用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 St. Clares & Kau Yan? Which one is better?
發新帖
查看: 826|回覆: 9
go

St. Clares & Kau Yan? Which one is better? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-11-10 15:28 |只看該作者

St. Clares & Kau Yan? Which one is better?

same

2#
發表於 04-11-10 15:40 |只看該作者

Re: St. Clares & Kau Yan? Which one is better?

I think St. Clare's is much better in terms of reputation, history, academic results, secondary promotion  and  extra-cirricular activities.

3#
發表於 04-11-10 15:52 |只看該作者

Thanks.  But my feeling is when I walk around Kau Yan's school (modern, clean and nice teachers) but St. Clares (old, old and old and no chance to walk around their school).  So too many questions marks about St. Clares.

4#
發表於 04-11-10 20:29 |只看該作者

St. Clares is much better than Kau Yan.  The girls there are well-disciplined.  They study English Maths in P.5.  The English standard is competitively higher than those Chinese subsidized schools.  The graduates have no language adjustment problem when they promote to EMI secondary schools.  About 70% of SC graduates can go to its secondary school.
***A good school cannot only be judged by its school campus.  The quality of teachers (in terms of academic performance, professional conduct & concern for the students), the curriculum and school culture are the key factors for the success of a school.
我們怕孩子的人生路途滿佈荊棘,與其為孩子在路上舖一層地毯,不如在孩子的腳上穿上一雙鞋。

5#
發表於 04-11-10 21:13 |只看該作者

mrsphcheung

I agree that a school cannot be judged by its school campus.  Unless you have bad experiences of Kau Yan, a conclusion cannot really be drawn that it is a lesser school when compared to St Clare's by just using P5 English Maths, higher English Standards etc as yardsticks.

I have heard good positive comments about Kau Yan.  Yes, its major drawback is the lack of a good secondary school but if the students are happy, enjoy being in the school everyday, I think Kau Yan has achieved its objective of educating good Christian children who enjoy going to school.

I always feel that Kau Yan is 1 of those under-rated primary schools and deserves a better exposure than it currently has.

6#
發表於 04-11-10 23:04 |只看該作者

St clares has recently get a prize in teaching conducted by ED - seems its vice-principal is very good in teaching English.

7#
發表於 04-11-11 07:21 |只看該作者

兩間都有朋友個細路係度讀,兩個細路都讀得開心,聖嘉勒有中學就好似唔駛點煩,不過救恩派位都唔錯,但我會選聖嘉勒

8#
發表於 04-11-11 09:54 |只看該作者

Sindy

But your son won't be able to get to St Clare's ah.....       

How's your girl enjoying P1?  

9#
發表於 04-11-11 11:08 |只看該作者

My daughter was admitted by St Clare for 2005 P.1 few weeks ago.  I have paid the registration fee ($550) for her.

I understand that the school will change to Full-Day school next year.  The school fee will be less than $2,500/month.  It is the fact that the school premise is old and there is no loading area for school buses.   However,  I have registered at St Clare because the school is quite OK and it do not request us to give up the "lucky draw" (discretionary placement & the final placement).   

Check it up for the case of Kau Yan!

Charmaine

10#
發表於 04-11-11 13:03 |只看該作者

救恩也不需要放棄lucky draw
‹ 上一主題|下一主題