教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 RHS玫瑰崗, Victoria(Kornhill) and KCS蘇浙
樓主: Jiyee
go

RHS玫瑰崗, Victoria(Kornhill) and KCS蘇浙 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-12-15 15:25 |只看該作者

回覆 1# A9109494 的文章

Many thanks again, all!

Every time when I get to read messages here, I am surprised and impressed with all the in-depth and informative discussions taken place here.

As for my little one, because her mother tongue is Korean(my wife is a Korean), there are not many options for her here in HK. She can start speaking good English now, so that our next focus is PTH, as I believe she can easily pick up Cantonese elsewhere.

Life is full of complications and accidents, my original plan is to let her study in private/local schools that can provide quality bilingual language education until P3 or 4, then hopefully my daughter will agree to move to IS, as I am really into the IB education -- much better than the local curriculum.

No one knows what happens, but currently RHS and KCS look most appropiate.

I also intend to create a caring community of RHS parents here, so that if my daughter will finally go there, we can support each other.

BTW, she has been accepted as PM student in K1, I am trying every thing I could, to transfer her to AM session.

Look forward to knowing more from you, many thanks again!

醒目開學勳章

22#
發表於 10-12-15 15:39 |只看該作者
原帖由 Jiyee 於 10-12-15 15:25 發表
Many thanks again, all!

Every time when I get to read messages here, I am surprised and impressed with all the in-depth and informative discussions taken place here.

As for my little one, because he ...

PM would be much better because I afraid she has to wake up very early in the morning if she studied in am session.  Btw, if English is the first language of your daughter, RHS should be much preferrable than KCS.  She can learn cantonese at RHS as well.  The path/chance for changing to IS in the future is also better at RHS.  Moreover, I like the white school dress, haha~~

23#
發表於 10-12-16 09:06 |只看該作者

回覆 1# lyhv 的文章

Thanks again, Iyhv, A9109494, rabbyy, fefemom and everyone!

I feel that it is important for parents to keep exchanging info about school, especially if we are all finally going to the same school.

As parents, we all worry about the education for our children, but deep down there in my heart, I keep reminding myself that schools, teachers, community and curriculums are only "tools" to equip our children for a challenging future, "brand name" is important because it often indicates the quality, however, we don't need to be "obsessed" with the "brand", as long as our children are happy, healthy and learning.

SPK, HKPS, Victoria, RHS & KCS are all great schools, but currently, at this point, I think that RHS and KCS can appropiately fit into my daughter's special situation.

RHS is nice in many ways, but I only concern about the 30 mins school bus distance. KCS is also fantastic.

I want to know about the school fee of RHS kindergarten, and also more info about its primary.

Please feed me back, many thanks again, and Merry Xmas!!

24#
發表於 10-12-16 10:00 |只看該作者
Hi Jiyee,
Could you pls share more about the IB education and what doyou think of the local curriculum?
From my observation, kids studying in RHS will mainly communicate in Cantonese with their peers, however, KCS will surely fluent in PTH (no Cantonese at all). Depending what is your requirement. My girl learned a lots of PTH songs from school but also picked up lots of Cantonese along the way. RHS will have extra activities (come with fees if you want to join) for students on Sat while KCS doesn't have much on these.

25#
發表於 10-12-16 10:16 |只看該作者
As you have mentioned you believe at the stage of Year 1 or 2, class size also means quality teaching and learning.  So, I believe class size in PN and KG are also very important in your weighting criteria.  I have no idea about RHS, but just for your information, the class size in KCS is very big.   For my kid's PN class 2 years ago, 35 children in one class, KG, 37 children.....though both with 3 teachers.  
Last piece of information, KCS is just like a mini international school, especially the PN class, for my kid's PN class, almost 1/3 of the children are non-chinese.  There were westerners, mixed kids, Korean, Japanese and Malysian, etc.  I can see most of these non-chinese children can also speak Mandarine quite well now.  So, if you want your kid to learn PTH, KCS can give you quality assurance, but at the expense of Cantonese.
For the Campus, definately, KCS campus is old and small, but to me, better and bigger than Victoria.
原帖由 Jiyee 於 10-12-16 09:06 發表
Thanks again, Iyhv, A9109494, rabbyy, fefemom and everyone!

I feel that it is important for parents to keep exchanging info about school, especially if we are all finally going to the same school.

A ...

26#
發表於 10-12-16 16:51 |只看該作者
康怡站 7:50上車, 12:30落車, 由於是頭站, 所以一定會耐些少, 放學12:15開車, 車程約15分鐘左右. 校車的安全帶是5點式, 跟車是1-2位老師, 放學是1位姐姐.
以環境論, 相信RHS是首選, 每班人數約20-24左右, 1位班主任+1助教, 英文日2個net, pth 日 1位pth老師, 班主任很主動聯絡家長, 可多了解小朋友在校的情況. 每位老師也很愛錫小朋友. k2開始2本功課, 評估(考試)要溫書, k3要默書, 但小朋友還是很喜歡上學. 可能RHS 的家長比較忙碌, 所以很少上來分享

KCS課程淺些, 功課少些, 輕鬆些, 能學到流利pth, 朋友囝囝讀緊, 他說好老師真的要看彩數, 他有幸遇到

其實這幾間都是好學校, 希望幫到你們!

[ 本帖最後由 bobbb123 於 10-12-16 17:06 編輯 ]

27#
發表於 10-12-17 00:13 |只看該作者

回覆 1# bobbb123 的文章

Many thanks for your info, bobbb123, Sorb, Doremi08 and all!

Due to my daughter's background, I've only applied 3 schools for her -- RHS, Vict and KCS.

I am a native speaker of PTH, however, I need to work at day time, so just hope that her teachers will be introducing and practising PTH with her when I am at work.

English is the common language used at my family, so I want her to continue reinforcing it.

Last but not the least, as we will be living here in HK, Cantonese is important in daily communication.

I like the distance and curriculum in KCS, however, the environment and curriculum in RHS are also fantastic!

It is a real dilemma, isn't it?!
But, let's wait until the interview result of KCS arrives...

Doremi08, IB education is not really new in HK, many popular IS have adapted the curriculum, say, Kingston, Vict, ESF, and a few more. It is widely accepted around the world, including HK universities.

The IB provides an authenic learning environment for students, they learn thru asking relative questions, and live by caring for each other.

When local students are still working on how to get higher scores for exams, IB students would research and work with their teachers on their paper work in different subjects -- just like the dissertation in universities.

That is why I am trying to equip my daughter with strong English and Chinese -- language is one of the keys to success, not only in the IB learning, but also within this reality.

If you want more info, explore the link: www.ibo.org

I am still keen to know about the school fee of RHS and the quality of its primary, thanks in advance!

[ 本帖最後由 Jiyee 於 10-12-17 00:27 編輯 ]

28#
發表於 10-12-17 10:09 |只看該作者

回覆 27# Jiyee 的文章

Thanks a lots Jiyee

29#
發表於 10-12-17 11:36 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

醒目開學勳章

30#
發表於 10-12-17 14:46 |只看該作者
原帖由 mchk1228 於 10-12-17 11:36 發表
Hi all,

I am new here & like to join in to your discussion & sharing.

I have a Aug 07 daughter & want to know more info about KCS's kinder, primary & secondary, can anyone share more in-depth about ...

just like RHS, KCS secondary school (north point cloudview road campus) is not a very good school when i was a teenage, that is my personal opinion.  normally most parents are just targeting to these two schools' kindergarten and primary school section.

31#
發表於 10-12-17 16:11 |只看該作者
KCS KG and primary are not "through-train" school.  There are more than 400 students in K3, but only around 120 seats in P1. All KCS K3 students have to be interviewed now to have an offer from KCS primary.  I did learn cases of failure this year.  
Secondly, KCS primary and secondary school are not linked schools, they are just schools under the same sponsoring body only.....so, bear the name KCS.    I trust all parents sending their kids to KCS primary will not target to send their kids to KCS secondary.  So, never mistaken KCS is through-train from KG to secondary.  
If you want to know its 2010 P6 allocation result to secondary 1, you can refer to this link.  GIPW has wrtiten some secondary school names there.
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2258577&extra=&page=2
原帖由 lyhv 於 10-12-17 14:46 發表

just like RHS, KCS secondary school (north point cloudview road campus) is not a very good school when i was a teenage, that is my personal opinion.  normally most parents are just targeting to thes ...

32#
發表於 10-12-20 10:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 Jiyee 於 10-12-17 00:13 發表
Many thanks for your info, bobbb123, Sorb, Doremi08 and all!

Due to my daughter's background, I've only applied 3 schools for her -- RHS, Vict and KCS.

I am a native speaker of PTH, however, I need  ...

My kid is studying at RHS (PN & now K1).  I gone through the same struggling process as you last year.   
Finally I selected to let my kid to stay at RHS.   Main reason is the envir and class size.  Class size is ~28 kids per class with 2-3 teachers.  Also, seems to have a well balance of language exposure - 2 days Eng & 2 days PTH with native teacher.  
In term of homework, kids have homework in K1 (3 times per week), colouring and drawing lines, 1-2 pages at a time.   No real pressure in K1.  Also, they have extra activities organised on Sat which is optional  (with extra fees, price is reasonable)
If u want a very strong PTH, I beleive KCS is more suitable.  But if u want to know more Cantonese and a very spacious & gd envir (sizeable indoor and outdoor playground & sandpool), seems RHS is better.  
In term of travelling time, I also live in eastern district.  Although the pick up time seems early ~(8:05-8:10),  it actually takes ~25 mins to get to school,  not too bad.  They will have assembly in cover playground before they back to classroom.  
I understand that RHS has Pearson Test of English in K2, any parents at RHS can share what it's about and whether is higher level than K2 Eng?

33#
發表於 10-12-20 22:40 |只看該作者
My daughter is studying at RHS PN.  She loves the school so much that she always pretends having the class at home!  The cirruculum is very balanced, and the school is well-managed with caring and patient teaching staff.  

Nonethess in your case since you plan to send you kid to IS eventually, will you consider KCIS (the international stream of KCS)?

[ 本帖最後由 NatalieBaby 於 10-12-20 22:44 編輯 ]

34#
發表於 10-12-21 00:42 |只看該作者

回覆 1# NatalieBaby 的文章

Thanks a lot, mchk1228, Iyhv, Sorb, littlejc, Nataliebaby, and everyone!
You are welcome also, Doremi08!

Even though KCS is not a "thru train", I still think it is worthwhile putting our children there -- applications and interviews can often be headache for parents, I understand, though.

PTH will definitely be another world language in very near future, and to a certain extent, it already is!

I believe that most of your children do have more options than mine -- I don't want to raise mine up as a Korean child, nor do I want to raise her up as a completely local kid!

She has the advantage of learning Korean, English, PTH and Cantonese since very young -- this is her advantage and also complication!

So that is why I have to select schools for her very carefully -- normally mothers would join discussions here, but I am a father and hopefully my wife will take over from me soon...  

From my experience and observation, it will make a significant difference if students can study Chinese more for the first 2 or 3 years in primary, once the foundation is built up, it will be more easier for them to pick up any other language in future, no matter it is English or Spanish, whatever...

I am sure that KCIS is also good, but I really want to let my little one try out the local stream first, without giving up her English of course. In this sense, RHS and KCS will be better for my educational plan.

After knowing the interview result of KCS next month and making the final decision, I will create another discussion forum to gather some more parents to support each other.

Wish you all Merry Xmas and a fruitful new year, all the best, fingers crossed!

[ 本帖最後由 Jiyee 於 10-12-21 00:45 編輯 ]

35#
發表於 10-12-24 12:09 |只看該作者

回復 5# lyhv 的帖子

36#
發表於 11-1-7 10:16 |只看該作者

回覆 31# Sorb 的文章

37#
發表於 11-1-7 12:25 |只看該作者
Well, KCS KG does not publize its P1 allocation result publicley.  So, cannot give you the official figures.  

Based on the observation I have so far, the parents of KCS are behaving just like those parents from normal KGs. Some will also apply those good DSS and private primary schools for their kids in addition to KCS p1.  Some will join the lucky draw games too as KCS primary allows the children to do so.

For the kids that I know, they had offer from the following DSS/private schools: St Paul Co-ed, St Paul Boys, DBS, St Stephen College, 優才, HKUGPS, Evangel, True Light, Good Hope, etc. So, quite diversified, no particular trend.

By the way, I cannot give you advice re what school to choose for your kid as I am having the same headache too. Hope other more experienced parents can give you insight in this regard.  Sorry!

原帖由 mchk1228 於 11-1-7 10:16 發表
Hi Sorb,

from your previous reply, so what were the choices of Primary school of the KC kinder's parents after their kids completed K3 if didn't want to stay in KC for P1 or not accepted by KC P1?

M ...

38#
發表於 11-1-7 18:09 |只看該作者

回復 37# Sorb 的帖子

39#
發表於 11-1-12 16:06 |只看該作者
i heard that RHS primary section is no longer reputable nowaday.  Hence, I believe that the academic training at KCS primiary school would be better than RHS primary school.  For this reason, if you live in Kornhill and target to go to a better primary school after KG, then KCS would be preferable.  KCS primary school has preference in accepting KCS KG students.
PTH training at KCS is not the same as those one or two days PTH day per week , the students at KCS use PTH as the primary medium of communication on a daily basis.  They study happily at KCS and loves the school and teachers.  Its location is more convenient for you to attend his activities at school.

40#
發表於 11-1-13 12:12 |只看該作者
‹ 上一主題|下一主題