密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Singapore International School
樓主: LifeSharing
go

Singapore International School [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 10-2-26 09:49 |只看該作者
My apology if anything I said made you or your son felt unsettled.  I have nothing against your son or his school.  It's just that his English, which, not bad though, sounds like something from an adult.

N.B. I have edited this post to correct the tone, which I agree doesn't sound quite right.

[ 本帖最後由 iamfine 於 10-2-26 09:59 編輯 ]

42#
發表於 10-2-26 17:14 |只看該作者

回覆 33# 一條毛 的文章

I am very pleased to have advice from your son in response to my queries.

I agreed that parents should be along with the small kids as necessary in doing some chats at internet. It may be difficult for small kids to digest "properly" the messages that they have seen in internet.

You are doing an excellent example here, thanks.

43#
發表於 10-2-28 18:17 |只看該作者
i heard from many comments that SIS is a  good school.

44#
發表於 10-10-20 12:42 |只看該作者

About SIS

I just pick up this old thread. Its nice that someone who is studying there shares what he/she experienced...

I admire SIS because I believe it can strike a good balance between academic training, discipline and non-conventional style of schooling. Can anyone advise :

1. I want my son to join PY2. He will finish K3 in a kindergarten's Eng-PTH stream this year. The chance of such is high ?

2. I visited Renaissance College a month ago. Saw that students in P1 were writing alphabets up to 60, (while local kindergartens are doing simple addition already). How is the academic level of SIS when compare to RC?

3. Again in RC, I saw students were pretty relaxing in classroom. They were allowed to lie on the floor when reading books. An extreme from conventional local schools of course. How about SIS ? At the middle of the 2 extremes or purely international ?

Hope to hear some advices !

45#
發表於 10-10-27 17:56 |只看該作者
I have a few questions about SIS. My son is only 5 months old, I'm now searching the information for his kindergartens, primary and secondary schools. As he's my first child, I'm totally have no ideas about choosing schools.

Like mom2006, I admire the well balance between academic and discipline in SIS, so I would like to get more information about this school...

1. which (kind of) kindergarten should my son enter that enables him to engage in SIS easier?
(Before I consider Victoria or Tutor Time, are they suitable for entering SIS?)

2. if the parents are not good eng speakers (actually my husband can speak well as he's back from overseas), is it difficult for my child to enter SIS / IS? If so, what can I do for him?

3. what is PY? I guess P should stands for primary, right?

4. when should I apply for SIS?

Sorry that many of my questions are so silly (like the meaning of PY), thanks for your kind advice.

46#
發表於 10-11-1 17:24 |只看該作者
On top of irene_the_pooh's Q1, I wish to know if SIS will accept graduates from KGs like HKPS international stream, i.e. Eng & PTH as the media of teaching? Any successful case here? Can they adapt to SIS's school life easily?

My daughter is studying N1 in HKPS(Ascot).  I wonder if I need to find an international KG for her or she can finish KG in HKPS(Ascot) if I want SIS to be her primary school.

Thanks a lot!!!

47#
發表於 10-11-1 21:42 |只看該作者
原帖由 mom2006 於 10-10-20 12:42 發表
I just pick up this old thread. Its nice that someone who is studying there shares what he/she experienced...

I admire SIS because I believe it can strike a good balance between academic training, d ...

I have visited SIS, one of the ESF school and also Renaissance College.
From what I can see is:
SIS:
simple classroom with table and chairs only, more like the HK local schools
Students do a lot of exercises/Worksheets in lessons. They have spelling tests almost every week. In chinese lesson, students would stand in front of the whole class and read.

ESF/RC:
There are 'home/play conrner' in the classrooms, you can see lots of students' works hanging up. They are not just simply writing/drawing pieces, but pieces of drawing with details and lebles like 'title-xxx', 'characters in the story- xxx', 'stroy begins with xxx', 'and then xxx' and 'finishs when xxx'.

We cannot compare ESF/RC with SIS. They are just so different from each other.
成功的人放眼於機會,失敗的人放眼於障礙。 生命長短我無法控制,但內容就可以由我發揮!

48#
發表於 10-11-21 12:36 |只看該作者
原帖由 irene_the_pooh 於 10-10-27 17:56 發表
I have a few questions about SIS. My son is only 5 months old, I'm now searching the information for his kindergartens, primary and secondary schools. As he's my first child, I'm totally have no ideas ...

I believe PY stands for Preparatory Year.  PY 1 is equivalent to K2 which is the earliest year of entry.  If you wish to apply, you should submit application after your child has started K1 as they require a school report (from Pre-nursery year).
‹ 上一主題|下一主題