教育王國 討論區 課外活動 7 課外活動是否太多
樓主: THRY
go

7 課外活動是否太多 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 04-11-10 20:55 |只看該作者

Re: 7 課外活動是否太多

THRY,

Suggest you to quit 珠心算 because it take up several hours a week (include the time for homework) of your son's time. As he does not enjoy it, he will probably can't get the benefit of what 珠心算 claimed. For those children who are billiant and seems got much thru 珠心算 all show great interest in it and happy to do the homework. It helps to train the brain (left/right ? I forgot) will need the learning in a happy manner.

My girl learned 珠心算 for more than one year and also join some competition before. But we quit finally and don't see any apparent advantage now.

22#
發表於 05-1-30 20:09 |只看該作者

首先我們要想想為甚麼要小朋友們參加課外活動?
有很多課外活動本身是對小朋友有益身心,但
在香港的教育制度底下,有些課外活動其實是校內已有的科目,例如音樂,美術等。但在校內往往不被重視卻
要在派位計分,課外活動亦在學校面試的時候要參考,因此有些家長亦很實際地迫小朋友們參加他們沒有興趣的興趣班來增加勝算。所以大家會發現很多小朋友升中後已經沒有再接觸以前的課外活動,並不是他們太忙於功課,而是這些活動家長已經認為『無用』。
我相信有一天假如大學入學試連音樂,藝術等也計分,中學同學們也要惡補這些課外活動。

23#
發表於 05-1-30 22:15 |只看該作者

其實我無看各位的posting. 以題目論, 是否多? depends
1) 小朋友會否太辛苦,
2) 他們是否自願及在當中尋找到樂趣,
3) 自己時間是否可分配接送出入,
4) $$$ suppose no problem
因為我見有d天才, 真係樣樣掂包括讀書, 文武雙全, 係奇才, 佢自己要求好多, 而家長只是比$及幫佢安排一下, 就ok.  所以無話得唔得, 好唔好, all depends.

24#
發表於 05-1-30 23:24 |只看該作者

其實好睇家長個人的觀念, 有時唔係多就會係好, 我家姐以前就係一個好典型既的case, 樣樣都比個仔去學, 而嗰D興趣班根本就唔鐘意, 上堂好似坐監咁, 幾辛苦, 根本無一樣野學得好長同收效果. 不過2年多前, 我家姐, 一樣都比個仔學珠心算, 初時佢好拒抗. 話唔返既. 不同返返下, 佢就從珠心算中搵到個興趣同信心出來, 所以出來效果係唔錯既. 其實興趣班一定要切合個小朋友既興趣同發展先係最重要. 我家姐, 依家只係Keep住個仔學珠心算同英文班就夠拉. 佢都知多亦未必對小朋友有用.

25#
發表於 05-1-31 12:14 |只看該作者

THRY 寫道:
My son is a K3 AM student.

I have arranged 7 activities for him as follows:-
Wed PM - English Club - 1 hr - In his own kindergarten
Thrus PM - Swimming lession - 1 hr - 1 hr travelling
Sat AM - 珠心算 - 1 hr - In his own kindergarten
Sat AM - Painting lession - - 1 hr - In his own kindergarten
Sat PM - Boy Scout - 1 hr - In living area
Sun AM - Piano - half hr - 1 hr traveling
Sun AM - Violin - half hr - just after Paino lesson

Do you think I have arranged too much to him?

I think the problem is not having too many activities but some of the travelling time is too long.
1hr of travelling in some subjects really makes him tired and violin lesson just right after piano is really a mess up for him. You know learning violin for a small kid is somehow much more difficult than piano. He still have to pay more time on practicing both.
My kid is also a K3 AM student. I have arrange 10 activities for him and all of the venue are located at home or somewhere near home. The longest time spend for travelling is within 10mins time. For some of the subject like Abacus he didn't much prefer, I will let him have 30mins relaxing time to spend in the park nearby after the lesson to let hime know if he finished it he will got this bounus.

26#
發表於 05-1-31 15:23 |只看該作者

I also arranged 7 activities for my K2 girl.  Her schedule is like this.
Mon - 普通話 (1.5hrs)
Tue - Art & Craft (1hrs)
Thu - Speech & Drama (1hrs)
Fri - Ballet (45min)
Sat - Abacus(1.5hrs) & Swimming (1hrs)
Sun - Tom Lee Music Wonderland (1hrs)

All the activities are near my home except swimming.  It takes around 40mins round trip(by drive).
Her kindergarten does not have any homework because they will finish their work at school.  The kindergarten suggest & recommend us to let the kids attend some activities class. I have one child and I am a working mother.  Sometimes, she is nothing to do after school.  She is very enjoy to attend all classes that I arranged for her.  Maybe she can play with almost same age child and she know that she can learn more.  My Mother-in-law ask my husband that my girl is learning too many things.  It's better to cut some.  My husband ask my girl what she want to cut in front of my Mother-in-law.  My girl say she don't want to cut any, she love to learn all.  After that my Mother-in-law say nothing. So the most important is "Does she love to learn & is it her interest?".  If the kid don't like that activity, don't push her/him.  It just waste time & money.  If they like, they will very enjoy it.

27#
發表於 05-1-31 16:13 |只看該作者

The schedule for my K3 duaghter ( 5 years old) is:-
Mon - Draw Picture ( 1 hr)
Tue - Tom Lee "JMC" ( 1 hr)
Wed - Olympia Maths ( 1 hr)

Just a 3 activities only.  I need go together with her for each activities.  So I felt very tried for sometime.  But she was very enjoy it.  

For Friday,  I need to pick up my 2nd BB ( 1.5 years old) for my mother home.  So only one day is Thurday for myself use.

And we have not want to make any  課外活動 on week end.   Since we want to use this 2 days go to outside ( e.g. Ocean Park, BBQ, Swimming,..........) with our 2nd bb.

我有兩個女 大女Vanessa好生性 細女Venus好生肉

28#
發表於 05-2-1 12:31 |只看該作者

Dear Jessica,

可否 PM 專注力提升班/EQ遊戲班資料給我?
Many Thanks.

29#
發表於 05-2-1 13:34 |只看該作者

課外活動是否“多”,要看活動性質和參加活動的travelling time。

我仔仔讀K3 (AM),數一數,原來他都有7項課外活動:

Mon: 交通安全隊(學校活動,放學後多留1小時)
Tue: 珠心算(在學校上課,放學後多留1小時)
Wed: 畫班(1.5小時,不用travel,步行10mins)
Thur: Piano (半小時,不用travel,步行10mins)
Fri: 小一適應課程(三月份才開課,1.45小時/課,travelling 30 mins)
Sat: 跆拳道(1小時15分鍾,travelling 20 mins)
Sun: 主日學(1小時,在他幼稚園上,只需步行10mins)

我都有問過自己是否他參加得太多,但我仔又樣樣喜歡。我想過,7項活動中只有Piano和珠心算才要回家練習和做功課。其他的活動參加就是參加,不需要什麽額外的effort,可以當玩,所以計落他都不太辛苦。

30#
發表於 05-2-1 16:58 |只看該作者

我看見呢個Topic¸好想同大家傾下.

小女讀P.2, 時間表如下:

Tue        公文數
Thur        Piano
Fri        畫畫
Sat        中樂, 拉丁舞
Sun        主日學, 游水, Oral

話親比人聽佢學d咩, 每個人都話太多, 講好多說話比我聽, 又問    “點解要比佢學咁多?” “學咁多野有咩用呀?不如比心機d讀書!” “簡直係浪費金錢和時間!”  “不如儲多d錢比自己啦!!” 好多好多問題, 有時都會覺得自己有問題.

但呀女又學得好開心, 佢死都唔肯減, 連公文數都話要做到Q教材, 見佢學校成績都算好, 有十名以內, 所以keep 住啦, 因為自己唔識教, 咪比錢人教law.

[size=small]其實大家都想自己小朋友開開心心, 所以冇話太多太小, 只有話適唔適合該位小朋友.

[size=small]不過想奉勸大家, 如任何課外活動影響或引致會破壞親子關係, 就一定要檢討一下啦!   
菲媽 =^_^=

31#
發表於 05-2-1 18:51 |只看該作者

Wow, seems like Hong Kong children are busier than their parents now .... and parents are busy to wait thier children ..

32#
發表於 05-2-1 20:32 |只看該作者

呢個 topic 沉左咁耐, 而家又再次出現真係難得, 相信都值得再入黎睇下.

我好同意菲媽話, 只要小朋友開心, 而時間又可以編排得好, 最主要唔影響到學業同親子關係, 如果經濟上又負擔得起, 咁做父母既當然會盡量滿足小朋友.

菲媽 寫道:
我看見呢個Topic¸好想同大家傾下.

小女讀P.2, 時間表如下:

Tue        公文數
Thur        Piano
Fri        畫畫
Sat        中樂, 拉丁舞
Sun        主日學, 游水, Oral

話親比人聽佢學d咩, 每個人都話太多, 講好多說話比我聽, 又問    “點解要比佢學咁多?” “學咁多野有咩用呀?不如比心機d讀書!” “簡直係浪費金錢和時間!”  “不如儲多d錢比自己啦!!” 好多好多問題, 有時都會覺得自己有問題.

但呀女又學得好開心, 佢死都唔肯減, 連公文數都話要做到Q教材, 見佢學校成績都算好, 有十名以內, 所以keep 住啦, 因為自己唔識教, 咪比錢人教law.

[size=small]其實大家都想自己小朋友開開心心, 所以冇話太多太小, 只有話適唔適合該位小朋友.

[size=small]不過想奉勸大家, 如任何課外活動影響或引致會破壞親子關係, 就一定要檢討一下啦!   

33#
發表於 05-2-2 10:07 |只看該作者

我自己無返工,可以自己湊個女去學野,我發覺d 小朋友好多時玩多過學, 我女上音樂班, 佢地會一路上堂一路行黎行去, 搞下野呀, 傾下計甘(但係又學到野架wow), 所以我發覺佢地學野一d 都唔辛苦仲好開心tim...

34#
發表於 05-2-2 10:57 |只看該作者

我囝囝k2,佢而家的時間表如下:
mon    ice-skating
tue      piano
wed     putonghua
thu      swimming
fri        english lesson
sat      drawing,  phonics
sun      church
可能我和丈夫都好夜返到家,所以佢有時都好悶,k1時佢會問工人媽咪幾時返,不過有課外活動就好啲,因為所有活動(except ice-skating)都係屋企附近行5-10min,佢每天都係早上返學,下午食完lunch休息一陣就去上堂跟住返屋企瞓覺或者瞓完再去上堂,然後夜晚就見到媽咪,所以佢開心好多。
每樣活動都係佢自己揀,早排星期三未有活動,佢好心急話媽咪我想星期三都學嘢,佢仲話想學日文,不過我唔知去邊度搵。上星期一佢學溜冰,跌倒撞傷額頭和鼻,都幾嚴重,之後問佢仲學唔學,佢都話要繼續。
所以小朋友參加課外活動不能話多定少,有的小朋友跟本不願學,一樣都話多,另外一些你叫佢減少佢都唔肯。
不過試過學piano,學左半年度時,佢唔肯學,覺得好困難(老師嚴),試過上堂喊,我要佢堅持落去,每晚陪佢練習,加上轉左老師,囝囝話佢彈唔倒都冇嬲佢,所以佢肯繼續落去,而家開始見到佢彈得好好,好有興趣。
某程度上,人是有惰性,逃避困難,我唔希望小朋友太容易放棄,因為我不是想兒子做李雲廸,而是希望佢養成貫徹始終的性格,可能有些人會覺得我迫囝囝,但大家看法不同,我會陪佢一齊面對挑戰。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題