搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 CDNIS vs FIS
發新帖
查看: 10597|回覆: 18
go

CDNIS vs FIS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-2-25 20:51 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My daughter got a place in Canadian International School and French International School. Can anyone share the comments on the schools cos I cannot make up my mind and not sure which one is more appropriate for my daugher.

[ 本帖最後由 yuenszewing 於 10-2-26 22:41 編輯 ]
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-2-25 22:39 |只看該作者
I know people who go to FIS.  That family has children in prep, kindergarten and secondary section.. and interestingly in French stream, intermediate stream and international stream.

From what I heard.. FIS is very competitive.  Teachers have high expecting of the children and their parents.  French education system is tough, whether for a French local or international.  French stream is more competitive than the international stream.  I don't think you have intention to enter the "lysee the fracais" stream... but in general FIS children are hardworking and has to be to survive in the classroom.

3#
發表於 10-2-26 09:30 |只看該作者

回覆 1# lottieclee 的文章

reflected in their  IB result. average 36.32( pacific average around 35, world average around 30) and over 30% got 40 points or more.- don't ask me which year, as i did not copied down the year information.

4#
發表於 10-2-26 10:25 |只看該作者

回覆 2# lottieclee 的文章

My daughter is studying in FIS for almost 5 year since reception. I agree with lottieclee. Studying in  FIS is tough. They have high expecting of the children and their parents. The children need hardworking to survive in the classroom.
  Beside FIS is British curriculum and Cdnis is Canadian curriculum.
  Honestly, I think FIS also has a lot inadequate so what are your most concern?
Academia, school life, school environment....etc?

5#
發表於 10-2-26 10:41 |只看該作者
Thanks for your comments.

To me, I concern most the academic achievement and the peers. Honestly CIS is my preference but still not sure whether I can get a place there. I would like to study in a school that the curriculum is similar to CIS and with outstanding academic results. Also, peers with good discipline and conducts.

Can anyone share more of the two schools so that I can have a better picture? Thanks very much!  

原帖由 KathyChing 於 10-2-26 10:25 發表
My daughter is studying in FIS for almost 5 year since reception. I agree with lottieclee. Studying in  FIS is tough. They have high expecting of the children and their parents. The children need hard ...

6#
發表於 10-2-26 16:50 |只看該作者
原帖由 yuenszewing 於 10-2-26 10:41 發表

To me, I concern most the academic achievement and the peers. Honestly CIS is my preference but still not sure whether I can get a place there. I would like to study in a s ...

Personally... if you are looking at academic achievement and peer behavior/attitude, you have nothing to worry about at FIS.  They push children real hard academically and the students have to be "all-rounders".. as I said.. French culture.  But you will get mandarin in CIS, but not in FIS wor.

7#
發表於 10-2-27 11:20 |只看該作者

回覆 1# yuenszewing 的文章

Honestly, CIS and FIS are all good schools, but enter to either one is not automatically to achieve good academic result. It is all depend to their parents.
  So if you are more concern to study Chinese, want more after school extra-curricular activities or bigger school size, then choose CIS.
  Mind you, in P5 and P6, both classes will move to Chai Wan campus.

8#
發表於 10-2-27 15:34 |只看該作者
If you are considering CIS, that means you are looking for a school with strong chinese program.  FIS definitely cannot meet that criteria for you.

You might also want to consider ISF, among all other schools you are considering.  Their chinese program is definitely strong, however, they are relatively new and their results are not proven yet.  Having said that, I heard ISF's also very demanding academically.

原帖由 yuenszewing 於 10-2-26 10:41 發表

To me, I concern most the academic achievement and the peers. Honestly CIS is my preference but still not sure whether I can get a place there. I would like to study in a s ...

9#
發表於 10-2-27 16:43 |只看該作者
kathy, may i know u put your children in int' or french section in FIS?
thanks

10#
發表於 10-2-27 18:04 |只看該作者
Can any one give me comments on Canadian International School ? Cos I believe it is really difficult to get a place in Chinese International School.

I will only know the result of CIS in mid or end March. While I already paid the deposit for Canadian school, if FIS is better than Canadian school, I will pay the reservation fees for FIS. Otherwise I will stay in Canadian School until I got a place in CIS.

For FIS, there is quite an amount on the non-refundable fees and I would like to seek all information before I made the decision.

Thanks   

原帖由 KathyChing 於 10-2-27 11:20 發表
Honestly, CIS and FIS are all good schools, but enter to either one is not automatically to achieve good academic result. It is all depend to their parents.
  So if you are more concern to study Chin ...

11#
發表於 10-2-28 11:59 |只看該作者

回覆 1# yuenszewing 的文章

Hi yuenszewing,

Sorry, I can't make any comment about Cdnis, cos I don't know this school too much.
  I just have some friends (not very close friends) whose children are studying happily in this school and that like this school very much. Because they said in these few year, the school put more effort in Chinese studying.

For BBIX,
  My child is studying in International stream.

12#
發表於 10-2-28 22:40 |只看該作者
hi, kathy, may i know how long u waited b4 u got offer fm FIS? and the result posted in FIS website which is fm international section or french section? thanks

13#
發表於 10-3-1 10:41 |只看該作者

回覆 12# BBIX 的文章

Hi BBIX,

Normally, they interview all have priority children first, and pick those have passed the interview. If they still have vacancy, they started to interview other children. So for me, I interview around March or April, and after one week, I call them rather my child pass the interview or not and then I received a letter to confirm.
  Sorry I don't know they will post the result in the web sites.

14#
發表於 10-3-1 15:15 |只看該作者
Kathy, I found the other forum said FIS allow kids smoke at school , even share the smoking room wz teacher, is it true? thanks

15#
發表於 10-3-2 12:06 |只看該作者

回覆 1# yuenszewing 的文章

Hi BBIX,

Sorry, I don't know much about the smoking problem at school, because the secondary campus is in the other  site. But I heard that there are some students smoking outside the school.

16#
發表於 10-3-2 13:15 |只看該作者
The teachers said it's not forbidden to have smoking after age 14 in France.  So I saw quite a lot teens (approx 10-20 persons) would smoke in break time and lunch time outside the FIS  (secondary school) front gate openly.  It should be nought against the FIS rule, I guess.

Please let me know if I'm wrong.

17#
發表於 10-3-2 13:34 |只看該作者
Many international high-school students smoke, whether FIS, CDNIS or not.

I was in international school myself.. and teachers didn't really stop use from smoking outside of school area.  They considered it as part of learning experience.. and their was health education and research on effect of smoking.  Mind you.. I smoked for about 6 months, and found that it was not worth it to try to be "cool"  and quit.  Many former classmates of mine don't smoke anymore now.

18#
發表於 10-3-2 14:16 |只看該作者
thanks to all!!

19#
發表於 10-3-7 09:45 |只看該作者
From the above comments and my other findings, FIS is strong on academic and languages, CDNIS is strong on arts, sports, & technology. Also, FIS is on UK curriculum, similar to CIS & GSIS. But CDNIS is on US curriculum, similar to HKIS. Thus, if the preference is going to CIS, it will be better to FIS. FIS has less discussion by people, but the graduates have gone to very good universities like Harvard and Oxbridge  (see www.fis.edu.hk Alumni - The graduates)

The other concern are that both CIS & CDNIS seem to have better school facilities than FIS and their Mandarin education is stronger.

[ 本帖最後由 zhangbaba 於 10-3-7 09:51 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題