教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Victoria vs Anfield
發新帖
查看: 5356|回覆: 13
go

Victoria vs Anfield [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

1#
發表於 09-12-23 00:20 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Which one should I choose for K1?? Any comments?  Please help.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-12-23 11:40 |只看該作者
原帖由 mrshoho 於 09-12-23 00:20 發表
Which one should I choose for K1?? Any comments?  Please help.

I suggest not going to Victoria if you are targeting IS in primary.

醒目開學勳章

3#
發表於 09-12-23 18:38 |只看該作者
oooray, can you explain further??
Is Anfield very different from Victoria?

4#
發表於 09-12-24 09:10 |只看該作者
Anfield is an international school with focus on English (Chinese is minimal).  they prepare students for ESF.  (my son studied the playgroup)

i understand that Victoria is a "combination" of international and local cirriculum.  (but we don't have experience with V, but we attended the open day)

5#
發表於 09-12-24 09:57 |只看該作者
Victoria is billingual class and the curriculum adopts IB module.

My son was in Anfield playgroup as well as prep program and then studied in Victoria for K1-K2.

He studies in RC this year.

English environment is important, however, many international schools stress on chinese (and Putonghua) learning too.  Therefore, whatever you choose, you should prepare your kid for both languages.

原帖由 qlong 於 09-12-24 09:10 發表
Anfield is an international school with focus on English (Chinese is minimal).  they prepare students for ESF.  (my son studied the playgroup)

i understand that Victoria is a "combination" of interna ...

6#
發表於 09-12-24 10:27 |只看該作者
[quote]原帖由 mrshoho 於 09-12-23 18:38 發表
oooray, can you explain further??
If you would like to go for International Schools in Primary and Secondary, Anfield curriculum will match what you need (of course there are many other good International Kindergarten);
If you like Victoria's (50% Chinese/50% English) environment and would like to stay in local primary system, go for it.
In my opinion, even though Victoria named as "International Kindergarten", most of graduates are staying in local system. They are happy kindergarten and most parents "feel good" as being one of Victoria parents. (Personally, I think it is the most successful achievement Victoria's management has done).
My experience was that they are totally different styles. So make sure what are you expecting before choosing either one.

7#
發表於 09-12-24 10:52 |只看該作者
原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-12-24 09:57 發表
Victoria is billingual class and the curriculum adopts IB module.

My son was in Anfield playgroup as well as prep program and then studied in Victoria for K1-K2.

He studies in RC this year.

English ...

Hi Radiomama,
Just curious to ask how do you comment your son's school life in Victoria? In which area it was good and it was inadequate?
We were on the same boat, then I jumped the boat (Victoria, i was a little bit disappointed by the PN teacher there); then we are in the same boat (RC) again.

醒目開學勳章

8#
發表於 09-12-24 22:22 |只看該作者
qlong, what is your experience like at Anfield?  I have been reading many comments on Anfield on BK and many parents said that Anfield is a happy and caring school, but do kids get to learn a lot at school?  Or just play around?

9#
發表於 09-12-25 16:04 |只看該作者
My boy is now in Anfield K1.  He started with Anfield when he was 1.5 yr until now, so far, we are happy with the school regarding teachers and management.
Anfield is a small school but the teachers are very caring.  The teachers & staff know the children well by their names.  Although no writing or homework in K1, only bring one book back each week for home reading.  I think my boy has learnt quite a lot through play.  They have structured program, half an hour Mandarin every day + (Mon-Library; Tue-music; Wed-cooking; Thurs-PE lession), 1 field trip per teaching theme (around every 1 month), annual school sports day, christmas performance party....
Just bare in mind, no Cantonese/Chinese writing in Anfield, so if you planned to send your child to IS, then Anfield is one of the choices; if planned for local school, perhaps should go for Victoria.

Just my 2 cents.

原帖由 mrshoho 於 09-12-24 22:22 發表
qlong, what is your experience like at Anfield?  I have been reading many comments on Anfield on BK and many parents said that Anfield is a happy and caring school, but do kids get to learn a lot at s ...

10#
發表於 09-12-26 22:28 |只看該作者
Yes, i agree that Anfiled is a happy and caring school.  my boy studied the playgroup; he gets used to the pattern of going to schools, say disciplines, sharing, following instructions, patience to work.  obviously, he becomes more interested in learning English.  be frank, when going to playgroup, he is still very young; the improvement is very good (I think)

qlong, what is your experience like at Anfield?  I have been reading many comments on Anfield on BK and many parents said that Anfield is a happy and caring school, but do kids get to learn a lot at s ...

醒目開學勳章

11#
發表於 09-12-28 00:13 |只看該作者
thank you everyone for your comments!!!

12#
發表於 10-1-6 10:28 |只看該作者
Is it easier to go to esf on primary if studied in anfield during kindergarten?

13#
發表於 10-1-13 09:40 |只看該作者
Yes, Anfield prepares students for ESF admission
(especially comparing with Victoria)

原帖由 澳門傻媽媽 於 10-1-6 10:28 發表
Is it easier to go to esf on primary if studied in anfield during kindergarten?

14#
發表於 10-1-25 09:49 |只看該作者

It depends how you see "playing".  If you go to Anfield or any other real and true international kindergarten... the learning style is learning through play.  Structured play activities allow child to be creative, learn through senses and exploration.  You won't see writing and phonics in IS.  Play is learning through 5 senses... Phonics at kindergarten level... I feel... not to be rude... memorization and categorization skills, which helps reading somewhat.. and not phonics is not the complete story when learning a language.

Well presented structured play activities conducted in places like Anfield (I have only observed students there due to work), can only be done with experienced and caring teachers.  If the children are happy, it also tells you how good the teachers are.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題