搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 青衣聖多默
樓主: awywong
go

青衣聖多默 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 04-11-9 23:27 |只看該作者

Re: 青衣聖多默

I've just called St Thomas this morning.  They said my son is on the waiting list.  They'll confirm on 17Nov which I think it's the registration deadline for those already received acceptance letters.

22#
發表於 04-11-10 13:02 |只看該作者

NicolaLee,

Have you got the letter from St. Thomas?  Maybe you call them to check.

23#
發表於 04-11-10 14:05 |只看該作者

I think after 17NOV the last of register , some parent may cancel the seat. I think if you are on waiting list . Chance are good.

My BB PM class, now I am still consider ask for change AM class or not. Cause I saw 4 class in AM and 2 class in PM. I think 4 class in school is little bit noisy. If PM only 2 class that may be better. I am still consider pay or not?I think I will register and than after K1 if this school ok, I ask prinical change to AM class---

Any parent can share PM K1 is it good for BB or same as AM.

24#
發表於 04-11-10 14:15 |只看該作者

beautiful,

Is your BB a 細仔/女?  I wonder if they group big kids in the AM class and little kids in the PM class.  If they have less class in the afternoon, they can handle the lttle kids easier.

Don't worry too much on the PM class?  How's your BB's daily time table.  Let's see if s/he can be adjusted to fit into a PM class style.  I saw a comment from another discussion topic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
如你是working mom,其實下午班都有好處:
1/吾使剿佢起身麻,食完午飯就返學,佢咪當去街。
2/放學後sleep完,晚上自已會夜小小sleep,咁你放工仲有大把時間play with him。
3/佢未起身你就返左工,吾使比佢stick住走吾到。

我仔依家am class,朝朝都勞氣死我。有時我夜收工,返到去我dinner,bathing完,佢都夠鐘sleep,同我玩少左。
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you like this school very much?  If this is your first choice, then you can register first.  Can they give you the AM class seat once there's any cancellation?

What other kindergartens have you applied?  Do you have the result?

25#
發表於 04-11-10 18:11 |只看該作者

maria,beautiful,
我個是細女(dec),收左佢讀am class,我填表時只是撰了am only,我諗如果撰am/pm,佢就多數收你讀pm,因佢assume你無所謂.
不要讓孩子走上安逸之路,教他面對挫折,要讓他有一種危機感,培養抗逆能力。

26#
發表於 04-11-10 18:43 |只看該作者

peony2002,

My son was born in dec too.  I think his performance is not good enough then.  He's still talking in bb language.  Can your daughter speak much now?

Was your interview time 1pm on last Sat?  Your daughter look like the girl i saw on that day.

To me, I prefer AM class but PM class is also ok to me.  I just worry my son is easier to be impatient in the afternoon when he feel tired.

27#
發表於 04-11-10 22:04 |只看該作者

i've got the letter and my son is on waiting list (same as the result I talked to them on phone this morning).

let's see if there'll be any chance later.

cheer up !

28#
發表於 04-11-10 22:39 |只看該作者

Maria_lai,
I have got the letter too today. The result is my BB is on the waiting list.

29#
發表於 04-11-10 22:44 |只看該作者

NicolaLee,

Don't be so sad if you're not happy with this result.  Let's see if we can have the chance later.

:)

30#
發表於 04-11-10 22:51 |只看該作者

我個女都係waiting list,有d唔開心!
我諗遲d等到九龍塘d幼稚園放左榜,一定有好多人放棄個學位,所以想讀呢間學校都應該可以等下!

31#
發表於 04-11-10 22:52 |只看該作者

Maria_lai,

Thanks!

That may give me the easy way to make a decision between St Thomas and PLK Tin Ka Ping. I will pay the registration fee to PLK in next week first.

32#
發表於 04-11-11 00:46 |只看該作者

Everybody

My daugther is small BB too. As I remember last Saturday. In there many many studentsand parents in school. When interview in there ,  --nothing test my daughter , seating down with all other children. Only have 3 Miss looking them and than write down something in the file. I think that interview is not test BB , only see see BB little bit action.---nothing need to see parent face. I-I think no body knows how they count and what level they measure.

My daughter I think just lucky she OK in PM class. I will register in next week. I want my daughter choose one nearly and good envoirnment school. St Thomas which have. But only I concern is No homework , No test . I am afraid that style will difficult to catch up in P1 level. Anyway I will go ahead .

I had apply Choice also. That school not too many people in that Saturday. And each children interview together with parent --around 10 min. Ask question and play toys.
I got letter today , they accept AM class.

Finally I go for PLK also- This school I first time be there , and interview style totally difference with St Thomas. Ask the childern --name, apple, ,,,, and play some little toys. I think this school is totally test childern ability good or not?--But that school envoirnment I can't go inside to see.
My daughter OK accept in PM class.

I think many parent now thinking thinking which school give up or accept. I feel if some of you in St Thomas even now is on waiting list . But I think later have many space come out.

Don't give up everybody. And I hope all of you can choose one of the best to your BB.

33#
發表於 04-11-11 09:10 |只看該作者

beautiful,

Thx!!

I've got a letter from Choice too and it's AM class.  However, I may not register 'coz we prefer another one in MeiFoo.  My son will be having pre-nursery at there from Jan2005.

I'll wait to see if there's any seat for my son later.

34#
發表於 04-11-11 13:48 |只看該作者

I've also got letter from St Thomas and Choice for am class.  I'd like St Thomas.  But I'd hesitation on the teaching of English without a native English speaker lesson by St Thomas which Choice has.  Is there any comments for this.

All mother, please note that 4 am class and 2 pm class for St Thomas this year will make more noisy in am there.  The no. of am or pm classes depends on the available of rooms there. I note that there is 1 am class and 3 pm class this year.

honeyabc

35#
發表於 04-11-11 15:20 |只看該作者

各位媽咪,

我個女今年係st.thomas讀k3, 可以分享一下我個囡呢幾年既schedule比你地聽下,

k1 - 冇咩功課,多數連線練習, 但會有多些資料搜集.到下學期會有一些簡單既字寫,  e.g. A, 一, 田等等係可以應付得來的, 加上佢地既功課簿寫完仲可以畫公仔(k1-k3都可以)所以我個囡都好喜歡.

k2 - 開始會寫中英文生字, 都係冇默書的. 功課每日一樣.

k3 - 開始寫句子和默書, 中英都會, e.g. 郵差,我愛爸爸和媽媽 / kitchen, bedroom, It is a sitting room. 但佢地唔會叫默書,係叫溫習簿, (一星期各一次, 一早比左上學期範圍比我地,變左大把時間溫)  唔會有太大既壓力囉, 所以我個女都係係冇壓力既情況下默書, 我覺得幾好,唔會有分數. 只係用印仔, 功課每日兩樣. 唔知係咪咁樣, 我個囡好喜歡自己作文, 好多時唔識個d 字會問我地點寫. 加佢地學校都好多表演, 每年既散學禮k1-k3每一個小朋友都會有得表演, 唔會冇, 我個囡岩岩先係紅館表演完, 下星期聯校運動會又會有表演, 我覺得好好, 多些機會比佢地見識下.

唉....太長氣喇!  希望幫到你地.=)

36#
發表於 04-11-11 15:43 |只看該作者

honeyabc,

We have the same concern as yours but my husband and I still prefer St. Thomas.  Mmmm, it's just our own feeling and impression to the school.

Do you mean there'll be 4 am class and 2 pm class of K1 in 2005?  I've also heard this from another BK mom. However, we found this school info (sorry if it's not updated) at:

香港教育城 - 葵青區幼稚園

There're 7 classrooms in St. Thomas and the class distribution in 2004 is:
K1 - 1 am class and 3 pm classes
K2 - 4 am classes and 2 pm classes
K3 - 2 am classes and 2 pm classes

So, we assume there'll be 2 am classes and 2 pm classes (or total 4 classes) of K1 in 2005 while the current K3 students are gone.

Sorry if I'm wrong.

37#
發表於 04-11-11 16:07 |只看該作者

Umi,

Thx for your sharing.  It sounds good and doesn't give too much pressure to students.

The schedule is similar to my colleague's son whom is now studying in Victoria.  The big difference is there's no foreign teachers in St. Thomas while there're much in Victoria.  Also, the English time in St. Thomas is less than those international kindergartens.

38#
發表於 04-11-11 20:22 |只看該作者

Hi beautiful:

I also apply st.thomas and PLK,and both accept AM class.St.thomas environment is quite good, but I worry about will difficult to catch up in P1 as your mind. Do you know why PLK was  so popular in Tsing Yi?Will you give up PLK ?
http://hk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/porkce9131/detail?.dir=cc28&.dnm=ece7.jpg&.src=ph[img][img align=right]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid203/p835cd1ecb0e0acc0dcec99c9ed06d6d4/ef9265e0.jpg[/img]

39#
發表於 04-11-11 20:41 |只看該作者

Hi everyone,
my son got into next year's pm class too, but I would rather prefer in am. Basically I really like the scholl cos it is close to home and not expensive, but I too worried about the level of english teaching, is any parents can comment on this?

40#
發表於 04-11-11 23:04 |只看該作者

Dear 洋澄湖
I give up PLK , and will confirm go for St Thomas.
If compare PLK and St Thomas, I like St Thomas envoirnment.

Same as hohomun, St Thomas is close my home and not expenisve.

I think all of us is concern --is it enough ability catch up P1 and no English teacher in school.

I go there to pay register fee and give my daughter to this school. When she study in there.....
1) I will apply some Saturday english playing course with English teacher to my daughter study.

2) I will buy some out of school home work to give my daughter to do. But I think I need more time to train her by myself.

St Thomas at least is two lessons 3 langauges's school. They must give student basic kindergarten student knowledge.

Please tell anyone will go in Choice? Actually, if Choice school environment looks so old, I may consider!!!!!!!!

‹ 上一主題|下一主題