搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 國際學校 vs 本地學校
樓主: mikeivybb
go

國際學校 vs 本地學校 [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 11-7-4 12:46 |只看該作者

回復 9# Cytine 的帖子

If your target is ESF primary school, the chance is very rare (since your kid is in Cat. 2).
You could try RC or DC which offer more places to HK people.

42#
發表於 11-7-5 13:41 |只看該作者
Iseult

Would you please pm me also, thanks?

43#
發表於 11-7-6 13:56 |只看該作者
Iseult,

Pls PM your info. to me too.

Many thanks!

44#
發表於 11-7-16 16:03 |只看該作者
i plan to send my kid to an ESF school too.

i'm a teacher working in a local secondary school. i've got the bench mark exam passed with the certificate of merit. i can prove that even english teachers can't manage grammar properly and some of them are even afraid of speaking in english.  

the more you understand the local education system, the less you want your kid to study in a local school.

45#
發表於 11-7-18 13:22 |只看該作者
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum.

My girl is now 10 months and am planning to put her in IS.  Apart from ESF and Canadian International, which kindergartens are good stepping stone for IS?

1. Tutor Time
2. Anfield
3. Woodland
4. PIPS

Many thanks.  I am really anxious about this.

46#
發表於 11-8-25 22:22 |只看該作者
Hi!
Thank you all of your sharing and your opinions are great!
My husband and I had a lot of struggle in choosing LS / IS (if we can choose) because to give up a familiar system (which is ever-changing in an, oops, not a very good direction) to a brand new system is a very hard decision.
But, fluent English skill is a must for foreseeable decades together with Mandarin, and most importantly, we hope our daughter's basic mindset would be as logical and just as international point of view.
That's what we have and yet to do for her:
My gal is 6-months old several days later
1. A whole set of Disney World of English is at home and is used when my girl is attentive enough
2. We use Cantonese as mother-tongue (this is a must to us) but would let her expose as much English media in spare time.
3. We've applied Woodland toddler course for her to see if she and us can fit to the environment.
4. The rest of time would be saved to teaching her basic life skills and manner, saving money for school fees, and checking dates for pre-school interviews (if woodland is not suitable for her, or thinking outside ESF schools to other IS)
Feedbacks welcomed!
原帖由 iamworkingmama 於 11-7-18 13:22 發表
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum.

My girl is now 10 months and am planning to put her in IS.  Apart from ESF and Canadian International, which kindergartens are good stepping stone for IS?

1. ...

47#
發表於 11-8-26 11:56 |只看該作者
我同你們一樣有爭扎, 我HOLD左位在LOCAL SCHOOL, 又HOLD左位在INT'L SCHOOL,FINALLY, 我選了INT'L SCHOOL,也是同樣原因,想仔仔英文好同埋不同死背書,好多功課同考試!

48#
發表於 11-8-29 13:37 |只看該作者
agree.我D朋友教中學的,個個都唔俾小朋友讀LOCAL SCHOOL,除非錢負擔唔到.因為學校為了爭取收生,做埋D野根本同教學無關,又做好多宣傳工作,又做社區活動等,全部都係老師做,咁老師邊有時間備課同照顧小朋友?D學校越做得多大龍鳳的越唔好,因為學校根本所有ADMIN野都是老師做的,我朋友話連編排校工當值,買洗手槻液,安排訂書買校服,訂飯盒,籌款等等,全部由老師跟,我好懷疑老師仲有幾多時間做教學工作囉!講到尾又係政府CUT資源,搞到LOCAL學校變晒質.我地做家長的都好無奈.

49#
發表於 11-9-1 18:43 |只看該作者
I am new to this forum.  I have sent my kid to IS for PG1 (he finished his K2 in a biliingual kindergarten).  He is a well disciplined boy and can concentrates well in class.  Every friend of mine is questioning why I sent him to IS as he could be quite successful in top local schools.  They said I am wasting his talents.  All of them advise me to let him try LS like SPCCPS, DBS etc.
I am now struggling. I chose IS with similar reasons as most of you but not sure whether I have made the right decision.
Moreover, I think many local parents have a concept that only those kids who cannot succeed in LS should consider IS.  It's quite unfair to IS students!

50#
發表於 11-9-1 20:52 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

51#
發表於 11-9-2 01:35 |只看該作者
Haha, Shoeshine, I like what you said

52#
發表於 11-9-2 12:01 |只看該作者
I'm new to this forum and I feel the same dilemma of all the parents here.

My son is studying in K1 in an English kindergarten, and I'm seriously considering sending him to IS either at Grade 1 or Grade 7.
However, I'm worried that I'll jeopardize his chance of learning Chinese.
My friend, whose daughter's studying at ESF K2, told me that they only have one hour of Mandarin section.
Is there any IS that can offer a better Chinese/Mandarin cirriculum?
Our problem is that we are living in N.T. and our chance to move is very slim.

53#
發表於 11-9-2 14:35 |只看該作者
Is there any IS that can offer a better Chinese/Mandarin cirriculum? - KCIS / CIS

54#
發表於 11-9-2 18:16 |只看該作者
As well as SIS and Kingston IS.
原帖由 Yau_Cheung 於 11-9-2 14:35 發表
Is there any IS that can offer a better Chinese/Mandarin cirriculum? - KCIS / CIS

55#
發表於 11-9-3 09:32 |只看該作者
HI luplup,

Agree with you. IS is not for the worst student who study in LS. Actually, a well IS is very difficult to entry, need waiting with a long list, hard interview, then pass to IS.

Hey, my son just go to IS(KCIS) these 2 days, he said he like KCIS more then LS(Funful). I think my decision is right !

56#
發表於 11-9-23 15:36 |只看該作者
Same as u, i have also recently sent my kid to KCIS.  He is studying KG pm.  During the last year when i was along the waiting list, i have been spending effort to read the relevant materials about the learning mode at IS.  I kept thinking seriously about whether i should accept the place when i get the offer.

I have several friends working as teachers.  They taught in band-one secondary schools.  What have surprised me is that they unamiously recommend me to go for IS if i can financially make it.  They keep on explaining to me how the LS has deteriorated these years, both academically and administratively.  

As to my own observation, the government's recent educational reform has cause me more disappointment.  I have no confidence to the 334 system, particularly the curriculum of "General Knowledge".

When i was still deliberating between IS and LS, the government's announcement to promote the "National Studies" curriculum has prompted my decision to go for IS.  Personally i go against a subject which is designed to indoctrinate the kids without the chance of an objective and critical way of thinking !  The effect to his whole life must be devastating.

I do feel sorry for the educational reform of HK.  IS is probably a way out amid the current educational atmosphere.

原帖由 elsiewky 於 11-9-3 09:32 發表
HI luplup,

Agree with you. IS is not for the worst student who study in LS. Actually, a well IS is very difficult to entry, need waiting with a long list, hard interview, then pass to IS.

Hey, my  ...

57#
發表於 11-9-23 18:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 MewB 於 11-9-23 15:36 發表
Same as u, i have also recently sent my kid to KCIS.  He is studying KG pm.  During the last year when i was along the waiting list, i have been spending effort to read the relevant materials about th ...

我唔讚同你們揀IS

我就是孩子讀IS,  才已過來人身份說。   如果家庭非有外國護照,  不要揀IS,  原因
1)  出國讀大學, 非常昂貴
2)  真正IS有許多外國人, 單在香港生活很難了溶入人家的話題 (就是這樣, 香港家長很少與外國家長接觸, 或覺得IS學科不及香港這樣那樣)
3) 如果孩子真喜歡IS那套,  又不能讓他在外國生活、有點可惜

講真,約孩子在香港落地生根,始終都是溶入香港制度好。 做個香港人!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題