搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 IB and AP
發新帖
查看: 1859|回覆: 7
go

IB and AP [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-11-7 07:24 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
While going through the information of a few International Schools, I observed that most of the schools are offering the IB program (SIS, ESF) while a few are offering the AP program (e.g. ICS).  Can parents share the pros and cons of the 2 programs?  Thanks.
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-11-7 14:56 |只看該作者
IB and AP are two different programs.

IB program is a school-leaving certificate program while AP program is just an additional program in the US curriculum which helps you prove your ability of coping with college level work and gets you college credits if you perform well in the test.

Many say that IB covers more content in a subject and is generally harder than AP. IB provides a pretty well-rounded curriculum for students as they have to pick subjects from different areas, while AP is basically based on the student's interest in choosing subjects.

And as I know, some AP subjects are not as hard as the others, while some requires tons of revision and understanding.

*IB here means IB DP*

3#
發表於 10-11-7 22:57 |只看該作者
Check this out.
http://greatcollegeadvice.com/which-is-better-ap-or-ib-advanced-placement-vs-international-baccalaureate/

原帖由 splash 於 10-11-7 07:24 發表
While going through the information of a few International Schools, I observed that most of the schools are offering the IB program (SIS, ESF) while a few are offering the AP program (e.g. ICS).  Can  ...

4#
發表於 10-11-9 13:54 |只看該作者
Why are there far more schools adopting the IB program than AP program in HK?  Anyone knows?

5#
發表於 10-11-9 13:55 |只看該作者
I think it's mainly because AP is an American program and there aren't many international schools that are "real American based".

6#
發表於 10-11-11 13:22 |只看該作者
And if I study in an AP school.  Will there be a problem if I want to apply an IB school at at later stage (e.g. Li Po Chun)?

7#
發表於 10-11-13 04:15 |只看該作者
of course there is not!

Change of curriculum is generally allowed and can be easily done unless you want to change curriculum in the middle of a program (e.g. Year 12 of GCE to Year 13 of IB) Actually if you have taken AP exams prior to your start of IB program, your scores (provided that they are good) can serve as an advantage when you apply to college.

Just bear in mind that AP and IB are two separate programs. And that AP usually just serves as an 'enrichment program' more than a real curriculum as a whole.

8#
發表於 10-11-13 06:04 |只看該作者
Cleared.  Thanks!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題