搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Interesting Observation of ESF and RC
查看: 9339|回覆: 56
go

Interesting Observation of ESF and RC [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-9-17 20:44 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi all,

I noticed that there are many messages regarding the admission of ESF primary schools. Nevertheless the messages for RC is much fewer. Does anyone know why? I believe many family do not care about the extra of about HK$20,000 school fee.

Does it mean that parents prefer ESF and not RC? If yes, why? Admission standard, academic standard or other reasons. Please share. Thank you.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-9-18 08:00 |只看該作者
There are 5-6 ESF primary schools in various zone but just one RC in Ma On Shan.
However, parents would apply both (and also DC) anyway.

原帖由 Aerosol_Ma 於 10-9-17 20:44 發表
Hi all,

I noticed that there are many messages regarding the admission of ESF primary schools. Nevertheless the messages for RC is much fewer. Does anyone know why? I believe many family do not care  ...

3#
發表於 10-9-19 14:41 |只看該作者
其實,當自己的小朋友入到理想及滿意的小學後,大部份人都不會再發表意見或關注此討論區。所以你很少見到HKIS, CIS, DC, GSIS, 港島區的ESF 的家長的意見。只有未入到小學的家長才緊張此討論區。
No news is good news.

醒目開學勳章

4#
發表於 10-9-19 21:20 |只看該作者
Hi all,

I noticed that there are many messages regarding the admission of ESF primary schools. Nevertheless the messages for RC is much fewer. Does anyone know why? I believe many family do not care  ...

I do think $20000 is a huge amount of money for most parents. Money is money. Why not care?

In any case, I do not think it is a money issue. RC has shorter history does it? I think most parents still prefer schools with longer history. However, as far as I know, RC is already as popular as other ESF schools.

Last, I also believe that BK is still such a "small" place. Most parents (international or local) do NOT come here at all. So it is not scientic to come to a judgement or conclusion by looking at messages in BK.

5#
發表於 10-9-20 08:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 Darth 於 10-9-19 21:20 發表

I do think $20000 is a huge amount of money for most parents. Money is money. Why not care?

In any case, I do not think it is a money issue. RC has shorter history does it? I think most parents sti ...

RC and traditional ESF primary schools belong to 2 different ESF systems.

ESF primary schools that are in zones are of more traditional ESF schools.  RC is a PIS, which does not receive as much government subsidies.  It's more like a DDS school.  In addition, RC and DC have to take at least 50% children of local parents, which is an agreement between ESF and HKSAR when they asked for the land to build PIS schools.  Hence the shorter history.

醒目開學勳章

6#
發表於 10-9-20 14:32 |只看該作者
原帖由 lottieclee 於 10-9-20 08:14 發表
  In addition, RC and DC have to take at least 50% children of local parents.

My kids are not in the PIS so I never really look into those "terms". For me as a parent, I do not care what a school is classified (ESF or PIS or DSS, whatever).I would rather look for the actual quality of the school. I myself do not like one of the ESF schools. In any case, 50% local is very few. At least, most ESF probably have more than 50% local people. And, in fact, most top students are in fact students with a local background. So? No need to be too obsessed with these "labels" or percentage.

[ 本帖最後由 Darth 於 10-9-20 14:41 編輯 ]

7#
發表於 10-9-20 16:23 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

8#
發表於 10-9-20 16:38 |只看該作者
I noticed that there are many messages regarding the admission of ESF primary schools. Nevertheless the messages for RC is much fewer. Does anyone know why? I believe many family do not care about the extra of about HK$20,000 school fee.

Does it mean that parents prefer ESF and not RC? If yes, why? Admission standard, academic standard or other reasons. Please share. Thank you.

It's only natural that the mass finds what is designed for the mass appealing. Not following the mass is, after all, an acquired taste.

9#
發表於 10-9-20 16:39 |只看該作者
原帖由 Y2KChild 於 10-9-20 16:23 發表
Unlike DSS, PIS has no annual subsidy received from HK Government. Besides, the percentage of local students should be at least 70% but not 50%. ISF, RC and DC are classified as PIS by EB.

Anybody cares about EB? (I see quite a few raising their hands.)

10#
發表於 10-9-20 17:56 |只看該作者

11#
發表於 10-9-20 22:22 |只看該作者
Glory to those glorified by EB with the holy "International School" title; shame to those given a different name.  A rose is a rose is not a rose.

12#
發表於 10-9-20 23:21 |只看該作者

回復 1# iamfine 的帖子

13#
發表於 10-9-20 23:32 |只看該作者
Under the ESF big umbrella, should the standard of RC as good as the "norm" of other ESF primary school? Sometimes short history doesn't mean poor quality and in fact opposite can happen. Can some moms share their thoughts? Thanks.

14#
發表於 10-9-21 09:31 |只看該作者
RC and DC are not subsidised by the government but they are only $11K more expensive per year than ESF schools. Does the government only subsidise the ESF schools $11K per year per student? This is something I don't understand. It's possible that ESF schools have more funds for operations than the independent ones, which is quite important to seccure the education standards.

Another thing I heard is that the teacher turnover rate of RC and DC is quite high. Teachers are the most important asset of a school, if you don't have good offer, you can't hire and keep experience teachers.

New schools have fancy new resources but also disadvantages, they need sometime to build up and improve the school system. My impression from the recent experience with DC is that the staff are not very professional as yet. Don't know much about RC.

15#
發表於 10-9-21 11:12 |只看該作者
I am a RC parent and my kid just started school for one month.  We are very satisifed and happy with the school so far.  Agree with Aerosol_Ma that "Sometimes short history doesn't mean poor quality and in fact opposite can happen.", in fact we found the whole school, from supporting staff to the principal are all eager to do the best.   Also, the teachers are very hard working and with "heart" and we are really impressed.

16#
發表於 10-9-21 12:32 |只看該作者
原帖由 myjasmine 於 10-9-21 11:12 發表
I am a RC parent and my kid just started school for one month.  We are very satisifed and happy with the school so far.  Agree with Aerosol_Ma that "Sometimes short history doesn't mean poor quality a ...

Some local parents prefer ESF to RC because of the high percentage of local Hong Kong Chinese.

17#
發表於 10-9-21 13:02 |只看該作者

回復 2# myjasmine 的帖子

18#
發表於 10-9-21 18:23 |只看該作者
The academic issue should be best commented by those RC parents. I am still considering sending the application form to RC but worrying about the teaching quality.

19#
發表於 10-9-21 21:26 |只看該作者

20#
發表於 10-9-21 22:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 Y2KChild 於 10-9-21 21:26 發表
Of course not. The academic issue should be best reflected from public exam results if any. Otherwise, it  is better to be commented by an independent and impartial third party with good knowledge on  ...

curious to know how could u compare amongst schools providing PYP. all esf primary are also running PYP. which is good and which is no good? where to find an independent third party? in BK??
‹ 上一主題|下一主題