搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 BoxHill K1 2010
樓主: 跳跳B
go

BoxHill K1 2010 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-4-24 14:51 |只看該作者
其實,其他媽咪所講的傳統幼稚園是指哪一類?
如果係政府資助的,我問過啲老師,一定係一星期得一堂英文同普通話。仲有係唔可以有功課做的!
點解有啲媽咪話出面好多本地學校日日都有英文堂?

22#
發表於 10-4-25 13:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 skmibb 於 10-4-24 14:51 發表
其實,其他媽咪所講的傳統幼稚園是指哪一類?
點解有啲媽咪話出面好多本地學校日日都有英文堂? ...

唔要學卷果D傳統幼稚園咪係囉.....

23#
發表於 10-4-25 15:20 |只看該作者
唔係喎...又一村學校有學劵都每日有英文堂...一D冇學劵既私校就更加多英文堂時間啦, e.g. 學之園, st nicholas 呢d 都係中, 英文各一半喎~

原帖由 skmibb 於 10-4-24 14:51 發表
其實,其他媽咪所講的傳統幼稚園是指哪一類?
點解有啲媽咪話出面好多本地學校日日都有英文堂? ...
當你見到天上星星,可有想起哥哥...

24#
發表於 10-4-25 15:38 |只看該作者
我都覺得有點亂呀!
不過,我已揀了國際幼稚園了!我仍然相信由小接觸多一點英文對小朋友的英文會好一點。
至於將來讀小學的時候,英文不用追得太辛苦。

25#
發表於 10-4-26 17:39 |只看該作者
I think I will pay for that $3000 even though I did not make up my mind right now.....it's quite difficult to give up this school....

For a working mother like you and me, I think it's quite difficult to teach them Chinese 'systematically'.  In fact, I have only 1.5 hours taking care of my baby after work during weekdays as he sleeps early.  For weekends, most of the time we go out to enjoy the sun and play.  How can I teach him like that in kinders? so hard!

原帖由 SiuKo 於 10-4-23 22:31 發表
Hi ChunChan ma,

It's me. It's time to make the decision lar...  I am still 15/16.  There is no misc. expense for N class, but will be around $300 for K1 to K3 (as read from the website), so, I think  ...

26#
發表於 10-4-26 19:09 |只看該作者
中文也不用太有系統去教吧!因為我地嘅BB嘅母語係中文。只要多啲同佢地講故事,看圖書的話,應該可以的。

27#
發表於 10-4-26 20:56 |只看該作者
我同意你既講法,你決定讀邊間國際幼稚園???我末決定可否分享下.
原帖由 skmibb 於 10-4-25 15:38 發表
我都覺得有點亂呀!
不過,我已揀了國際幼稚園了!我仍然相信由小接觸多一點英文對小朋友的英文會好一點。
至於將來讀小學的時候,英文不用追得太辛苦。 ...

28#
發表於 10-4-26 21:33 |只看該作者
Hi Chloemun,

Boxhill PN 每班幾多人呀?

原帖由 Chloemum123 於 10-4-24 00:48 發表

My girl is studying N1 at FoTan boxhill, just received the 'song book' today, I found the chinese words of 'PTH' songs are quited complicated, such as '螞蟻搬家' '懶惰蟲', it will be great if my gi ...

29#
發表於 10-4-26 23:20 |只看該作者
原帖由 calbee6 於 10-4-26 21:33 發表
Hi Chloemun,

Boxhill PN 每班幾多人呀?

Hi Calbee6,

現在是18/9個; 之前問校長,一般是24人一班,一個班主任+2個助教駐班房, 另有廣東話老師及普通話老師

30#
發表於 10-4-27 13:09 |只看該作者
pollybell:
我揀的真的是全英語的幼稚園,每日就一堂廣東話、一堂普通話。英文老師一定係外國人,普通話老師的母語一定係普通話。

31#
發表於 10-4-27 13:51 |只看該作者
有冇家長已經決定比小朋友係 boxhill 讀 k1呢? 我仲係 15/16~
當你見到天上星星,可有想起哥哥...

32#
發表於 10-4-28 09:03 |只看該作者
My daughters are pm class, as I know, pm class is more for small b, and the no. of children is less than am class.  Their class has about 23 kids, with 3 teachers, two are native En speakers, one is Cantonese, one of the native En speaker is their class master, my daughters love her very very much as when they play "go to school" at home, they will always call her name, even when we read story book which is about "school" or similar topic, they will point to the "teacher" and call her name.

That is why I am so difficult to make a decision.

Also, I got a problem on how to take care of them after class.  I didn't realise a "full time" KG should be better for my situation at the beginning and therefore I didn't apply any such KG. As I missed this chance, I am wondering to let them attend both am and pm KGs.

I know others may say I am crazy, but, i am not comfortable to let my maid to take care of them in the whole afternoon until I am back... and neither let her to take them to other classes outside the estate I lived.  I am doubt on whether she is able to look after two "naught kids".

原帖由 calbee6 於 10-4-26 21:33 發表
Hi Chloemun,

Boxhill PN 每班幾多人呀?

33#
發表於 10-4-28 11:31 |只看該作者
Hello Onchai and all mummies,

My daughter is stuying at Boxhill Ma On shan campus AM class for nursery. Mydaughter love the school and the teacher. After quite a bit of stuggles, we decided to put her in boxhill beoz of the following reasons:
a) there will be 3 classes of K1 only. compare wit big school like St Cat or KV, boxhill is small.however, we've got more attentions and care from teaher. right now, her class master wil write me note for things she see in the class. If I get question or concern, the teacher will write back within few days, I spoke to kids in other school, you can't really get ths kind of attention.
b) the tution is expensive (they will bump upto 41XX next ear) but it has alread included books/snacks/crafts etc. Boxhill make their own teaching marterial, every Friday, the kids will bring back their book, I have pretty good idea what she is learning.
c) on Englih side, they offer phonics class. so I no longer need to bring her to learn outside.
d) of course, I do worry about the Chinese side. I know some parents will bring their kids to attend Chinese KG in the afternoon. in my case, I decided to bring her to Chinese writing class to compensate that side. also, my family do speak Chinese at home, I don't think it's hard for her to learn as long as she is in HK.
e) besides ESF and 直資,I do see kids go to loca schools like 主風,沙官. so I'm not too worry about that sid.
f) lastly, boxhill is relatively more open/'loose' in term of discipline. I think this is something I will need to focus or put the efforts to enforce it at home.

hope it helps.

原帖由 onchai 於 10-4-27 13:51 發表
有冇家長已經決定比小朋友係 boxhill 讀 k1呢? 我仲係 15/16~

34#
發表於 10-4-28 11:45 |只看該作者
原帖由 Karen2009 於 10-4-24 00:02 發表

傳統既小學校都真係好多功課同測驗, 其實係決定讀邊間幼稚園時, 我都係 15/16 但好彩我身邊有好多朋友都同我分享佢地既經驗, 所以係多方面考慮之后, 我先決定放棄 BOX HILL 而選傳統幼稚園, 我始終想我小朋友由幼 ...

Karen2009,

多謝你地既分享。我都好担心緊選幼稚園的問題。
你地各有各既意見真係好有用。
真的,毎個父母既期望都吾同...所以大家的選択都有不同的意見。
● 知足常樂 ☆ 一家和樂 ●

35#
發表於 10-4-28 16:24 |只看該作者
thx for ur reply & info! actually boxhill gave me a very good impression, and it was highly recommended by my colleague, whose son had studied in their ma on shan N class before.  

my concern is their relatively small campus and environment (located inside metro town in TKO), as well as the limited teaching of Chinese (as i'm not planning to send my kid to interntional primary)... so still 15/16...

原帖由 yuenru 於 10-4-28 11:31 發表
Hello Onchai and all mummies,

My daughter is stuying at Boxhill Ma On shan campus AM class for nursery. Mydaughter love the school and the teacher. After quite a bit of stuggles, we decided to put h ...
當你見到天上星星,可有想起哥哥...

36#
發表於 10-4-30 12:02 |只看該作者
Dear All,

Hellow!

My son has been offered a am PN in Tutor Time and pm PN in Boxhill MOS.

My expectation of kindergarten are 1. safe, clean , tidy environment; 2. reasonable and sensible teachers and staff.  I don't mind if they can tell my son's name straight away, as I can't remember all of my clients name as well.  3. english environment and teach some mandarin.  4. he can get in a international school, RC is preferred

I don't think a kid should learn too much academic stuff at this stage.

We have attended the PG of both schools as well.  My comment is the syllabus are similar and there are staff in TT.  Of course, the tutition fee of TT is much more expensive ( 7k vs 3.5 k for PN).  However, I don't understand why BH always open just few mins before the class, so the 9 am class always 10 mins late.

On the other hand, am class is extremely important for us in view of caring issue.

Which one would u choose (TT am vs. BH pm PN)?

Thanks

37#
發表於 10-4-30 12:10 |只看該作者
sorry, I miss a word

"there are more staff in TT"

38#
發表於 10-4-30 14:19 |只看該作者
treebearma,

Just a few comments you can consider between TT vs BoxHill
a) what is the commute time for your kids from home to these schools? for me, since my daughter is in boxhill nursery, I think she is too small to a long commute. also, you also need to consider the care taker when picking the kid from school incase of no school bus.
b) Boxhill is in MOS verus TT is in kowloon tong, if you aid for Kowloon tong in the future, then you might consider TT.
原帖由 treebearma 於 10-4-30 12:02 發表
Dear All,

Hellow!

My son has been offered a am PN in Tutor Time and pm PN in Boxhill MOS.

My expectation of kindergarten are 1. safe, clean , tidy environment; 2. reasonable and sensible teachers  ...

39#
發表於 10-4-30 14:19 |只看該作者
by the way, if you are being offered in PM class, then you can write letter to school to request to switch to Am.

原帖由 treebearma 於 10-4-30 12:10 發表
sorry, I miss a word

"there are more staff in TT"

40#
發表於 10-4-30 15:34 |只看該作者
Did you pay the school fee for the next year ? I will pay for it today.

I also explored your idea which lets your kids to attend both am and pm classes before and have put it aside already.

Firstly, I think their afternoon nap time is still very important at this age.  As one of friend reminded me before : 唔係佢地唔瞓晏覺,而係啲大人冇比機會佢地瞓....

Secondly, as one of the schools does not locate nearly to your home, transportation is another issue to be concerned.

last but the most important issue is the lunch arrangement.  For me, my boy is not a good food taker.  How can we arrange the lunch + transportation within such a short time, i.e. 1 hour or 1.5 hours the most.

原帖由 SiuKo 於 10-4-28 09:03 發表
My daughters are pm class, as I know, pm class is more for small b, and the no. of children is less than am class.  Their class has about 23 kids, with 3 teachers, two are native En speakers, one is C ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題