用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF WKS kindergarden student but failed get offer fr ...
樓主: AnGrydAdi
go

ESF WKS kindergarden student but failed get offer from ESF primary school [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-2-4 17:48 |只看該作者

回覆 2# bakusensei 的文章

ESF kindergarden don't have K3 provided.

while i don't know ymca/ywca

22#
發表於 10-2-4 17:49 |只看該作者

回覆 2# tamm 的文章

Hope so... thx

23#
發表於 10-2-4 17:56 |只看該作者

回覆 1# AnGrydAdi 的文章

From begin, why our parent choose ESF WKS kindergarden,

We believe they can provide better study environment for our kids

their teaching method should no difference with other ESF kindergarden.

ESF primary school highly accept ESF kindergarden study method and can seamless integrate to primary school

Good relationship between ESF kindergarden and primary school

(personal view) ESF kindergarden have priority to ESF primary school

Finally, all of us are TOTALLY  WRONG

[ 本帖最後由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 17:57 編輯 ]

24#
發表於 10-2-4 18:02 |只看該作者

回覆 1# AnGrydAdi 的文章

If i still have good memory and I'm not wrong,

I remember both SJS and RCHK's head told us kids not must use english to answer question and they don't want the kids who trained for interview.

That's why we follows the principal's instruction to play with our kids and let them have a relax environment to learn from play.

Finally, we found that WE ARE WRONG.

ESF Principals are you joking with us???

25#
發表於 10-2-4 19:01 |只看該作者
原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 18:02 發表
If i still have good memory and I'm not wrong,

I remember both SJS and RCHK's head told us kids not must use english to answer question and they don't want the kids who trained for interview.

That' ...

I think we find another kinders for their K3 study is the best way we can do now..........

26#
發表於 10-2-4 19:17 |只看該作者
Don't worry,except ESF still have good IS  in HK.

27#
發表於 10-2-4 21:22 |只看該作者
anGrydAdi, pls check pm.

28#
發表於 10-2-4 22:31 |只看該作者
the result as i knew, many many ywca, ymca, kingston, david... kids got SJS, RC offer few days ago as well and the percentage sure times higher than WKS.

If it is really true that SJS and RC would not take certain WKS students but are offering places to YMCA or Kingston students instead, I believe they have their reasons. In a school point of view, I do not think SJS or RC would purposely reject WKS students. The only reason I can think of would be that the kids that were rejected did not pass the admission process.

Of course, if you can dig out effidence that WKS has in the pass provided false information to parents, so that parents have been misled into believing that ESF primary school has to provide places to all WKS students, then I believe you should file a complaint. Otherwise, I really do not see any grounds of your complaint.

29#
發表於 10-2-4 22:31 |只看該作者
I am also very very disappointed of ESF arrangement. We joined WKS this year just because we believed that the ESF kindergartener should be given the higher priority in its primary school. All my colleagues, their kids were admitted in ESF primary schools a few years ago had never encountered the problem of over-subscription. My daughter is not on the waitlist of BHS even though she was sucessful at interview. So ridiculous! So crazy! The no. of ESF primary schools are more than the kindergartens, how come there are insufficient places? My daughter's English is very outstanding that teacher's commented on her report that "she is a fluent English speaker that she can speak complicated English sentence". Just because we are Cat 2 without foreign passport that we are being neglected? Today, we sent applications to other international schools. Hope there will be some places available. My daughter can't u-turn to main stream school. I am deeply disappointed and angry with the ESF arrangement!

30#
發表於 10-2-4 22:37 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

31#
發表於 10-2-4 22:42 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

32#
發表於 10-2-4 23:11 |只看該作者
Did you talk to the principal yet?  But I heard from other parents that only 5 mins were arranged to discuss with principal and she only provided you a full list other IS's contacts, no use at all.

I don't want my son who is K1 at WKS to be the victim of next year.  As I know, there will have a performance for celebrating Lunar new year on next Friday and we can attend it and stay in school.  Don't you think we can deliver our concern to school on that day?  I think the ESF group does not want to raise this issue to public as we  can expect how big the negative impact to be on WKS.

I will seriously consider to withdraw my son from WKS if the school cannot fix this well.  

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 17:56 發表
From begin, why our parent choose ESF WKS kindergarden,

We believe they can provide better study environment for our kids

their teaching method should no difference with other ESF kindergarden.

ESF ...

33#
發表於 10-2-4 23:20 |只看該作者

回覆 1# bearman5788 的文章

talked to xxma and got a list of hk intl school.

what a good list!

I bet all of u should have this list before principal pass to you.

you should have the list when you choose apply WKS k2 or k1

34#
發表於 10-2-4 23:23 |只看該作者

回覆 4# anpanman 的文章

congratulations!

you are the first one who i heard got offer without sibling in RC

35#
發表於 10-2-4 23:24 |只看該作者
Are you jumping into conclusion? By attending ESF Kinder, it only gives you 'priority' for an interview and NOT a place in ESF primary.  Also, in the guideline, it stated that admission in a ESF Kinder for at least 2 terms the kid can enjoy this 'priority' for an interview.  For this year's WKS kids, they have only attended the school for one term so that might be the reason that they are place lower in the ESF Kinder list.  This is just my guess but do remember, passing the screening interview is the key.
原帖由 bearman5788 於 10-2-4 23:11 發表
Did you talk to the principal yet?  But I heard from other parents that only 5 mins were arranged to discuss with principal and she only provided you a full list other IS's contacts, no use at all.

I ...

36#
發表於 10-2-4 23:35 |只看該作者
hm....  I start to wonder how they pick the students.  how good the english level ur kid is?  Capable to communicate in english fluently?  And what did they do at interview?  Some people said there will have no chance if kid speaks one word of Cantonese during interview.  Is that true?

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 23:20 發表

what a good list!

you should have the list when you choose apply WKS k2 or k1 ...

37#
發表於 10-2-4 23:36 |只看該作者

回覆 1# CSJ安樂窩 的文章

it doesn't matter that kids join esf kindergarden 1 or 2 terms or more.

join 2 terms it won't teach you more than 2 terms' knowledge

k1 teach k1 knowledges, k2 as well

kids join in k2 should same as kids go up from k1 in kindergarden

i also think kindergarden have already screening our kids that the level should no much difference

38#
發表於 10-2-4 23:36 |只看該作者
Don't blame on the principal. The decision is made by the primary school. It is the problem of
ESF Group. Not the WKS kindergarten, teachers, or any staffs.

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 23:20 發表

what a good list!

you should have the list when you choose apply WKS k2 or k1 ...

39#
發表於 10-2-4 23:40 |只看該作者
no conclusion yet.  I raised my same concern to the class teacher during the parent meeting before and she just asked me to be relax, and said around 95% of the students can go straight to ESF school according to pass experiences.  Thus, I keep playing with son all the time without focusing the academic.  May be it is time to pick up the pencil with him again.....

原帖由 CSJ安樂窩 於 10-2-4 23:24 發表
Are you jumping into conclusion? By attending ESF Kinder, it only gives you 'priority' for an interview and NOT a place in ESF primary.  Also, in the guideline, it stated that admission in a ESF Kinde ...

40#
發表於 10-2-4 23:40 |只看該作者

回覆 2# bearman5788 的文章

my kid can talk with my western friends in english, of course not in single word but in sentence around 8 word

I 100% confirmed the SJS&RC principal tell us kids not must talk in english when interview coz they are chinese and it's normal if they have 1 or 2 chinese in a sentence

what do u think then
‹ 上一主題|下一主題