:09 |只看該作者
My son got the email from LPCUWC and informed him to participate the Challenge Day. It's a good news for him.

He is in the process to know more about the objectives of the Challenge Day by talking to alumni and current students of LPCUWC. They provided some useful info which is more than just fit in LPC admission, also valid for University Admission and job interview in the future.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

4#
發表於 11-1-29 11:25 |只看該作者
原帖由 ANChan59 於 11-1-28 17:09 發表
My son got the email from LPCUWC and informed him to participate the Challenge Day. It's a good news for him.

He is in the process to know more about the objectives of the Challenge Day by talking to ...

努力!加油!

5#
發表於 11-1-29 20:15 |只看該作者
原帖由 ANChan59 於 11-1-28 17:09 發表

He is in the process to know more about the objectives of the Challenge Day by talking to ...

Good luck to him.

Please share with us how challenging it is .

6#
發表於 11-1-29 20:16 |只看該作者
ANChan59,
please check pm.

7#
發表於 11-1-29 22:13 |只看該作者
原帖由 vet 於 11-1-29 20:16 發表
ANChan59,
please check pm.

Pls check your pm.

8#
發表於 11-1-29 22:15 |只看該作者
Tommy & vet

Thanks for your support.

Not much we can do now. Hope for the best and see how the Lord leads him through the process.

ANChan59

9#
發表於 11-1-31 22:10 |只看該作者

回復 3# ANChan59 的帖子

Hi ANChan59,

早年見明報介紹周兆祥及他女兒,其女兒就是在LPCUWC讀書,文中描述的學習生活令人響往。在此預祝你囝仔順利過關,兔年在LPCUWC另有一番體會和得着,學習上更進一步!
多謝你在BK的分享,我替小兒找升中選校資料時也有參考你的寶貴資料和意見。

cowboymama

10#
發表於 11-2-1 09:19 |只看該作者

回復 9# cowboymama 的帖子

cowboymama

Thanks alot.

One step a time, wait and see how he progress in the admission exercise. Even the exercise also reviewing, he needs to review his portfolio to answer some basic questions:

1. Why LPCUWC?
2. Why the school should take him?
3. What breakthrough he can achieve by entering LPC?

A good preparation before university admission.

I learnt alot in BK in 2006 for my boy's secondary school admission. In those day, most parents are polite and helpful, open-minded .......

Nowadays, .........

11#
發表於 11-2-13 14:14 |只看該作者
Today is Challenge Day, I hope he is fine and enjoy the challenge.

On Friday, my son had the anxiety and nervious about the Challenge. My wife had a good chat with him to ensure and re-build his confidence. Adjust his and our expectation, he felt much better yesterday.

In the morning, it's raining and cool, he changed his sports shoes to black trainers and brought one more water proof jacket as spare.

12#
發表於 11-2-14 13:26 |只看該作者

回覆 11# ANChan59 的文章

My son got back home last night totally exhausted. He had a hot water bath and finished the dinner, we chatted for an hour about the "Challenge Day".

In previous years, around 300+ students invited for the Challenge Day (CD) based on the predicted grade of HKCEE results (Last year, based on both HKCEE and aptitude tests). This year based on HAST aptitude test results and only 180 students being invited.

180 students divided into 18 teams, 9 in English and 9 in Chinese (My son is regretted not to take Chinese instead of English), each team 10 members.

The rundown of his team was:
1. Current affairs discussion - 3 news passages as background and discuss;
2. Individual interview - 5-10 min;
3. 3 problem solving and adventurous games
4. Learn a new language - Africa
5. Dancing

***** Delected *****

After the CD, they (100 students) may be invited for Panel Interview before 2nd March. His confidence is less than 50-50, the competition is very keen.

***** Delected *****

We asked him a fundamental question, if LPC gives him an offer, what's his choice? He needs second thought and he felt CD and the whole admission process of LPC is a matching process more than a selection process, it's reviewing to him.........

From a father's view point, the interviewer helped him to shape his career path from a strategic and also fundamental perspective. It worths more than just an interview, admission, a place.......

Finally, he may not have a chance for Panel Interview, but I still appreciate LPC to run a so sophisticated admission process to help my son to prepare for the university admission and the future career selection.

[ 本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 11-2-16 18:31 編輯 ]

13#
發表於 11-2-14 13:51 |只看該作者
he felt CD and the whole admission process of LPC is a matching process more than a selection process,

Hi Anchan,

You're very nice to give the sharing.  I think all young adults and parents should take the admission process to universities or secondary schools as a matching process.  It's the process to shape their mind too.  

annie

原帖由 ANChan59 於 11-2-14 13:26 發表
My son got back home last night totally exhausted. He had a hot water bath and finished the dinner, we chatted for an hour about the "Challenge Day".

In previous years, around 300+ students invited f ...

14#
發表於 11-2-14 14:17 |只看該作者

回覆 13# annie40 的文章

Annie

I agreed with your point. But it's not easy for us and our kids to learn this lesson.

ANChan59

15#
發表於 11-2-15 09:26 |只看該作者
ANChan59

Thank you for your unselfish continual sharing.  It definitely was very encouraging to see your support to your son throughout his school career (to-date).

While my kids are not as accomplished as your son, I am also proud of them as they are today   This was reinforced by watching the CU Master holder yesterday which only demonstrated the fact of how academic brilliance was not enough for a person to survive in the real world.

I wish your son the very besh and success in his quest for admission to LPCUWC.

Cheers
CCM

16#
發表於 11-2-17 10:13 |只看該作者

回覆 15# CCM 的文章

CCM

Thanks.

We all should proud of our kids and walk with them, provide adequate advice ............

ANChan59

17#
發表於 11-2-17 12:58 |只看該作者
Anchan,

你能把入学面试看成是个配对过程, 而非重视成败结果,已是一个了不得的家长. 相信你的孩子在耳濡目染下, 早已上了宝贵的一课.  另外能坦然分享面试内容. 足证您和孩子有的真正实学, 无私无畏矣! 这点价值观和视野正是LPCUW的部分信念.  

刚好有好几个朋友的孩子亦是念LPCUW 或海外UW 的, 和两个LPCUW的老师, 其中一个孩子哥哥是LPCUW的 leader kid, LPCUW也收了弟弟, 但弟弟觉得自己如能念书, 留在原校也会一般出色, 故没有转校.  

你的态度行为跟我认识的LPCUW妈妈十分相似, 我相信无论你的孩子落在那种土地上, 也会矗立成长的.  无惧风雨.

做人无符碌, 做家长也一样.  

annie

原帖由 ANChan59 於 11-2-14 14:17 發表
Annie

I agreed with your point. But it's not easy for us and our kids to learn this lesson.

ANChan59

18#
發表於 11-5-10 14:09 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

19#
發表於 11-5-10 16:42 |只看該作者

回覆 18# Annie123 的文章

Yes, in another post

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/vie ... &extra=page%3D2

20#
發表於 11-5-13 20:41 |只看該作者
原帖由 ANChan59 於 11-2-14 13:26 發表
From a father's view point, the interviewer helped him to shape his career path from a strategic and also fundamental perspective. It worths more than just an interview, admission, a place.......

我感覺你自己才是幫你囝囝的真命天子!Thanks for sharing.
山不在高,有仙則名。水不在深,有龍則靈。
人不可貌相,海水不可斗量。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題