搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 有無小朋友返緊維多利亞PG?
樓主: Twinboys08
go

有無小朋友返緊維多利亞PG? [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 10-4-21 13:44 |只看該作者
原帖由 Lord-the-man 於 10-4-21 11:41 發表
If we look at their run down carefully, they have their intention to set schedule like this....

They let the child to play, but then have to tidy up and to be disciplined again, and sit down,....then ...

I think every playgroup has this similar schedule, the problem here is the teacher are too hea and not involved, and of course too many free play time.  I think every campus should have the same standard, it is not because HH is better but because the teachers are better (i.e. luck).  

I know more than 10 moms who sent their children to both TT and Victoria for playgroup, none of them said Vic is better, they join the playgroup because they want to get into PN.  

I don't know about other playgroup and I can just compare Vic with TT, the teachers at TT are very professional and they have many 道具 every lesson, and they are very involved.  There is only 10-15 mins free play in the playground, other time are circle time, singing, story time, sensory table, fine motor and art.  Actually the rundown is similar to what you said about Vic HH playgroup.

For Vic, we have started for 1.5 months already, still with ~1 hour free play time..... We will quit for sure after knowing the PN result in end of May!

82#
發表於 10-4-21 13:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 yaulinda 於 10-4-21 11:42 發表
Compared to as my elder daughter was also attended the same Vic PG 2 years ago, I must say the rundown was less structured, with increased free time, less toys and less involvement of teachers.

Oh Linda, I think middle kornhill would be better than upper kornhill coz upper kornhill is a new campus for playgroup and all things are new (including the teachers)!  My daughter likes the English teacher (Ms. Annette) very much after attending for 1.5 months and she calls Ms. Annette's name even at home, but they changed the teachers starting from this week,   I think because of the complaints form 2-3 year old group, therefore they swap the teachers!   

They said free play times are for children to adapt to the environment (i personally do not think that it takes more than 1 month lor!), but they change the teachers suddenly after the children all get used to the previous teachers!  What a stupid arrangement

83#
發表於 10-4-21 14:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 Lord-the-man 於 10-4-21 12:15 發表

We will be in Trilingual Class

By the way, do u know how many got admitted in the coming Aug ?

Wow, Trilingual class.  Is that in the PM?  We thought about it too as my girls only speak English and understand more Mandarin than Cantonese.  Do you think we can request to change?  What do you think?

84#
發表於 10-4-21 14:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-21 14:14 發表

Wow, Trilingual class.  Is that in the PM?  We thought about it too as my girls only speak English and understand more Mandarin than Cantonese.  Do you think we can request to change?  What do you t ...

I think u can apply black and white for transfer ....if there is vacancy, they will look at it.

I think Trilingual's seats are very limited and only offered to PN class in CWB and HH. i.e., They will not admit K1 newcomer to their Tirlingual class...and all HH Trilingual students will move to CWB for trilingual K2 class ....i.e., HH Trilingual will be for PN and K1, then move to CWB for K2 and K3

85#
發表於 10-4-21 14:44 |只看該作者
原帖由 Lord-the-man 於 10-4-21 14:34 發表

I think u can apply black and white for transfer ....if there is vacancy, they will look at it.

I think Trilingual's seats are very limited and only offered to PN class in CWB and HH. i.e., They w ...

Thank you for your advice.  Pls check your PM.  Thanks.

86#
發表於 10-4-21 14:56 |只看該作者
原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-21 14:44 發表

Thank you for your advice.  Pls check your PM.  Thanks.

Got it and replied...

Maybe  another the reason y CWB and HH are hot ....is that not many campus offer Trilingual and some like HMT is not 5 days...etc ...while CWB and HH are 5 days with Trilingual avilaible.

If I percieve correctly from teachers of Vic, there will be 3 teachers in a classroom together all the time...i.e., Trilingual all the time....

87#
發表於 10-4-21 23:27 |只看該作者
唉,各位上康PG媽咪,我致電問過老師是否以後都是這樣上堂,大多時間自由玩,她們說是這樣的,只是第一堂適應期,連我家工人都覺得不好,估不到維記PG咁差。最慘我巳退了九龍塘多多,五月不能再繼續因為太多等候…

88#
發表於 10-4-22 00:01 |只看該作者
原帖由 Lord-the-man 於 10-4-21 14:56 發表

Got it and replied...

Maybe  another the reason y CWB and HH are hot ....is that not many campus offer Trilingual and some like HMT is not 5 days...etc ...while CWB and HH are 5 days with Trilingua ...

As I read from their school profile (the booklet they distributed together with the application form), all of their classes starting from K1 are trilingual or bilingual (eng/PTH).  It means if the kids continue going to K1, all will be trilingual (in all campus).

I talked with the Principal of Lower Kornhill before, asking her the difference between bilingual (eng/cantonese) and trilingual stream for PN, she said even the bilingual stream would have 2 sessions of PTH each week.  I think the difference is the presence of a PTH teacher for trilingual stream.  Some may think that it is very important and do make a difference, while I think it won't make a big difference!  Because after attending their playgroup, I understand that by just having the teacher "presence" is of no use at all, what really matters is how much they involve.

89#
發表於 10-4-22 03:33 |只看該作者
for me, my gal attended the Sat playgroup in HH for almost a year. Although our English teacher changed three times, we found the class is very well organised. And teachers are very nice and caring. I am quite satisfied. And my gal loves going to the playgroup there - many paintings and singings. She can remember those songs and we often sing at home.

90#
發表於 10-4-22 08:53 |只看該作者
Jupiter,

I feel very satisfied with the Chinese teacher of Vic PG, she's very devoted.

But I feel quite disappointed towards the NET, she day dreams quite a lot,
she does not actively interact with children (of course not parents la), and she does not has the skill on how to encourage the children to pay attention to her.

Luckily that I didn't quit TT yet.

91#
發表於 10-4-22 09:33 |只看該作者
Well ~ I have already submitted the withdrawal letter to upper kornhill Vic PG...can't stand it anymore. Unfortunately, still need to pay for May school fee !

92#
發表於 10-4-22 09:33 |只看該作者
Jupiter, your comment:  "while I think it won't make a big difference!  Because after attending their playgroup, I understand that by just having the teacher "presence" is of no use at all, what really matters is how much they involve."  

Strongly agree with your comment above, actually, I know a number of Victoria parents sending their kids to Vic PN (bilingual class) as my kid had joined its playgroup 2 years ago.  We still have close contact after playgroup.  Two of the mums told me exactly your above comments.  Both told me the NET of their kid's class are passive (one in CWB and one in HH campus), will not take the initiative to communicate with the students.  One of the mums who often speak to her kid in English prior to joining PN told me after going to PN for one month, her kid's English level has deteriorated as the Cantonese teacher is very proactive while the NET is passive, thus, all the students like the Cantonese speaking teacher and like to speak to her all the time instead of the NET.  As a result, Cantonese improved a lot while English deteriorated.  Interesting comment.........

原帖由 Jupiter 於 10-4-22 00:01 發表

As I read from their school profile (the booklet they distributed together with the application form), all of their classes starting from K1 are trilingual or bilingual (eng/PTH).  It means if the k ...

93#
發表於 10-4-22 10:26 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

94#
發表於 10-4-22 10:40 |只看該作者
原帖由 wootaitai 於 10-4-22 10:26 發表
but the way PN classes are structured are different. they are divided into 2-3 groups, each teacher handles 1 group and they rotate teachers/ activities. So each teacher will be actively handling the  ...

Even for the PG we came across, we didnt find any idle time so far...and all were well structured and organised.

What i can say is different parents have different expectations and needs, just as some parents look for Trilungual, some for Cantonese/Eng bilingual, some for Put/Eng Bilingual ...etc. But for sure, they structure the Tri / Bi lingual differently for different expectation and demand

Yet , in the end, the market will tell the truth....if it is really the case, the student qualities will tell and demand for the school will tell ultimately.

95#
發表於 10-4-22 10:48 |只看該作者

回覆 93# wootaitai 的文章

Actually the students of PN are free to choose which group of activities they want to join.

For my elder daughter's experience in Vic PN, her teachers commented my child mainly choose the Chinese teacher, and she rarely join the NET's group, luckily that her NET was quite good, and my daughter finally joined her group more oftenly towards the end of the school year.  

However, they are very "open minded" and never push (or strongly encourage) children to try out different groups.

That's why I think Vic students are very happy but very free when compared to other schools.

96#
發表於 10-4-22 13:18 |只看該作者
原帖由 Lord-the-man 於 10-4-22 10:40 發表

Even for the PG we came across, we didnt find any idle time so far...and all were well structured and organised.

What i can say is different parents have different expectations and needs, just as s ...

Very much agreed with your comment that it is about market demands.  Most of the parents today want to put their children in trilingual environment.  But I think it does not neccessarily mean that HH trilingual is kind of more "superior" than those Vic bilingual classes, just like what you said, it is about different expectation.

Since my girl is "small" girl, putting her to HH trilingual would mean asking her to face fierce competition, my aim is to get into Vic, so my strategy is not to go for HH trilingual but go for Kornhill bilingual.  As the Principal told me that I can make a written request to change to other campus if I like in K1, as many students will leave Vic in K1, there should be spaces available and PN students should have the first priority.  

But I think if my girl can get into Vic PN, I won't request change of campus in K1, because all classes will become trilingual in K1 anyway.

97#
發表於 10-4-22 13:58 |只看該作者
Officially from Victoria's definition, they divide their classes (PN & all K level) into different streams : Trilingual, Bilingual (Eng/Pu & Eng/Cantonese)...

I cannot comment if K1 are all defacto Trilingual in all campus....as they really have such a segregation externally to cater for different demands of the market. Otherwise, it would be meaningless to carry a separate label.

But anyway, carrying a certificate from Tri or Bi lingual stream make no difference in reality if the kid is not able to communicate the language properly in the end.

98#
發表於 10-4-22 14:58 |只看該作者
原帖由 Lord-the-man 於 10-4-22 13:58 發表
Officially from Victoria's definition, they divide their classes (PN & all K level) into different streams : Trilingual, Bilingual (Eng/Pu & Eng/Cantonese)...

I cannot comment if K1 are all defacto T ...

Hope the brochure (p.23) of the below link could give everybody a better understanding of the streams ....

http://www.victoria.edu.hk/about-victoria/eng/about_42.html

[ 本帖最後由 Lord-the-man 於 10-4-22 15:02 編輯 ]

99#
發表於 10-4-22 17:12 |只看該作者
原帖由 Lord-the-man 於 10-4-22 14:58 發表

Hope the brochure (p.23) of the below link could give everybody a better understanding of the streams ....

http://www.victoria.edu.hk/about-victoria/eng/about_42.html

Thanks a lot for your information, but I read from p.11 that bilingual (eng/cantonese) is for PN only, starting from K1, the bilingual means 英普, but it requires the kids to use either english or PTH as mother tongue.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, my friend's daughter studies in Vic from PN to secondary school now, her language is good (trilingual), and she was in Lower Kornhill campus before.  So I think the student's quality would not be bad no matter they study in HH / CWB / any other campus.

100#
發表於 10-4-22 17:20 |只看該作者
Please see if this is correct or not:

[ 本帖最後由 Jupiter 於 10-4-22 17:24 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題