go

聖保羅書院家長交流區   [複製鏈接]

141#
發表於 10-9-22 16:30 |只看該作者

聖保羅書院成績

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

142#
發表於 10-9-22 17:39 |只看該作者
I am sorry that I don't have any result for St. Paul.   Last time I asked howgarts to check to pm is about some other issues but not the HKCEE result.   

原帖由 daisysyc 於 10-9-22 16:30 發表
fatymama

Could PM for me of the result for St. Paul.
Thank You.

143#
發表於 10-9-24 14:12 |只看該作者

回覆 139# leeamy 的文章

中秋假期中阅读了 8A1B 同学的感想,再加上从囝囝口中知道的激烈 SA 選举过程,禁不住要多講兩句。

SPC 08-09 年度的公开试成绩最为滑落,但也有学生進入医科,並且不是死读书之一辈,在校時是 Scouts Leader,入了大学还常常在周末回校做 trainer。 有時会不禁嘆一句;為何人家孩子如此英武。

或许這正是 SPC 还有的一些優势所在,All Round Development 总不应理解为 "综合",但如果自己個学生读了幾年都把 all round development 理解成"综合",学校也要檢討一下。不过早幾個月,我聽过一個港大医科教授話要班 med school students 做义工,要放眼世界不止光懂死读书云云;真個要求多多。

說多句 SA 選举,今年竟有三個内阁爭 SA 話事權去为人民服务,這比許多大学有出色多了!

144#
發表於 10-9-24 15:00 |只看該作者
囝囝病咗兩日(聽聞佢地個班星期一已經有幾個同學病咗冇返學啦!),今日先返學,所以錯過了SA選舉添,真可惜!我讚成多D同學參加SA選舉,有勁爭先有進步,最重要係佢地向整個過程當中可以學到書本上學唔到嘅野。

145#
發表於 10-9-25 21:49 |只看該作者

Reply to namanyi

Dear namanyi,

Due to some tech problems, I cannot use my pm system.   Regarding Chinese History, the quiz seldom asked about 年号 in last year.  The quiz questions were more about the flow, events and individual's impact in History.

The boys would need to spend sometime in not only memorizing facts but also be able to write some analytical materials.

146#
發表於 10-9-25 22:56 |只看該作者
howgarts,

I remember that your son joins the Scouts, did he go to Tai Tam today ? It seems the Scouts' activities do occupy every Sat weekends (according to the activity timetable).  Does yr son join the Choir as  well?  I don't know if my son can manage both as they require practice and strict participation.
Nearly a month passed, yet, our Chinese teacher hasn't finished even one chapter.  Did the syllabus last year cover very few chapters ?

147#
發表於 10-9-25 23:35 |只看該作者
fatymama,

Yes, my boy has been in Tai Tam and apart from spending every saturday in scouting, he also finds good brotherhood.  He was in Choir back in P1 & P2.  Although he was selected by the choir last year, he did not join the choir, he preferred sport team to music team.  

Your son is in 1B, isn't he?  Mr. Ho is the most famous Chinese teacher and he is an old boy as well.  He has his very own way to teach chinese, e.g. teaching chinese calligraphy in the first few weeks, rather than covering chapters.  Do make sense to me, calligraphy is one of the means to make you understand and love Chinese.  Some may not be getting along very well with his style but my son has learnt to respect him at the end of the school year.  

When quiz & exam come, he will define the exam area well.  Ah, you can find him in the badminton clip as he is the badminton team lead-teacher.  A tough guy.

[ 本帖最後由 hogwarts 於 10-9-26 09:20 編輯 ]

148#
發表於 10-9-26 09:57 |只看該作者
hogwarts
多謝你的回覆.咁温西史科又怎樣呢?年份需要記嗎?(因我pm你是問西史科的)

149#
發表於 10-9-26 10:41 |只看該作者
Ah, sorry, yes for history.

150#
發表於 10-9-26 14:57 |只看該作者
hogwarts
Thanks a lot!

151#
發表於 10-9-26 17:37 |只看該作者
25 Sept Scouts Tai Tam Outing Photos

http://photo.10thhkg.org/?mode=a ... roop+Outing+Tai+Tam

152#
發表於 10-9-27 07:30 |只看該作者
howgarts,
thks so much for sharing.  My son, when he was back on that day, mentioned nothing except their group lost 4 nails.
BTW, why there was still no news about the different ECA information ? When will they start?  You know, our F.1 English lesson is divided into three groups and I found some group has tighter schedule while our son's group is very loose.  I am afraid he will be 退步 。:(

原帖由 hogwarts 於 10-9-26 17:37 發表
25 Sept Scouts Tai Tam Outing Photos

http://photo.10thhkg.org/?mode=album&album=2010-2011%2F02+Scout+Troop+Outing%2F20100925+Troop+Outing+Tai+Tam

153#
發表於 10-9-29 00:03 |只看該作者
原帖由 yeahyeahyeah 於 10-9-20 21:56 發表
學校真係好多活動可以參加,我都怕太多活動會影响學業,
暫時都係同阿仔維持住外面嘅一體一樂器,
加學校樂團。
你哋囝囝多唔多活動呀?

Don't worry, let him try out something he likes. During the first two years, if his results are good (I mean as least he can keep up with his ranking compare to the year before), then let him do a bit more.
When it is F3, they will have at least three more subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and the workload will be more.

My son is in F4 now, he is a Senior Scout Leader. He is in school orchestra, he is a swim team member, he is also a libraian, and internal-secretary for Drama club, do math tutoring for a classmate. And last of all he can still manage his homework and tests. He can do so much because he gets used to the busy schedule starting from day one.

154#
發表於 10-9-29 07:20 |只看該作者
leeamy,

He plays cello, doesn't he?

Thank you for his guidance to my boy along the way.  They played tennis together for 4 hrs after the swimming heat.

hogwarts

155#
發表於 10-9-30 10:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 hogwarts 於 10-9-29 07:20 發表
leeamy,

He plays cello, doesn't he?

Thank you for his guidance to my boy along the way.  They played tennis together for 4 hrs after the swimming heat.

hogwarts

hogwarts,

Yes, he plays cello, and he is in the orchestra. So your boy is in F2 this year?

156#
發表於 10-9-30 17:51 |只看該作者
leeamy,

Yes, he is in F2 and l hope he could learn the leadership-skill from your son.

I also believe that busy schedule is good for young boys.

hogwarts

157#
發表於 10-9-30 18:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 hogwarts 於 10-9-30 17:51 發表
leeamy,

Yes, he is in F2 and l hope he could learn the leadership-skill from your son.

I also believe that busy schedule is good for young boys.

hogwarts

Hogwarts,

My son told me about your son, he is the 最乖的童軍 in his team last year. My son likes your son a lot, I think my son will tell him whatever he knows, what to do, what not to do.

By the way, I think your son is the APL this year, right? This year the workload in scout is still ok. If your son is to be promoted to a Patrol leader next year, the workload just for scout will be a lot more. But mind you, he will be learning skills like planning activities for every camp they are going to have,  organizing activities and leading the members. My son, last year when he was the Lion patrol leader, he spent every Friday afternoon to teach his members about the compass, the map, the knots, etc. After evey camp, the leader has to write up the log, and tell what he thinks about the activities, ie, if everything is right within the schedule, if not, why and how to improve next time. That's what my boy did last year.

This year, he is a lot more busy. In the month of September, just for Scout, because it is time for recruiting, so as a Senior Patrol Leaders my boy was always on the phone for promoting scouting activites, and planning what they have to do. But I was told that afterwards, he will not be as busy as before, and can be a lot more 'hea' than the leaders. Now he is learning how to do admin jobs, counting attendance, plotting graphs. It is OK for me, as I said before, as long as he can manage, he can continue to do what he is doing.

158#
發表於 10-10-1 10:46 |只看該作者
leeamy,

謝謝獅兄的传帶与誇奬,第十旅对不少的 SPC 孩子都刻下不可磨滅的烙印,承传也許就是给孩子最好的礼物。

現在他多了一点责任,的确忙多一些;正因为一个"忙"字,都有叫囝囝要多从獅兄身上学习时间管理,先在這裡道一句多謝了。

hogwarts

159#
發表於 10-10-1 17:28 |只看該作者
leeamy or howgarts,

My son joins the Scout and he is informed that they need to take the entrance exam or will be rejected if failed.  Is the entrance exam difficult to pass  and what special things he needs to know ?
I would be grateful if your sons could give me some hints ?  Tks in advance.

fatymama

160#
發表於 10-10-1 18:34 |只看該作者
fatymama,

No need to worry too much, it was mainly about the scout mission.  I have not heard of anyone failing that simple test.  The group also runs teaching session to prepare the boys for the test.

One key element of scouting is the training scheme and this means more testing and challenges ahead.  The swimmer badge, which is a must for the 10th because they will have water sport activities, in my view, is harder.  

Anyway, this is why scouting can be qualified as OLE, 而且是,引用国内用語;为"高含金量"的 OLE.  As parent, some of the time, we can sit back a little bit and relax.

You can find more about Scout Training and the exam materials from the link below:

http://www.scout.org.hk/supplement/eng/training_scheme/EN_ScoutTrainingScheme_2009APR.pdf
hogwarts

[ 本帖最後由 hogwarts 於 10-10-2 07:52 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
你需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊