密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 蔡繼有 vs 弘立
樓主: kidsmother
go

蔡繼有 vs 弘立 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-2-3 00:05 |只看該作者
Ok honestly CKY is at my top preference. Just I still consider that my daughter might take a long time to adapt the environment for her passive character. Thus I just choose between traditional school or intl like school.

One thing that I like ISF is their discipline requirement. Not many people might agree. However, I think discipline training is very important at junior stage.

原帖由 kidsmother 於 10-2-2 09:53 發表
Is your daughter going to CKY next year? Or other school? would you mind telling which school you finally chose and the reasons that you chose that school? thanks.

Work hard moms!

22#
發表於 10-2-3 10:57 |只看該作者
Excluding money factor, I think ISF may be better because at least it is now an IB school whereas CKY is not (except for the logic that it must go for otherwise all students will leave, it seems there is no announced plan how CKY is going to get IB. It seems it is not even a candidate school).  

原帖由 kcPooh 於 10-2-3 00:05 發表
Ok honestly CKY is at my top preference. Just I still consider that my daughter might take a long time to adapt the environment for her passive character. Thus I just choose between traditional school ...

23#
發表於 10-2-3 15:58 |只看該作者
kidsmother, your concern is valid but if you take a closer look at the timeline, it doesn't strike one by surprise.  Here's my observation:
Once a school applies as a candidate school, it will start to pay. And it will take about a year to get authorisation as an IB World School (pay even more then).  
Take DBS as an example, it should start its IBDP in 2010/11 and a so-called foundation year for F4 students this year (2009/10). But I'm not sure if it has been authorised as a World School by IBO.
Take SPCC as another example, it has just secured its candidate school status this year and is planning to start its preparatory year in 2010/11.  Ideally, it will then be authorised in time for its offering of IBDP in 2011/12.
For CKY, its plan is to offer IBDP to its Y11-12 students.  Now the highest year is only Y9.  If the school is cautious about numbers (and I think it should), it could apply for candidate status in 2010/11, then ideally get authorisation as a World School in 2011/12.
Don't confuse IBDP with MYP and PYP. A school may only be eyeing on the IBDP but not the other two IB programmes.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題