go

朗思家長們, 可否分享一下? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-3-1 00:12 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

22#
發表於 10-3-1 02:18 |只看該作者
hihi PERTRA

cos' my son is only studying in N1 and does not really have homework, so it is hard for me to judge. could mami(s) of K2 or K3 students shred the light?  and twinsstar's point on "not famous enough" may also be a consideration.

23#
發表於 10-3-1 10:09 |只看該作者

24#
發表於 10-3-1 10:15 |只看該作者
"School name" is always the thing that I'm struggling .... however my friend who's working in a vvvvvvvvvvvv famous DSS pri school told me that they look for bright students, mainly looking at the kids' ability and interview performance rather than their background (including which KG they come from). However, as a parent, just a bit "ng fong sum" .... Seems very silly

Another thing that I'm thinking is if i'm really aiming at those vvvvvvvvvvvvv top primary sch such as DGS, DBS etc., if not, then I don't have to worry about the "School name" factor anymore as THINK also has students going to those quite famous private / DSS pri school such as Ying Wah, SFA etc.

Guess like many of the THINK parents.. I do treasure her ENG n PTH lang environment. esp now he's doing whole-day. Even if I'm going to SC (ENG+CAN), his exposure won't be that much when compared to THINK and I'm sure I've to find extra Eng n PTH lessons for him

aiii.. just have few more mths to decide .. and struggle

原帖由 zima 於 10-3-1 02:18 發表
hihi PERTRA

cos' my son is only studying in N1 and does not really have homework, so it is hard for me to judge. could mami(s) of K2 or K3 students shred the light?  and twinsstar's point on "not fam ...

[ 本帖最後由 twinsstar 於 10-3-1 10:45 編輯 ]

25#
發表於 10-3-1 10:35 |只看該作者
My daughter is currently studying in Think N1 in Kowloon Tong, I think the school is offering a very good language
environment to my girl and the school is aiming at leading student with own thinking idea rather than robotic spoon feeding!  My girl is quite confident to deal with people she don't know, of course, it lays partly from her personality.  I do agree that name of kinder do give scores when applying P1 but the response from the applicants themselves play a more major part!  My girl is lucky enough to be accepted by few famous KG ....though!

26#
發表於 10-3-1 21:21 |只看該作者
請問朗思和金巴倫, 大家會選哪一間呢?

兩間都好好, 所以1516, 唔知點揀好.

27#
發表於 10-3-2 10:46 |只看該作者
原帖由 shootingstar 於 10-3-1 21:21 發表
請問朗思和金巴倫, 大家會選哪一間呢?

兩間都好好, 所以1516, 唔知點揀好.

To be frank, nobody can tell you which school is better since every schools have its own merits, just follow your heart after the site visit and decide from your heart, I am sure you must be able to find the best one for your kids!

28#
發表於 10-3-2 10:51 |只看該作者
If the two are similar in terms of reputation and don't differ much in curriculm / lang exposure, I would prefer to stay in the school which your kid is studying at the moment ..... no need to adapt to a new environment ma ...

原帖由 shootingstar 於 10-3-1 21:21 發表
請問朗思和金巴倫, 大家會選哪一間呢?

兩間都好好, 所以1516, 唔知點揀好.

29#
發表於 10-3-2 11:26 |只看該作者
原帖由 twinsstar 於 10-3-2 10:51 發表
If the two are similar in terms of reputation and don't differ much in curriculm / lang exposure, I would prefer to stay in the school which your kid is studying at the moment ..... no need to adapt t ...

你講得好好呀, 我都覺得朗思和金巴倫在reputation and language exposure這兩方面好相近, 所以先令到我心大心細.  金巴倫要在今個星期六前交雜費及其他費用, 但佢地4月先有open day, 真係無機會俾我多了解這學校.  

而朗思, 我阿仔而家讀緊, 我都好鐘意, 如無意外, 都係留在朗思機會大.

30#
發表於 10-3-2 11:33 |只看該作者
Discipline in Think is good enough comparing to some other kindergartens. The children should be polite and follow instruction.

The level of Chinese in Think is average. My daughter needs to learn how to write some Chinese words since K1. She will learn simple addition in K2 2nd term.

31#
發表於 10-3-2 17:01 |只看該作者
my son studied in Think (LC) for N1, till now (he is in SC K1 now)  he is always mention about Think, his N1 teachers, school bus EE etc, (though he hv been crying over one month when start N1.. ha ha).   Think provide diff activities for kids, and provide good sharing chance with parents like give VCD which record kids' activities etc.   I think that is quite good and make the study more interesting.  And the size of the school is not so big is another advantage.

We change to SC due to its name like many parents here, to compare, Think  (N1) hv more activities than SC (K1),  (may be SC is a bit too big so diff to arrange a school wide activities for every kids. )

I am contacting with some Think K2/K3 kids, most of them are studying in Full Time Mode (morning Main Stream, Afternoon International Stream), that is quite a unique and good arrangement for kinder kids if parents plans to let them to study in full time mode, their explosure will be better than the normal kinder's full day student.  However, the cost is high too.

Academically, as my Kid only study in K1, I do think SC and Think are quite similar level in Chinese / Math so far.   Buy my son study in SC's PTH/ENG class, so is better in PTH ability.   Both SC / Think are not as pushing as other famous kinder like KV  / KM / HKPS,   specailly in writing and reading. So we hv to put extra effort if want to hv kids start to read/ write earlier.    SC and Think are both working more on presentation practice and language ability.   But other SC parents told me fm K2/K3, SC will be a bit difficult to match with primary's requirment.  For Think, that arrangement is not so obvious, and  some Think's kids who study in international stream, they might left for primary after K2.

32#
發表於 10-3-2 17:13 |只看該作者
my friend told me that there is only one native Eng teacher for all the the N1 class in Think kln tong campus, is it true?

33#
發表於 10-3-2 22:28 |只看該作者

34#
發表於 10-3-3 09:11 |只看該作者
I don't know wether there is only 1 native teacher for all N classes but my girl has a native Eng. teacher every day for 1 hour class. For books to bring home, they have books to bring home in early year and the 2nd half year.

35#
發表於 10-3-3 17:47 |只看該作者
There's no homework for N class, just class work.
I think THINK focuses on Eng oral and listening more than reading and writing in N1, thus they don't have Eng books for kids to study. Just that they will tell the parents in the handbooks the Eng sentences / vocab they learn during lessons every week. Basically the themes of the Eng lesson is the same as that in Chinese.

THey do give us eng / chinese books for leisure reading with the kids. But then, these books are not related to the Themes taught during lessons. Guess it's just to develop kids' reading habits.

原帖由 Pertra 於 10-3-2 22:28 發表
我想請教為何N班有1小時英語,但不用帶書回家?因我發覺 booklist無英文書。有無習作簿?現在N有多少班、外籍老師、本地老師?

36#
發表於 10-3-3 18:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 twinsstar 於 10-3-3 17:47 發表
There's no homework for N class, just class work.
I think THINK focuses on Eng oral and listening more than reading and writing in N1, thus they don't have Eng books for kids to study. Just that they ...

n班有功課架,

我仔讀緊美孚分校的n班, 今年1月才插班的 (他係細仔), 每星期三都有功課, 星期五交, 係填色或聯線.

37#
發表於 10-3-3 21:04 |只看該作者
hi those mami,  我個仔都係讀美孚n班, 他是有功課要做的, 他上學期會有一d貼圖寫感想的功課 (當然是我這個媽咪幫手做的), 至於現在下學期就是一些填色和畫線的功課!!!

38#
發表於 10-3-3 22:33 |只看該作者
Think doesn't offer English book because they arrange their own curriculum for English.
And the max. number of students for a class would be 24.

39#
發表於 10-3-3 23:30 |只看該作者
He he ....  Sorry may be my previous message is a bit misleading. I was talking about N1 English homework.

Yes .. there's Chinese hw called 聽說樂. It is a kind of 親子 homework. For maths, there are exercises (circle sth, colouring etc) but it's not marked, we just revise it w/ the kids at home. But for English, if I remember it correctly,  there is no homework, just that I received a classwork book at the end of the term. I guess the kids do the Eng work at school.

That was the arrangment last year, I'm not sure if they have new arrangement this year or not. Correct me  if I'm wrong :)

原帖由 Yvonnehoney 於 10-3-3 21:04 發表
hi those mami,  我個仔都係讀美孚n班, 他是有功課要做的, 他上學期會有一d貼圖寫感想的功課 (當然是我這個媽咪幫手做的), 至於現在下學期就是一些填色和畫線的功課!!! ...

[ 本帖最後由 twinsstar 於 10-3-3 23:55 編輯 ]

40#
發表於 10-3-4 09:55 |只看該作者

朗思國際幼稚園課程是否太淺?

小女在朗思國際幼稚園就讀K2, 請問課程是否太淺?考直資或BAND 1 小一成功率高嗎 ?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題