密      碼:
搜索
發新帖
查看: 5429|回覆: 11
go

KCIS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-12-27 23:38 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Is it difficult to get into KCIS P1 if my kid is not from KCIS kindergarten?  What is the standard of Chinese when comparing with local school and the standard of English when compared with other international schools such as SIS?  Any existing parents can share the experience.  Thanks.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-12-28 12:33 |只看該作者
The mandarin standard of KCIS is good than the other international school in Hong kong. In primary one chinese homework is on every Wed and Fri of the week. They can speak fluent in both mandarin and english. The english homework is on Tue and Fri of the week. My kid can do the homework  and read the book independently. Beside the teacher of KCIS is good. KCIS is a good place for children's learning and growing. I will not consider SIS for my kid because the homework is too much just like some local school but I think the english standard of SIS is good. My kid is not from KCIS kindergarten. The interview is about 20 minutes and is conduct by the senior native english teacher. Drawing, playing and answer with some simple question are included in the interview. I hope the above  infromation can help you.

3#
發表於 09-12-28 23:27 |只看該作者
Many thanks for your information.  Hearsay from someboday that KCIS will upgrade the Chinese standard by using the local primary school Chinese book.  Is it true?  What is the student mix, i.e. are there many HK people?  I cannot find from their web the interivew date and do you know when it will be taken.  I've already submitted the application.

4#
發表於 09-12-29 11:15 |只看該作者
In KCIS there are mainly HK children inside the class and mixed with some US, UK, Australian etc. My kid's private mandarin teacher at home also told me that the chinese textbook is from local stream. Don't worry the chinese standard of KCIS is good. Last year my kid go to interview is around March. Be sure that your kid can speak fluent in both mandarin and english the sucessful rate is greater. I think KCIS will accept the kids from real international kindergarten and not the international class of the local kindergarten. GOOD LUCK!

5#
發表於 09-12-29 23:28 |只看該作者
Many thanks and glad to hear that KCIS is using the local stream textbook.  My kid is not from international kindergarten but is fluent in English but not in Mandarin.  Hope to get an offer.

6#
發表於 10-1-5 18:11 |只看該作者
To all KCIS parent,

my daughter also will have an interview for application of P1.

Which secondary school that u planned to send your child to?

Except the tution fee, any "extra expense" would be paied monthly?

thanks

[ 本帖最後由 澳門傻媽媽 於 10-1-5 18:13 編輯 ]

7#
發表於 10-1-5 18:16 |只看該作者

KCIS

Sorry, which one is KCIS ?

8#
發表於 10-1-6 19:26 |只看該作者
KCIS is Kiangsu and chekiang primary school (international section)

9#
發表於 10-1-20 22:16 |只看該作者
蘇浙國際班 Vs victoria 英普班, which one is better ??

10#
發表於 10-1-21 22:46 |只看該作者
what is your standard of good?

原帖由 carliecheung 於 10-1-20 22:16 發表
蘇浙國際班 Vs victoria 英普班, which one is better ??

11#
發表於 10-1-22 00:04 |只看該作者
they born use mandarin and english . I expect  they are in same standard ~ dont know how to choose between them.

12#
發表於 10-2-1 22:47 |只看該作者
In KCIS, the class teacher is a native English speaker.  There is 30 minutes Mandarin session everyday. Apart from the Mandarin session, the class is lead by the class teacher and her assistance.
They both speak in English.

As far as I know, the Eng-Put class in Victoria is using both languages in the class.
It means the usage of both languages are 50/50.

原帖由 carliecheung 於 10-1-22 00:04 發表
they born use mandarin and english . I expect  they are in same standard ~ dont know how to choose between them.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題