用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 A kinder asking "undesirable" students to leave(Oly) ...
發新帖
查看: 2608|回覆: 17
go

A kinder asking "undesirable" students to leave(Oly) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-3-31 22:41 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Just received a phone call from the principal of this kinder.

The principal asked me for more than 1 time, saying if there are other choices, my baby could further her study in K1 in other kinders, rather than her school.

The reason is i only wrote some feedback to their students' report, saying that i do not quite agree with their judgement of my child.

And the principal phoned me, explaining their points of view and indirectly "ask my child" to quit.

Wow, this is Hong Kong, a liberal place.  Why can't i speak up for my child?

Should we, our parents agree what their teachers say and think?

We are independent, mature adults.  I just voiced out my opinion.

What's wrong with

I think a school should not forget their responsibilities in the society.  

Teaching students well enough is their primary role.  We, as parents, have already played our role in teaching our children.  They, the school should not always pass the role to us.  

Rejecting "undesirable" students should not be their main target.

Poor me.

This school is situated in Olympic.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-3-31 23:07 |只看該作者
have interest to know which one?   Is it the one with many branches, one is HoManTin and one in Causeway Bay???

原帖由 ranicanice 於 10-3-31 22:41 發表

The principal asked me for more than 1 time, saying if there are other choices, my baby could further her study in K1 in other kinders, r ...

3#
發表於 10-3-31 23:29 |只看該作者
can u pm me and tell me which kinder you are refering to ?
thanks.

4#
發表於 10-3-31 23:42 |只看該作者
原帖由 EFJ3 於 10-3-31 23:07 發表
have interest to know which one?   Is it the one with many branches, one is HoManTin and one in Causeway Bay???

I dare not to tell which one.

Otherwise, what i wrote in the column would be banned or deleted.

Hey, how many kinders are there in Oly?
Not too many, I suppose.

5#
發表於 10-3-31 23:46 |只看該作者
Hi ranicanice,

I do feel sorry to hear that for your daughter. Please dont angry.

If you have another offer for your daughter in case your daughter also feels not happy when study in this kinder ?

Would you mind to advise which kinder your daughter is now studying.Or you may PM me for my idea.

I have heard some similar cases as you from my friends before BUT they were also heard from their friends or collegues.

Miuccia224

The principal asked me for more than 1 time, saying if there are other choices, my baby could further her study in K1 in other kinders, r ...

6#
發表於 10-3-31 23:51 |只看該作者
原帖由 Christi 於 10-3-31 23:29 發表
can u pm me and tell me which kinder you are refering to ?
thanks.

Hello

The point i wrote here is to remind schools or the concerned department the teaching code they have to adhere: to teach children regardless of their background including races, nationalities, characters ...

You know, children are not varied too much at this age.  

If they only look for good students and do not pay their full effort to teach them, i don't think it is worth-attending.

Or if they only should their responsibilities to our parents, this means they are incapable in teaching children and in other words, their teaching assurance and quality is low in credibility.

Anyway, i don't think you are as unlucky as me, having teachers who could not accept children of special needs.

7#
發表於 10-4-1 11:52 |只看該作者
Ranicanice,

I'm very sorry to hear about your case. You are right, I think parents are trying to work with the school to educate the kids.

But I want to tell you that your situation is not alone. I do hear cases from time to time that parents are 'adviced' to take their kids to other kinders. this happen even more often in famous schools.

sadly speaking,  due the high competition among schools in HK. Not really many schools want to take kids who are slightly different than others.  In fact, they would rather take kids are less sharp but willing to obey the rules.

changing school may not be a bad idea if you think you cannot work with the school. at the end of the day, we just want our kids to grow up in a place which he/she is happy.

原帖由 ranicanice 於 10-3-31 23:51 發表

Hello

The point i wrote here is to remind schools or the concerned department the teaching code they have to adhere: to teach children regardless of their background including races, nationalities, ...

8#
發表於 10-4-1 13:20 |只看該作者

If I were you, I would be more than happy to know the truth early. U may regret if staying there for another 3 years, without knowing the truth.
No matter who was wrong, staying in a kindergarten whose Principal, staff do not like your child must be a disaster.
U are not poor.
Better celebrate to unveil the dark side of so-called "educational professional" and have a new life for your child.
Remember, there are hundreds/thousands of happy kindergarten outside Olympic.

[ 本帖最後由 oooray 於 10-4-1 15:17 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

9#
發表於 10-4-1 14:03 |只看該作者
同意你嘅講法....

我都覺得離開呢間學校未必係壞事,因為早排我朋友個小朋友比某幼稚園老師打,佢都掙扎好耐去唔去學校投訴好,於是我問咗我朋友意見(佢教咗廿幾年書),佢話一係唔出聲當無事,一係去投訴後就轉校,始終小朋友細,有咩事未必識話你知....更何況今次係校長主動做衰人,叫你走,佢班手下都一定會跟佢老闆"方針"做事,起你立場睇,無jetso

原帖由 oooray 於 10-4-1 13:20 發表

If I were you, I would be more than happy to know the truth early. U may regret if staying there for another 3 years, without knowing the truth.
No matter whole was wrong, staying in a kindergarten w ...

10#
發表於 10-4-1 14:09 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

11#
發表於 10-4-1 14:59 |只看該作者
原帖由 ranicanice 於 10-3-31 23:51 發表

Hello

The point i wrote here is to remind schools or the concerned department the teaching code they have to adhere: to teach children regardless of their background including races, nationalities, ...

請問是否在13/3舉行PN 面試個間呀?  如你所講, 佢地唔係由PN 直上 K1喎!  請問你有冇其它KG OFFER係手? 如有的話, 我一定唔會俾小朋友係度讀, 個校長同其它老師都唔LIKE 自己個小朋友, 咁一定冇運行!  其實咁細個小朋友又點可能用 undesirable 個字去形容呢!  呢間KG
真係太過份呢!:;pppp:

12#
發表於 10-4-1 15:26 |只看該作者
明白自己的孩子被"reject"是多麼的心痛…
不肯定你的孩子是否有跟別的孩子有點不同,如有自閉傾向等等…
如其他媽媽說的,這間學樣容不下你的寶貝,外面還有別的學校是會願意因才施教的。
請容我說句老實話,那間學樣作出這樣的決定/行動,當中一定有個原因,從別的角度去看,或許你都需要看清楚問題,否則,別的學樣也可能會有同一樣的結果。
請問,你孩子是否需要額外的情緒訓練或特別的協助?爸媽自己才是最可幫助孩子成長的人。

13#
發表於 10-4-1 18:04 |只看該作者
我同意 sheffield 的講法。
我同意那一間學校應該真的不適合你的小朋友,可能是他們沒有 resources or expertise 配合你的小朋友。他們不想教不好你的小朋友,又同時影響了班上其他的同學,兩頭唔到岸。
我不知道你的 special needs 是指甚麼,可能是資優兒或有自閉傾向或其他。
嘗試冷靜地去想,既然明知小朋友是特別,應選一間真的能對他發展和學習有好處的學校,而且能配合你的家庭資源的;不應只考慮 popular famous school。幼稚園是不是讀名校不重要,名校反而出不了天才。
試試找協康會,他們真是有好多資源的,一定願意幫您的小朋友的。

14#
發表於 10-4-1 20:44 |只看該作者
Hi all,

Thanks very much for all of your encouragement.  I feel much relieved now.

In fact, my child is less sociable and is not too willing to interact with teachers in that school.  That means, my child is weak in social and communication skills.

The story is they keep telling me what the child has been doing in the class, saying that my child is always alone in class, could not take an active role in making friend and that my child would not always answer or make instant responses to teachers.

And i replied them in return, saying that i have done my part, putting my child in some playgroup classes so that she could learn some inter-personal skills and speaking skills. We, as parents, have also made some time for my child, reading stories with my child every day.

The point is : I asked them back what they could do to help my child.  They do not seem to have a plan and do not recognize the improvement that my child has made in the past 6 months.

Then, I wrote some feedback to the school, saying that the teachers' judgement is biased and the evaluation report of the child may need some improvement.

I do think their teachers do not have a good plan to help my child and they do let my child attend the class in this way.  This may be because letting the child moving from one game table to another table is normal. And they do not need to restrict their behaviour.  But on the other hand, they keep complaining the misbehaviour of my child, saying that my child is not that focused or could not pay attention to one activity for a longer time.

My concern is their principal asked my child to quit because i wrote some negative feedback to them. And they do not like them.

If i had not written that feedback, they would not have phoned me or asked my child to leave.

I think, it is because of me who wrote the feedback.

15#
發表於 10-4-1 21:07 |只看該作者
Plus:  My child is polite and always take the initiative to greet the others including cousins, family members, security guards, teachers in other playgroup etc.,

My child is not bad in speaking to our family members and teachers outside.

The joke is: I don't know why my child could not perform the same way in that school in Oly as what she is doing at home or in other play areas.

I once thought that my child is scared of these teachers because they scolded my child.  But it seems not possible.  They  let my child to attend the class in this way and i do not think they would take their teaching so seriously that they would care the child's behaviour by scolding them.

I know that children would perform differently in different places.  But it is supposed that schools are a secure place to children and that they could perform much better in a place that they feel comfortable and trustworthy.  

Sadly, my child is doing things oppositely, showing some anti-behaviour in their school.

Agree?

16#
發表於 10-4-1 21:24 |只看該作者
My child has two kinders as back-up.  I told this to the school's principal and she ended the phone conversation at once.

Very interesting!!!

To clarify, the school did not describe my child as "undesirable".

17#
發表於 10-4-6 22:10 |只看該作者
i have similar situation when my kid was in N1 but now i need to reg the one at Oly in May, could u please pm me or send me email to [email protected].  if this is the one i will not go.  dont want the same thing happen again.  tks for your sharing!!

18#
發表於 10-4-7 01:28 |只看該作者
poor mom, i know which one u are saying abt(checked yr recent topics).  i think i will not go there cos u are not the first one talking abt this issue regarding this school.  

hope yr kid hv another happy school life in the time ahead.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題