用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF WKS kindergarden student but failed get offer fr ...
樓主: AnGrydAdi
go

ESF WKS kindergarden student but failed get offer from ESF primary school [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 10-2-5 10:33 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

82#
發表於 10-2-5 10:39 |只看該作者
If your child is on the wait list,still have hope.If you got the message is failed, hurry up to apply the others,WKS won't give you a helping hands.

83#
發表於 10-2-5 10:46 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

84#
發表於 10-2-5 10:48 |只看該作者
原帖由 myjasmine 於 10-2-5 10:32 發表
i also think so!

I tried to ask WKS for the report to understand about the failure , WKS said they did ask the info from BHS but BHS did not respond?

Your case is worthwhile to go deeper with WKS/BHS.
Eventhough all 90 seats are occupied by Cat. 1 applicants in the first round, your daughter should be placed on the waitlist, and should be on top of other non-ESF cat. 2 applicants.
That is the Rule of the Game; and I don't think they should break the rule they set.

85#
發表於 10-2-5 10:55 |只看該作者
i also think so!

I tried to ask WKS for the report to understand about the failure , WKS said they did ask the info from BHS but BHS did not respond?

Personally I feel that BHS' screening standard is higher than DC as per my kid's experience.  So no surprise that DC accepts and BHS rejects and don't agree that "DC should have more western kids to apply that should a bit harder than BHS to get offer."

[ 本帖最後由 WYmom 於 10-2-5 10:57 編輯 ]

86#
發表於 10-2-5 10:59 |只看該作者
Angrydadi

Did your kid pass an interview and was placed in waiting list due to over interviewing of applicants or your kid did not pass the interview?

It is too sad to know that the successful rate in WKS kinder is so low which is completely different from TY ESF kinder where most of kids from my son's class got dual or at least one offer.

If you have got the waiting list from RC, the chance is really high as I know a number of  kids from ESF TY will give up RC offer and choose ESF
Primary school.

I guess you need to consult the school for feedback report about the interviewing performance. Actually, ESF TY provides K3 class for those who are not getting offer in primary school but of course subject to the kindergarten’s discretion.

I have to say ESF TY kinder is doing very good for preparing kids for primary school interview. A week or a few days before interview, children from same interview time slot would group together to meet another class teacher (the one they are not familiar with though they may know her) for class activities instead of their home teacher. (It was told by my son and his classmate and the kinder did not tell the parents about such arrangement) .

Good luck and Add oil.

87#
發表於 10-2-5 11:00 |只看該作者
i also think so!

WTF, BHS like a responsible school? call the principal directly and ask them fax immediately and tell them u r waiting on facsimile side

88#
發表於 10-2-5 11:07 |只看該作者
jjson,
Yes, i also get to know from my friend that TY kinder did a lot more than WKS to help preparing the kids for the interview!  In fact, many parents there are not satisfied with WKS and some did and some are planning to withdraw.

WKS said BHS did not respond to their request for the interview report.  Do you think it is normal? or is it normal for us to request for such report to understand more?

89#
發表於 10-2-5 11:07 |只看該作者
原帖由 jjson 於 10-2-5 10:59 發表
Angrydadi

Did your kid pass an interview and was placed in waiting list due to over interviewing of applicants or your kid did not pass the interview?

It is too sad to know that the successful rat ...

It is too sad to know that the successful rate in WKS kinder is so low which is completely different from TY ESF kinder where most of kids from my son's class got dual or at least one offer.

same group but completely different result for placement

I believe none in WKS got dual offers.

As know more from other group kinda. placement result, more hurt, more painful

I just want to cry now although i'm a man

HEART-BREAKING now

90#
發表於 10-2-5 11:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 anpanman 於 10-2-5 10:33 發表
AnGrydAdi        ,

Have u apply RC/DC?

Applied RC but the worst my son even doesn't in waitlist

91#
發表於 10-2-5 11:13 |只看該作者
原帖由 jjson 於 10-2-5 10:59 發表
Angrydadi

It is too sad to know that the successful rat ...

If TY's hit rate remains high, it is more likely to be a "system" matter rather than individual performance during interview.
Comparing apple to apple, why WKS hit rate is terribly low?
A. All WKS kids were underperform during interview?
B. All WKS applicants were "labelled" during interview?
C. What did WKS do after the interview? The school cannot say "I don't know", as mentioned in the website:
"No ESF Kindergarten child will be turned down before the Primary school staff have discussed the situation with the kindergarten"

92#
發表於 10-2-5 11:17 |只看該作者
原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-5 11:09 發表

Applied RC but the worst my son even doesn't in waitlist

Have u contacted the school regarding reason of failure?
Last year, a few parents posted in BK that RC was willing to share the reason(s) behind.
That does not sounded realistic where no Cat 1 / Cat 2 differenitation in RC and WKS applicants should be in Priority 2 (Priority 1 are those with siblings).

93#
發表於 10-2-5 11:20 |只看該作者
原帖由 WYmom 於 10-2-5 10:55 發表

Personally I feel that BHS' screening standard is higher than DC as per my kid's experience.  So no surprise that DC accepts and BHS rejects and don't agree that "DC should have more western kids to ...

I don't know their standard but DC is far away from downtown is truth

94#
發表於 10-2-5 11:21 |只看該作者
Myjasmine

I think it is normal to request for a feedback report from BHS if your kid was failed in the interview as you need to find out the reason for failure and look for improvement.
However, if your kid passed the interview but was placed in the waiting list due to over interviewing of applicants then it may not be too helpful though you still can ask for it.

95#
發表於 10-2-5 11:24 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 10-2-5 11:13 發表

If TY's hit rate remains high, it is more likely to be a "system" matter rather than individual performance during interview.
Comparing apple to apple, why WKS hit rate is terribly low?
A. All WKS ki ...

Cool...
i love ur questions.

A. All WKS kids were underperform during interview?
B. All WKS applicants were "labelled" during interview?
C. What did WKS do after the interview? The school cannot say "I don't know", as mentioned in the website:
"No ESF Kindergarten child will be turned down before the Primary school staff have discussed the situation with the kindergarten"

maybe i need to write down some questions that can send or ask the ESF CE directly

Thanks ur idea...

96#
發表於 10-2-5 11:27 |只看該作者
原帖由 waiwai123 於 10-2-5 10:39 發表
If your child is on the wait list,still have hope.If you got the message is failed, hurry up to apply the others,WKS won't give you a helping hands.

WKS can't help anymore so I going to liaise withESF head office

97#
發表於 10-2-5 11:27 |只看該作者
i also think so!

http://www.esf.org.hk/esf_kindergarten/primary/primary.asp

don't tell me it is a fraudulent website.

98#
發表於 10-2-5 11:30 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 10-2-5 11:17 發表

Have u contacted the school regarding reason of failure?
Last year, a few parents posted in BK that RC was willing to share the reason(s) behind.
That does not sounded realistic where no Cat 1 / Cat  ...

i still waiting the report from WKS that they should have got the copy of all their students interview feedback from ESF primary/RC/DC

99#
發表於 10-2-5 11:31 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

100#
發表於 10-2-5 11:32 |只看該作者

回覆 1# AnGrydAdi 的文章

For the kid's primary/future education, I almost quit my job to sourcing suitable school who still have vacancy or short waiting list.

i really care of his future development
‹ 上一主題|下一主題