密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 瑪利曼小學 瑪利曼中學第一輪一個mps都唔收?
樓主: 瑪利曼
go

瑪利曼中學第一輪一個mps都唔收? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 12-3-16 22:38 |只看該作者
我覺得聽落都幾擔心, my second daughter is also at the MPS P2, 以前我個個朋友都話MPS 應該讀得好開心, 因為女兒比較外向.  點知今年上了2年班後, 每天都擔心老師"red mark"....變得提心吊膽.  以為這間學校有別於一般的local school, 老師們會比較新派, 接受力比較強.  但原來是一樣的, 動不動便red mark, 老師們永遠看不到和嘗試去欣賞孩子的好處, 如果有選擇和沒有金錢上的負擔, 我想我一定會選擇入國際學校, 起碼自己會少點兒pressure.....

22#
發表於 12-3-18 15:39 |只看該作者
你未見識過其他local school , MPS 已經算好輕鬆同少壓力啦,欠交功課寫下手冊咪算小事囉,作為學生交齊功課係本份,唔想寫red mark咪盡量交齊功課囉。

23#
發表於 12-3-19 21:19 |只看該作者
The problem is: when my daugther was admitted in P,1, we expect that as Catholic school, it should protect the development of the character of the children more.
That is why we choose this school: more development and less useless pressure. However, when it comes to the secondary admission, it totally dismiss this objective.  If MSS is really admitting less and less MPS girls, do CLC or the MSS principal believe in the education objective of MPS? Does she only admit girls in the first round only be bands?

24#
發表於 12-4-1 22:51 |只看該作者
teachers blame tht the english standard of students in 1D is bad

25#
發表於 12-4-2 22:59 |只看該作者
Did they blame that the English standard of MPS girls are lower!?
I cannot beiieve it is.

Even if there are, as a good teacher, can they help them raise their standard? Are this is what a school, especially a Catholic school, means to do?

26#
發表於 12-4-14 00:44 |只看該作者
bebe135, I agree.  When I sent my daughter to MPS, I did expect it to be a Catholic school and the school would recognize the 'gifts' in each student.  My daughter has not been happy in the past 3 years (P3-P6) as she is not a top student.  She reads extensively, fascinated about world history and culture, wildlife and marine life.  But she says her teachers do not care, they only care about the top students.  I heard from the homeroom teacher myself (in P3 parent interview), calling some students 'bad' students just because they did not perform well.  The homeroom (according to my daughter) also asked other students not to play with the so-called 'bad' student.  I felt so bad about my girl's schoolmate and was totally disappointed with the school.

27#
發表於 12-6-8 18:10 |只看該作者
My girl was MPS student and she told me that her homeroom teacher was always quarrelled with her classmate who had emotional problem during the lesson.  The teacher is rude, impatient and not caring......I heard some parents wrote the complaint letters to the principal but the teacher is still working here.

28#
發表於 12-6-9 15:30 |只看該作者
那位班主任 好似出咗名惡,but other than her I heard that teachers in other classes and other forms are good and very nice. Anyway good luck to u and hope u will not meet 'her' in next academic year.

29#
發表於 12-6-13 19:21 |只看該作者
My daughter has 'that' same homeroom for 3 years, she is really out of luck!

30#
發表於 12-8-1 18:21 |只看該作者
回復 lijacq 的帖子

My daughter will be in P3 in Sep. She has been very happy at school. Not a problem at all. Yes, they do have a red mark system but I see it as a training to remind the girls to attend to their own affairs. My girl has a few but she understands it's her responsibility to have missed something. She never blames the teacher for being too harsh. There are girls who create trouble for teachers (taking care of 33 in a class) & are behind academically. As far as my daughter's class teacher is concerned, she has done a lot to help bring the girls up to speed (eg. in Chinese). I really appreciate her.

點評

Abbie_mimi  Agree. red mark is minimum to remind the girls their responsibilities.  發表於 12-10-30 22:12

31#
發表於 12-10-30 22:09 |只看該作者
bebe135 發表於 12-3-19 21:19
The problem is: when my daugther was admitted in P,1, we expect that as Catholic school, it should p ...
As I know, the overall admission rate of MPS to MSS is around 60 to 70% in last few years. It's not low. All girls should have some pressure in exam and own their responsibilities in studying.

Compared with other local schools, the pressure is low, I think. At least you won't see the top ten list or placement of every students in the class. I heard from parents in other schools complaining about the difference of 0.3 marks in average but the place dropped out of top 10.

Most girls have happy life in MPS.

32#
發表於 12-10-30 22:12 |只看該作者
Kiufyma 發表於 12-6-8 18:10
My girl was MPS student and she told me that her homeroom teacher was always quarrelled with her cla ...
The quality of class teacher varies. Yes, I heard some class teachers are rude. Actually girls will have new class teacher every year (except P5 & P6 are the same). So, your girl will have another class teacher next year. Don't worry.

33#
發表於 12-10-30 22:16 |只看該作者
I just want to say some teachers are very good and have heart in education. Don't always think that if the teacher is harsh or scold students, she is bad. My daughter also had one class teacher who's famous in scolding students. Somehow I found that she's the best class teacher I ever met. She still has the heart but sometime over-react. She can remember the behavior and characteristics of each student (at that time 40 students each class).
‹ 上一主題|下一主題