41#
發表於 12-8-22 11:23 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 weiwei 於 12-8-22 11:24 編輯

回復 elmkc 的帖子

a :hammer: :yawn:

42#
發表於 12-8-22 11:25 |只看該作者
elmkc 發表於 12-7-28 16:11
Griffith University is a good university. In Queensland, it is number two (with similar status as Q ...

elmkc

Thanks for your repls.

For Griffth University in Gold Coast for the Hotel Managment Foundation Year + Degree,   Do you know  the fee for local and international students, I can't find it in their website, pls help.

Many thanks.
a :hammer: :yawn:

43#
發表於 12-9-3 12:21 |只看該作者
Hihi all...long time no come.

I have discover two way to study with my boy together in Melbourne, I can become a parent studying in Aust and enroll my boy to study or I just apply for vistor visa for studying with my boy. What do u think?? will it be workable for vistor visa. !!

44#
發表於 12-9-23 20:33 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

45#
發表於 12-12-18 10:56 |只看該作者
Hihi My son who is 13 want to be a Pilot.
We knew there is the famous University in Australia who can do a Pilot training. Do you know the name? And is it difficult to get in?

Beside any excellent high school you can recommand.

MIllion thanks.

46#
發表於 13-1-1 11:52 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

47#
發表於 13-1-1 11:54 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

48#
發表於 13-1-1 12:00 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

49#
發表於 13-1-9 13:21 |只看該作者
Any agent recommand for Australia high school?

50#
發表於 13-2-3 22:38 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 TeL23 於 13-2-3 22:39 編輯

回復 weiwei 的帖子

not bad as Griffith is famous for hotel mgt and Gold Coast is a touristic area ... lots of placement and can find a part time job pretty easily with lots of hotels around. can PM me if needed

51#
發表於 13-2-3 22:40 |只看該作者
回復 weiwei 的帖子

check with IDP they should have those info u required

52#
發表於 13-2-3 22:44 |只看該作者
回復 sleepingbeauty 的帖子

I strongly agreed. though it might not guarantee u good income but it definitely increase ur horizon and good for personal development. it also improves your english and I was so glad my parents sent me there it was the best decision they ever made n i do thank them wholeheartedly. I also take the opportunity to apply for citizenship as you might not know wat will happen in HK in the near future.

53#
發表於 13-2-3 22:48 |只看該作者
回復 sleepingbeauty 的帖子

in regards to the student health cover YES its complusory its called OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover), you can also purchase insurance on top of that. All international students are obliged to buy but i am not sure abt high school student. can PM me if required. I helped friend's relatives to go overseas in the past.

54#
發表於 13-2-3 22:49 |只看該作者
回復 sleepingbeauty 的帖子

by the way, medicare is only applicable to Permanent Resident or Citizen. It does not apply to international students as it is some sort of government benefit to Australians

55#
發表於 13-2-19 11:05 |只看該作者
因老公被調至澳洲悉尼工作, 所以要為子女(男l3歲, 女lO歲)找學校, 因visa 可以以本地學生收費入讀private school, 那請問有無資格報國內的精英中學呢?

我最近找到一間叫Reddam House 的private school, 好不好呢?

56#
發表於 13-2-19 16:01 |只看該作者
LapHimMom 發表於 13-2-19 13:05
因老公被調至澳洲悉尼工作, 所以要為子女(男l3歲, 女lO歲)找學校, 因visa 可以以本地學生收費入讀priva ...

which area you are staying??? driving???

點評

LapHimMom  May be newtown, or other area which is near Reddam House.  發表於 13-2-19 20:29

57#
發表於 13-2-20 11:58 |只看該作者
why newtown??? that is closed to Bondi wor

點評

LapHimMom  bondi not near station, only my husband drive, I haven't got the driving licence yet.  發表於 13-2-21 08:18

58#
發表於 13-2-22 10:11 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 TobsterBB 於 13-2-22 10:12 編輯

Hi all,

We are Aust. citizens but have moved back to HK thirteen years now. Both my son (13) and daugter (7) are studying at international schools here in hk. Recently we are thinking maybe it's about time for my son to go back to continue his study.........get him to experience and also get used to the learning environment in Aust while he is still junior.
I want him to go to private schools but my husband thinks the opposite.
Does anyone know any good govt. high school in either Mel or Sydney? And what are the requirements?
Thanks a lot!

點評

Macusmama  我女兒讀這間,你看看啦...http://www.sion.catholic.edu.au/,私女校,都幾好架,比起其他私校平一些...叫Our Lady of Sion  發表於 13-7-29 17:35

59#
發表於 13-3-23 00:31 |只看該作者
TobsterBB 發表於 13-2-22 10:11
Hi all,

We are Aust. citizens but have moved back to HK thirteen years now. Both my son (13) and d ...
Hi,

I've also returned for about 3 years.
From the age of you children, I suppose they are after HSC, and then get into the Uni in Aus.
It;s really hard to say whether public or private school is better. The resources of so private schools are limited while public selected high school are high in academic standard.
Actually behind "good" public schools, the teachers and tutors are parents or tuition school rather than the
school teachers. As the admission to public school is based on whether your address is within the catchment area of the school. Therefore, it is not uncommon that the districts of high schools will have good hsc result when having a lot of Chinese living there.

In a nut shell, if you are after "good" public schools, the first thing to do is to choose a "good" place to live in. However, it is really hard to squeeze in such districts. as the rent of property price have soared to an unbearable level!

At first, I am quite surprise that why  this question is raised by Aus citizens. Afterall, may be Aus has changed a lot during these 13 years..

The only requirement to enter a particular Aus public school is living in that district. This rule is for local Aus.  However, many "good" schools in "good" districts try to refuse applicant in their school zone as there are not enough places.

It may be very subtle that even in this situation, some westerners within the district can negotiate and get a place while Chinese are admit only when in very firm persistent.

60#
發表於 13-3-23 00:40 |只看該作者
TobsterBB 發表於 13-2-22 10:11
Hi all,

We are Aust. citizens but have moved back to HK thirteen years now. Both my son (13) and d ...
Sorry that I only answer part of your questions.

If you can afford, go to a good private high school. However, they may also have a long wait list.
No matter what choice, the academic performance of your children depends on themselves, as well as the assistant from you. Please don't count on their teachers.

A "good" school only provides peers of similar family conditions while it is this peer pressure as well as the norm of the parent that spur the kids of this "good" school to hardworking. Meanwhile, a high school in poor districts may not provide a stable and hardworking atmosphere.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題