搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 美國中學生活體驗
樓主: luima
go

美國中學生活體驗 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-5-10 12:18 |只看該作者
Hi Ivyscyip,

Happy Mother's Day and many thanks for your information.

因為完全唔知道美國學校d資料, 而且又無人可以問,所以為了移民後亞囡讀書的事十分煩惱!!我好驚自己盲沖沖亂搵,最終搵到害到亞囡呀!

如果我想比亞囡讀一d好d既 private school 或者 boarding school 會唔會好難入,在香港考定 SSAT & TOFEL 會有幫助嗎?請指教,謝謝!

原帖由 ivyscyip 於 10-5-5 13:03 發表
Stuyvesant HS is a great school.  However, it is a gifted public school.  Entrance exams must be taken.  Competition is very keen for a spot in the school.  it will also be a bit far if you live in Br ...

22#
發表於 10-5-14 23:53 |只看該作者
Dear myip1995,

U can check out the following websites to get some ideas on the private and boarding schools in US:

www.boardingschoolreview.com
www.petersons.com

U can also visit www.iiehongkong.org/ (Institute of International Education), they organize US boarding school fair every November in Hong Kong.

Enrolling in SSAT and Toefl tests is necessary. Each school's requirement is different -- some require SSAT, some Toefl, some both. Check with the school's website. My daughter took both.

原帖由 myip1995 於 10-5-10 12:18 發表
Hi Ivyscyip,

Happy Mother's Day and many thanks for your information.

因為完全唔知道美國學校d資料, 而且又無人可以問,所以為了移民後亞囡讀書的事十分煩惱!!我好驚自己盲沖沖亂搵,最終搵到害到亞囡呀!

如果我想比 ...

23#
發表於 10-5-15 15:38 |只看該作者

SAT Summer Course

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

24#
發表於 10-6-17 16:26 |只看該作者
HI,

我女兒都是今天去US, 10. 您用哪機構,去哪裡

25#
發表於 10-6-17 16:30 |只看該作者
CHRISTIAN LIFE SCHOOLS 在ROCKFORD 在TOP 100 有沒有份,謝

26#
發表於 10-6-24 17:50 |只看該作者
My son will have a plan for oversea study too. However before that, I am now arranging a SUMMER SCHOOL for him. I hope he can adapt and learn something. With the purpose of learning "dance" in UK, I believe my son would adapt life there easily as it is what he wants.

27#
發表於 10-6-24 17:51 |只看該作者
you can visit www.summerschool.com.hk

28#
發表於 10-9-11 19:37 |只看該作者
Dear hhsieh,

To answer your query u can browse through the responses in this topic. Basically the criteria I used for selecting schools for my daughter are:
1/
Single-sex school
(less distraction)

2/
Good SAT performance (> 1800), I know many parents will look for those high schools which have >2000 SAT performance, but we are not that ambitious

3/
East coast
(better study enviornment)

4/
Campus size
(more space for ETC)

5/  Acceptance rate
6/  % of boarding students vs day students
7/  Endowment size

Actually u can go to www.boardingschoolreview.com and there are many schools available for comparison.

Each school has its own set of application form, but they are pretty similar. By applying through SSAT Common Application, you can use its standard form of application which is acceptable by most schools. In that case you don't need to fill in so many sets of application forms, and your current school only needs to send recommendations and transcripts to SSAT and they will help u to distribute. SSAT will also send your SSAT results to those schools you apply.

However I'm not sure whether u can use SSAT Common Application if u did not take SSAT. U can visit www.ssat.org and have a look.

29#
發表於 10-10-17 19:05 |只看該作者
Sorry, wrong post.

[ 本帖最後由 acdad 於 10-10-17 19:49 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題