搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Give up KV or SC?
查看: 4255|回覆: 25
go

Give up KV or SC? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-12-16 19:23 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Give up KV (am) or SC (am)
any parents have just made that tough decision?

can you share with me how you made the decision? what are the most critical factors?

my own problem is that I share different views with my husband - I like SC and he prefers KV.

My reasons - good Eng; better choice if your dream school is DBS; kids are relatively smart and creative.

His reasons (and agree as well) - good academic foundation; kids are disciplined; do their homeworks by their own; like reading books.

I have paid the registration fees for both school and want to release one asap for those in the waiting list.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-12-16 20:10 |只看該作者
我相信你出呢個POST可能又會引起另一番口舌之爭...
讀KV的媽咪會話KV呢樣好SC果樣衰,讀SC的媽咪會話SC呢樣好KV果樣衰,所以你係唔會得到你想要的客觀答案的...
最需要咩嘢只有你自己先會知道...

[ 本帖最後由 cutecutewing 於 09-12-16 20:15 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 09-12-16 20:17 |只看該作者
原帖由 kittynmelody 於 09-12-16 19:23 發表

can you share with me how you made the decision? what are the most critical factors?

my own problem is that I share differe ...

問下自己仔仔最大機會會入咩類型既學校 (唔係你想,係最大機會)
問下自己仔仔咩性格

4#
發表於 09-12-16 20:28 |只看該作者
Everybody here can tell the differences between SC and KV.  I gave up KV already, I didn't register actually.  Both of them are good school, you need to make your own choice as it really depends on how your child fits in (I think it should not depends on what parents want), nobody knows your child better than you do.

I decided to let my daughter go into SC as she's kind of active, don't think she would fit in KV style, someone said it maybe better if she go into KV to learn good discipline, I just want her remains as her, nah, dun wanna change her, this is her character.  

Better make up your mind soon and release the place asap so people who really wants it could get it soon enough.

Cheers!

醒目開學勳章 貢獻勳章

5#
發表於 09-12-16 21:08 |只看該作者
真係好睇小朋友性格, 同埋你buy邊套.. 最煩係你兩公婆傾唔掂數啫~
我個人覺得: KV係一間extreme d嘅學校,  但係上傳統小學好需要自己做功課呢種訓練, 我唔揀係因為怕小朋友失去某d特質 e.g. creativity; SC嘅小朋友應該會creative d, 但又未到好活動教學嗰d, 學術上係中上, 但係就無咗做功課嘅特訓.. 咁我又好想小朋友自己做到功課喎...
最後諗唔掂, 既然呢個世界無完美嘅學校, 兩間都唔交留位費! 留守原校!

6#
發表於 09-12-16 22:13 |只看該作者
Yes, the major problem is that my husband and I couldn't reach a consensus! really headache! I should re-phrase my question - how (what is the best way) to negotiate with my husban and come to an agreement (but I know it's difficult, if not impossible! haha ....)

I understand that parents of the two schools would definitely say good things about the schools their kids are attending. In fact, all my friends did! Each of them persuaded me to opt for the school his/her kids're attending.

But surely, all should know that both are v. good schools - just with different emphasis.

原帖由 小曳人 於 09-12-16 21:08 發表
真係好睇小朋友性格, 同埋你buy邊套.. 最煩係你兩公婆傾唔掂數啫~
我個人覺得: KV係一間extreme d嘅學校,  但係上傳統小學好需要自己做功課呢種訓練, 我唔揀係因為怕小朋友失去某d特質 e.g. creativity; SC嘅小朋友 ...

7#
發表於 09-12-16 22:19 |只看該作者
by the way - my son's now attending an international school. He's active and out-going, but a bit spoilt (by 'che che ' and grandparents).

Nearly all of my friends said that he's more suitable to study at St. Cat; probably because their activity-based teaching method is similar to what he used to.

And I brought him to the school at the registration date and he likes the school very much! But he hasn't got a chance to visit KV's campus, so I can't really make the decision based on that.

headache... headache and headache...

原帖由 kittynmelody 於 09-12-16 22:13 發表
Yes, the major problem is that my husband and I couldn't reach a consensus! really headache! I should re-phrase my question - how (what is the best way) to negotiate with my husban and come to an agre ...

8#
發表於 09-12-16 22:55 |只看該作者

I registered for SC and gave up to register for KV. Actually, both are good kindergartens. They are completely in different teaching styles. I chose SC (as compared with KV) because my daughter is the "active-type". It is not easy to make her to sit still for 5 minutes. I afraid that she has difficulty to cope with the teaching style in KV which required the students to be more disciplined. Also, I and my husband want my daughter to have a good English foundation and SC would be a better choice for my daughter.
I understand that you must be very headache now. I had a similar situation as you, but not between SC and KV. I and my husband cannot compromise whether my daughter should go to SC or GH. Although we though that SC is more suitable for my daughter, but I dare to face the selection process again after three years. So... really SUPER headache.

9#
發表於 09-12-16 23:19 |只看該作者
Really hard to choose, we all know that.  Either one has its good and bad things, all depenns on how you value their teaching style and which one is better fit for your kid to have a better and happier learning environment.  Don't make yourself too hard - why you intially apply for both of them? just for a better chance to get into a better primary school?  Think more from the shoes of your kid, which school can provide him a happier learning environment and give him more room for his development?

10#
發表於 09-12-16 23:44 |只看該作者
thanks for all your sharings. I applied both coz both are very competitive and hoped that one of them could accept my son.

I will try my best to persuade my husband - I personally think that SC is more suitable for my son. Definitely want to release the place asap.

babe725, my friend also needs to make a decision between SC or GH (and pending for SP's interview in Feb). She also thinks that it's v difficult to make a decision.

11#
發表於 09-12-16 23:48 |只看該作者

Good dilemma to have, both are good schools.

When we made this decision our critical factor was what was the weakness of our kid and that was she couldn't sit, stand, sleep, be quiet, etc., still for 5 secs.   Hence, we choose KV and now she still can't be still but at school she is very good.   Going to KV hasn't changed her character but she knows how to behave in certain situations and environment, which will be very beneficial for the future.

12#
發表於 09-12-17 02:25 |只看該作者
I gave up KV and chose SC because I think language and creativity are more important to establish for kids before 6. If the kid is confident and happy, he/she can catch up easily for academic results when promote to P.
I have friends who are teaching in some famous primary schools, they shared their experience with me that the kids from KV may probably have better results in P1 - P2. But other students will catch up start from P2 and may excel them afterwards. So, they also think that creativity is more important for kids.
Also, SC's cirriculum is also aimed at traditional P.
But if your boy is "spoiled" as descibed by the other mom in this thread, then it maybe a good idea to go to KV to have the "soilder training"!

原帖由 kittynmelody 於 09-12-16 23:44 發表
thanks for all your sharings. I applied both coz both are very competitive and hoped that one of them could accept my son.

I will try my best to persuade my husband - I personally think that SC is m ...

醒目開學勳章

13#
發表於 09-12-17 09:20 |只看該作者
我相信樓主對兩間學校都已有一定認識,
我覺得不如將你們(你同先生)的要求寫下再排次序,
讓大家有個共識
再者就是小學的考慮
希望你可以快D同先生下到決定,
幫到等緊 waiting 的小朋友

醒目開學勳章

14#
發表於 09-12-17 09:29 |只看該作者
duplicated

[ 本帖最後由 qoo_pooh 於 09-12-17 13:48 編輯 ]

15#
發表於 09-12-17 10:18 |只看該作者
只是看以上幾位回覆, 都說兩間都是好學校, 中立地說出某些地方不同, 由家長自行選擇, 就知道"踩低人地抬高自己"的不會出現在sc 和 kv 的家長身上, 正正就証明了這家學校揀的不只是學生, 還有有質素的家長。

原帖由 cutecutewing 於 09-12-16 20:10 發表
我相信你出呢個POST可能又會引起另一番口舌之爭...
讀KV的媽咪會話KV呢樣好SC果樣衰,讀SC的媽咪會話SC呢樣好KV果樣衰,所以你係唔會得到你想要的客觀答案的...
最需要咩嘢只有你自己先會知道... ...

16#
發表於 09-12-17 11:00 |只看該作者
多謝咁多位無私嘅分享, 小女也是一個十分好動的小朋友,參考了大家的意見,相信sc會適合她。

但是我們在家中是以中文溝通的,之前看過其他主題,知道sc的學生有很多在家中是以英語溝通的,所以英文才那麽好,很擔心女兒會跟不上。另外, 跟net老師&同學溝通會有問題嗎?  大家有否類似的擔憂和經驗?  可否分享一下!

17#
發表於 09-12-17 11:21 |只看該作者
其實學校好是其次, 最緊要是小孩子本身.
學校的教學是否適合小孩子性格和特質, 讓小朋友有一個開心學習的開始.

18#
發表於 09-12-17 11:49 |只看該作者
其實小朋友適應力好強, 無需太擔心, 不過入sc 的小朋友之所以英文好, 不單是因為有net, 而是他們的家通常都有外籍傭工, 多機會接觸英語自然好, 所以我相信就算kv 的學生也可以操流利英語, 關鍵在於家長提供什麼環境, 就等如sc 的學生的中數其實也不差, 只是他們的英語比較突出。

我囡囡都是好動型, 我們照顧上都是以中文為主, 我並沒有擔心過她的英語水平, 因為要懂的東西學校遲早會教, 我個人會先讓她學好母語, 打好基礎, 學習還有漫漫長路, 不必急在一時。

最後我囡囡自己揀了kv (因為sc interview 表現失準, 結果waiting list, 我說是她自己揀kv的 ), 一個人的性格是天生的, 每天三小時的課不可能改變一個人的性格(邪教除外), 不過行為是可以管教, 的確這兩間都是很好的學校, 要取捨的確很難, 不過兩家學校提供的東西都不同, 就等如中餐和西餐, 沒有必然地說西餐是最好, 每個人的背景和口味都不同。

原帖由 choichoimum 於 09-12-17 11:00 發表
多謝咁多位無私嘅分享, 小女也是一個十分好動的小朋友,參考了大家的意見,相信sc會適合她。

但是我們在家中是以中文溝通的,之前看過其他主題,知道sc的學生有很多在家中是以英語溝通的,所以英文才那麽好,很擔心女兒會跟不 ...

19#
發表於 09-12-17 11:55 |只看該作者
原帖由 LittleKiwi 於 09-12-17 11:49 發表
其實小朋友適應力好強, 無需太擔心, 不過入sc 的小朋友之所以英文好, 不單是因為有net, 而是他們的家通常都有外籍傭工, 多機會接觸英語自然好, 所以我相信就算kv 的學生也可以操流利英語, 關鍵在於家長提供什麼環境, ...

最大可能係有人根本只食過西餐都唔知中餐係咩味道
只係聽人講中餐有幾差..所以同所有人講西餐係最好

20#
發表於 09-12-17 12:00 |只看該作者
個人選擇啦, 岩唔岩口味仍是言之尚早, 亦有可能是覺得屋企食開中餐反而想出去食西餐, 仲有漫漫長路慢慢嘆.....   
原帖由 NICOLE123 於 09-12-17 11:55 發表

最大可能係有人根本只食過西餐都唔知中餐係咩味道
只係聽人講中餐有幾差..所以同所有人講西餐係最好
‹ 上一主題|下一主題