搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 蘇浙 / 嶺南 - 你會讀邊間?
樓主: sh_yip
go

蘇浙 / 嶺南 - 你會讀邊間? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-4-16 13:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-16 12:14 發表

HI Sorb, I agree with your decision logic.  We are leaning towards Victoria as I know the girls already enjoy their PG there and they will continue to enjoy PN and KG.  We'll apply to other KG next  ...

twinsmummy...if I were you, I would take the same decisions as Sorb !

BTW, you mentioned your girls are now taking classes at Le Beaumont, how was it? Was it a playgroup style?

22#
發表於 10-4-16 14:41 |只看該作者
原帖由 Twinboys08 於 10-4-16 13:49 發表

twinsmummy...if I were you, I would take the same decisions as Sorb !

BTW, you mentioned your girls are now taking classes at Le Beaumont, how was it? Was it a playgroup style?

Yes, thanks for your vote!  I think we'll prob go for Victoria.  Not decided yet.  
The girls are at Le Beaumont.  They really like Ms Cai.  It's like a playgroup so they do some dancing, then some games on a specific topic, then they will all help to lay and clean the table for snacks.  During snacks, the teacher will get each kid to count to 10.  (a bit boring but I guess useful).  So in the last 6weeks, they had topics of Insects, Happy/sad and now vehicles.  We took the class on another day with a different teacher.  Helpers said not so good so I think quite teacher dependent once again.

23#
發表於 10-4-16 15:09 |只看該作者
SIS, I have no idea as I do not plan to put my girl to international school.   I prefer to let her have a stronger foundation with Chinese in local school first and send her overseas when she is in secondary school, say after F5.

原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-16 12:14 發表

HI Sorb, I agree with your decision logic.  We are leaning towards Victoria as I know the girls already enjoy their PG there and they will continue to enjoy PN and KG.  We'll apply to other KG next  ...

24#
發表於 10-4-17 00:43 |只看該作者
原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-15 00:44 發表

Hahaha, we had a strange experience with the NET at So Jit interview too.  She was so unprepared, we sat there for at least 5 min watching her read her "cheat sheet".  Then the first question she a ...

The NET there is really 'ng dim'!! U know, she asked me if I am applying K for my son during the interview!! Then I said 'No, i apply for N coz my son was born in Jan, 08...How come she doesnt know about it??!!!

She just 'hea' there and didn't ask Qs at all..so I tried to ask my son questions instead! and tried to play with my son..

Very bad impression on this sch   !!!

25#
發表於 10-4-17 00:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 Twinboys08 於 10-4-15 10:24 發表

HealthyB, I totally agree with you. Was the NET in short hair?? My boys were interviewed her and she's kind of rude and no heart...therefore my impression of this school isn't really good, although  ...

Yes..and she was 'super hea' during interview!! Can't imagine if she teaches in the class...

26#
發表於 10-4-19 15:57 |只看該作者
原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-15 19:29 發表

Actually, I'm trying to decide between LN pm and Victoria am.  It's true info on LN is not a lot.  It's a good school no doubt but I'm not sure about Cantonese only and prospect of their K3 students ...

Agreed.  I've the same concern as you (Cantonese & P1 allocation result).  Which campus of 東山 your kids are attending?  It is Admiralty?

27#
發表於 10-4-19 16:12 |只看該作者
原帖由 Sorb 於 10-4-16 15:09 發表
SIS, I have no idea as I do not plan to put my girl to international school.   I prefer to let her have a stronger foundation with Chinese in local school first and send her overseas when she is in se ...

Sorb –comments on NET (during interview) in KCS are hopeless in this threat.
As you are the real end user, do you have any comments for to share?
I had a bad experience with a no heart NET during Victoria (Upper Kornhill) Playgroup recently.
Don’t want to repeat it again for my son!

28#
發表於 10-4-19 17:28 |只看該作者
原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-4-19 15:57 發表

Agreed.  I've the same concern as you (Cantonese & P1 allocation result).  Which campus of 東山 your kids are attending?  It is Admiralty?

Yes, Admiralty!  Cai Lao Shi is very very nice.  Lots of ways to engage the kids.  Very action oriented to keep the kids attentive.  Even has something to bring home to help parents practice with the kids.

29#
發表於 10-4-19 17:57 |只看該作者
原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-19 17:28 發表

Yes, Admiralty!  Cai Lao Shi is very very nice.  Lots of ways to engage the kids.  Very action oriented to keep the kids attentive.  Even has something to bring home to help parents practice with th ...

That's very good.  How many days of PTH your kids attend per week?

30#
發表於 10-4-19 18:17 |只看該作者
原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-4-19 17:57 發表

That's very good.  How many days of PTH your kids attend per week?

Just once as they have classes everyday in the morning.  Don't want to tire them out.  We do the weekdays so fewer kids and the teacher has more control of the class.  

31#
發表於 10-4-19 18:23 |只看該作者
原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-19 18:17 發表

Just once as they have classes everyday in the morning.  Don't want to tire them out.  We do the weekdays so fewer kids and the teacher has more control of the class.  

ic ic .... how old is your kids?

32#
發表於 10-4-19 18:23 |只看該作者
其實真係好易揀,我就會揀蘇浙,而家master到3種語言比較好就係蘇浙和Vic,而蘇淅更有小學back up

嶺南行啟思果套,not my cup of tea了

33#
發表於 10-4-19 18:26 |只看該作者
原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-4-19 18:23 發表

ic ic .... how old is your kids?

27 months lah.  

34#
發表於 10-4-19 18:31 |只看該作者
原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-19 18:26 發表

27 months lah.  

haha .. same as my son.

35#
發表於 10-4-20 09:47 |只看該作者
SH-IP, as you can seen, I keep silent on your guys comment about KCS's NET in this thread as I cannot comment.  The reason being I do not have the time to observe how the NET teaches the class (we can do this if we have time and observe outside the classroom through the door window).  In all my other dealings with the school, I deal with the Chinese teachers only. So, not able to comment loh.  But what I can tell you is the kids (that I know) like the NET a lot. I have not heard the mums that I know in KCS compliants about the NET. KCS starts to teach phonics starting from K1, and it seems my girl knows many phonics sound after the 1st term of K1.

Last piece of information, when the NET is teaching the class, the other Chinese teachers will be there to help out, so, I think the performance of the NET is being monitored also.....so, I think they dare not to be too "hea" gua.

By the way, does LN has NET to teach English?  How often is it?

原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-4-19 16:12 發表

Sorb –comments on NET (during interview) in KCS are hopeless in this threat.
As you are the real end user, do you have any comments for to share?
I had a bad experience with a no heart NET during  ...

36#
發表於 10-4-20 10:37 |只看該作者
原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-4-19 18:31 發表

haha .. same as my son.

Cool!  My girls are Jan08 so same as your son?  You can go to Le Beaumont and sit there to listen to the owner (bring a coffee....he talks a lot and all over the place).  Once you've done that, you'll get a free trial class.  I think the quality is really teacher dependent so I would recomment a trial class for you to see if the teacher is any good.     I think I probably won't pick LN since it's PM.  We'll probably go to Victoria AM class.  Too bad our kids won't be classmates lah.  A little worried since a lot of bad comments on the Vic PG lately.

37#
發表於 10-4-27 14:54 |只看該作者
原帖由 Sorb 於 10-4-20 09:47 發表
SH-IP, as you can seen, I keep silent on your guys comment about KCS's NET in this thread as I cannot comment.  The reason being I do not have the time to observe how the NET teaches the class (we can ...

Hi Sorb – thanks for your sharing.
Lingnan do have NET.
For PN, they have 3 English session per week (but only for 15mins, mainly singing).
For K1, they have English session everyday (but I forgot last for how long).
Do you know that KCS K3 student need to
諗乘數表 (from 1 to 5)?
KCS actually teaching P1 curriculum in K3.
Other than NET, any comments for their local teachers?
Are they caring to the kids?

My colleague told me an experience about her niece in KCS PN class (this year). The kid was missed the school-bus and their teacher/nanny of school bus not aware of it at all.
  So scary.

38#
發表於 10-4-27 15:15 |只看該作者
原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-20 10:37 發表

Cool!  My girls are Jan08 so same as your son?  You can go to Le Beaumont and sit there to listen to the owner (bring a coffee....he talks a lot and all over the place).  Once you've done that, you' ...

Thanks for your sharing about Le Beaumont.
Have you ever tried/heard the Eng/Mad. Playgroup in Bean Sprouts (in Sheung Wan)?
Sad to hear that we can’t be school-mate in Lingnan.
Anyway, hope our kids enjoy their PN school life!!

39#
發表於 10-4-27 15:36 |只看該作者
Sorry, I do not know if KCS K3 student need to 諗乘數表 (from 1 to 5). If you want information, I can ask my niece tonight.

Frankly speaking, I really don't care if KCS K3 will teach P1 syllabus or not.  I wish it will teach K3 level only as I am not targetting a KG that is too 谷 academically.  But so far in K1, KCS K1 is very free and not 谷 at all.  So, my girl enjoys school life very much.  Nothing is more important than my girl enjoying school life while learning a new language at the same time.

The local teachers I have encountered (in PN and K1) are all caring, friendly, responsive and observative.  They really understand the personality of each children in the class and phoned the parents to discuss once they noted changes with our kids.  I appreciated this greatly.  

For serveral times, I forgot to call to inform the teacher my girl was sick.  The teacher called me to ask on that day or the day after.  So, I don't believe the teacher will not know the student is missing.   

For y
our case re school bus, I cannot comment as I am not a user of the school bus.  But pls bear in mind that there are school buses operated by school and Yellow school bus operated by outsiders.  

原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-4-27 14:54 發表

Hi Sorb – thanks for your sharing.
Lingnan do have NET.
For PN, they have 3 English session per week (but only for 15mins, mainly singing).
For K1, they have English session everyday (but I forgot ...

40#
發表於 10-4-28 01:02 |只看該作者
Per my little niece, she learnt 乘數 starting from KCS P1, not KCS K3.

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-4-27 15:36 發表
Sorry, I do not know if KCS K3 student need to 諗乘數表 (from 1 to 5). If you want information, I can ask my niece tonight.

Frankly speaking, I really don't care if KCS K3 will teach P1 syllabus or  ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題