搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際英文幼稚園 St. Cat - English-Putonghua class interview
發新帖
查看: 3357|回覆: 6
go

St. Cat - English-Putonghua class interview [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-10-3 03:42 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
If we choose English-Putonhua class, the child needs to be interviewd in Putonghua also.  Will the Putonghua teacher interviews the parent in putonghua also?  My Putonghua is not good, but my son knows some simple vocabulary in Putonghua and I would like him to try to interview this class.  But if the teacher interviews me in Putonghua, I am afraid I cannot do it well. Can anybody advise me about this? Thanks.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-10-3 03:42 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
If we choose English-Putonhua class, the child needs to be interviewd in Putonghua also.  Will the Putonghua teacher interviews the parent in putonghua also?  My Putonghua is not good, but my son knows some simple vocabulary in Putonghua and I would like him to try to interview this class.  But if the teacher interviews me in Putonghua, I am afraid I cannot do it well. Can anybody advise me about this? Thanks.
   0    0    0    0

3#
發表於 10-10-3 11:10 |只看該作者
原帖由 wongting 於 10-10-3 03:42 發表
If we choose English-Putonhua class, the child needs to be interviewd in Putonghua also.  Will the Putonghua teacher interviews the parent in putonghua also?  My Putonghua is not good, but my son know ...

Yes the teacher will chat with the parents in PTH too. I think at least you need to understand some simple questions in PTH and answer them in PTH accordingly as In EP class, the PTH teachers even  talk to the parents in PTH daily.

4#
發表於 10-10-3 15:39 |只看該作者
hi babe725,

Thanks for your sharing.

Our mother tonque is cantonese instead of PTH, but my girl has PTH lesson (30mins) every day in her nusery class. She can understand and speak some vocab in PTH. And I understand PTH but cannot speak well. Is it possible for us to attend the PTH interview and get a place in the Eng/PTH class?

Besides, if my girl get an offer luckily, is it easy for her to catch up the lessons?

How many Eng/PTH classes in total? Are some of them in am and some in pm?

Can you share the content of the interview? How long will it take?

原帖由 babe725 於 10-10-3 11:10 發表

Yes the teacher will chat with the parents in PTH too. I think at least you need to understand some simple questions in PTH and answer them in PTH accordingly as In EP class, the PTH teachers even  t ...

5#
發表於 10-10-3 19:17 |只看該作者
原帖由 littlecook 於 10-10-3 15:39 發表
hi babe725,

Thanks for your sharing.

Our mother tonque is cantonese instead of PTH, but my girl has PTH lesson (30mins) every day in her nusery class. She can understand and speak some vocab in PTH. ...

Hi littlecook,
Last year, my hubby went to interview with my daughter. According to what he said, my daughter couldn't follow the teacher's instruction duringthe interview. But at least, she followed the teacher to pronounce PTH. So don't worry.
There are EP classes in both am and pm session.  But I don't know the exact no. of EP classes. My daughter's class teacher told me that most of the children in SC could speak good PTH by the end of K3, and those children whose mother tongue was not PTH would also catch up very fast as they studied under PTH environment daily in school.
About the interview last year, my hubby said that he can't remember the questions the teacher asked, but he remembered that the PTH teacher asked my daughter to give her, eg. banana, amongst apple, banana, pear and a duck etc. Also, the teacher asked him why we choose EP class, expectation from school, what our mother tongue at home etc.  希望幫到你。祝順利成功!

[ 本帖最後由 babe725 於 10-10-3 19:27 編輯 ]

6#
發表於 10-10-3 23:05 |只看該作者
Thanks for your sharing again!

Do you know whether teachers conduct Concepts/Maths in Eng or PTH in EP class?

Are books and materials the same between EC and EP classes?

Is your mother tonque Cantonese or PTH? I am wondering how to do revision with my girl if she is in EP class while my PTH is not so good! Can you share your experience with me?

原帖由 babe725 於 10-10-3 19:17 發表

Hi littlecook,
Last year, my hubby went to interview with my daughter. According to what he said, my daughter couldn't follow the teacher's instruction duringthe interview. But at least, she followed ...

7#
發表於 10-10-4 09:22 |只看該作者
Ans: The lessons are conducted in English and PTH only. However, my girl still knows some Chinese words in Cantonese. I know most of the Class teachers know how to speak Cantonese as well. So, don't worry if your kid's PTH is not good enough.

Are books and materials the same between EC and EP classes?
Ans: almost the same except some wordings/expressions that should be different in PTH and Cantonese.

The language environment in EP class is very good. My kid only speaks Eng or PTH with her classmates in a very natural way!!!

8#
發表於 10-10-4 23:07 |只看該作者
Thanks for your sharing!

原帖由 share123 於 10-10-4 09:22 發表
Ans: The lessons are conducted in English and PTH only. However, my girl still knows some Chinese words in Cantonese. I k ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題