搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Is it ok to repeat K1?
發新帖
查看: 2001|回覆: 11
go

Is it ok to repeat K1? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-9-18 02:06 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My son was born mid-Sep 2008. His brother is studying K1 at Pui Ching this year.

Since Pui Ching only accept students up to 31 Aug 2008, I can't apply to K1 for my younger son.

Currently my younger son has been accepted into Christian Youth Centre Kln Tong and will begin in Oct 2010.

My husband insists on applying Pui Ching again the following year so both our children can study at the same school.

But I am concerned that my son will be 4yrs old by the time he starts K1 at Pui Ching and since this year I will still apply for K1 at other schools he will be studying the K1 curriculum again. I can understand repeating if my son is a really young B like nov or dec born.  But he is only 2 wks past the cut off date so I dont think repeating is a good choice.

My arugments against repeating K1 are:

1. 4 yrs old studying K1 one topics again
2. Could be gaining new knowledge instead of repeating old topics
3. My son will not be interested in class because it's too easy
4. When he is older he might feel embarassed that he is studying a grade lower than kids the same age.
5. I dont think he will be at a great disadvantage for grades being a bit younger than most kids.

My husband's arguments for repeating K1 are:
1. Brothers will have a better relationship being in the same school
2. Being eldest in class, he will have advantage in grades later in Primary.
3. He is 2yrs old now but still cant speak in full sentences or say his own name.

I would appreciate some advice from other parents who may have gone through the same thing.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-9-18 02:23 |只看該作者
Hi, I got the same problem as yours but I think the same as yr hubby does and my hubby think similar as u do.

Pui Ching is one of my target too. To be honest, I agree with u guys' ( u n my hubby) opinion...... However, in my gal's situration, she is the kind of person that she needs much encouragement, praising or I may say she is very strong in leadership....( she not yet speak the full sentence toooooo)..... That's why I always think that it might be better for her to be Big gal in class..... if she is the one who can hardly present herself, she may not be interested in learning anymore....

Anyway, we will still apply K1 for other Kinders. If we can success, we will let her try first..... if she is doing fine, then we will consider to let her continue.... if not, we will apply those kinders that only accept big B next year .....because if I didn't apply any for her this year.... I just give up the opportunity.

Keep in touch!

原帖由 soonayuen 於 10-9-18 02:06 發表
My son was born mid-Sep 2008. His brother is studying K1 at Pui Ching this year.

Since Pui Ching only accept students up to 31 Aug 2008, I can't apply to K1 for my younger son.

Currently my younger  ...

3#
發表於 10-9-18 10:52 |只看該作者
其實都可以repeat一年,如果間學校好!

4#
發表於 10-9-18 12:30 |只看該作者

回覆 3# soonayuen 的文章

如果係培正收就緊係Repeat啦!無乜邊間可以由KG到中學一絛龍嘅名珓。

5#
發表於 10-9-20 11:48 |只看該作者
In my opinion, if you will let your younger son to continue to study at PC, then all (or most) of the kids are from the older slot (unless they will change the rule to accept Sep - Dec baby later). So the age difference wont be that much.

I think you should let him to study at some English focus KG for K1, then repeat K1 at PC, so he will have a good Eng background.

6#
發表於 10-9-20 12:12 |只看該作者
可以同哥哥一齊番pc 我覺得值得囉
兄弟感情都會好d
而且仔仔而家既中心幼稚園 (我仔之前係呢間n1 而家pc k1)我覺得唔係太特出既k囉 比起pc
如果你話係細仔已經係一間好好既k1 就唔值得轉去pc

7#
發表於 10-9-20 12:13 |只看該作者
In my opinion, study in other KG first and see his progress…

A friend’s son born on 6 Sept and could not applied for PC K1 , but he got 插班in PC K2 with other big boy in the next year…

I dun know if this is a special case, but someone did it…
(PS. My friend does not intend to do it in first place)

8#
發表於 10-9-20 14:02 |只看該作者
Could you provide more details about "he got 插班in PC K2 with other big boy in the next year"?  So he's the smallest boy in the K2 class?

原帖由 carmensamso 於 10-9-20 12:13 發表
In my opinion, study in other KG first and see his progress…

A friend’s son born on 6 Sept and could not applied for PC K1 , but he got 插班in PC K2 with other big boy in the next year…

I dun kno ...

9#
發表於 10-9-20 14:05 |只看該作者
原帖由 bee918 於 10-9-20 14:02 發表
Could you provide more details about "he got 插班in PC K2 with other big boy in the next year"?  So he's the smallest boy in the K2 class?

其實明年k2插班位我估會少之又少
因為今年k1已經收多左人(因為少左人放棄唔讀)
而家一班由本來既30人已經變成31至33人

[ 本帖最後由 NICOLE123 於 10-9-20 14:08 編輯 ]

10#
發表於 10-9-20 14:07 |只看該作者
我係你會照報 PC K1, 如果收才決定 repeat 與否. 無需要呢一刻決定.

11#
發表於 10-9-20 18:08 |只看該作者
re: he got 插班in PC K2
i reli dunno know, but I believe he is the smallest in that class..

in fact, that kid change to pc only because they moved from Hong Kong side to kowloon side...

That kid is still in pc...

they have no connection/relationship ga

12#
發表於 10-9-25 22:43 |只看該作者
Thank you everyone for your opinion. I guess there is still time to make the decision.

I applied soooo many K1 for my youngest son. I am from Canada originally so I dont know much about the schools in Hong Kong. i just recently found out about 崇真小學暨幼稚園.

Are they very strict about the cut-off date?

Can I apply for my son next year?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題