搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 讀民生還是劍鳴?
發新帖
查看: 2206|回覆: 13
go

讀民生還是劍鳴? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-12-14 09:21 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
想問問大家意見, 小朋友讀開KM pre-nursery,亦可升上K1,本來一心讀番原校,但民生收左,。。今年k1實在好大,有點擔心此情況係三年后報直資/私小翻版?如何是好?謝謝有心人提供意見參考
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-12-14 11:50 |只看該作者
I must choose Mungsang. Because KM is no guarantee.

原帖由 bobo1314 於 09-12-14 09:21 發表
想問問大家意見, 小朋友讀開KM pre-nursery,亦可升上K1,本來一心讀番原校,但民生收左,。。今年k1實在好大,有點擔心此情況係三年后報直資/私小翻版?如何是好?謝謝有心人提供意見參考 ...
My Little Prince, Naoki Kam - 諱諾BB.   

醒目開學勳章 貢獻勳章

3#
發表於 09-12-14 14:25 |只看該作者
始終兩間學校方針唔同, 要睇家長想要乜
其實KM上私校直資嘅結果都唔太差, 當然你讀MS都一樣可以報出面d小學
所以.. 無乜結論, 好睇你想點!

4#
發表於 09-12-14 18:20 |只看該作者
I will choose Munsang as it has a decent primary school and secondary school as backup while I can still apply for good schools like DGS, St Paul etc 3 years later, which provide an easier path for my kid. KM is a good school but for KG I think the standard is more or less the same as Munsang as Munsang also has NET teacher. Munsang also has a fabulous campus which other kindergartens hard to compete.

5#
發表於 09-12-15 18:51 |只看該作者
原帖由 小曳人 於 09-12-14 14:25 發表
始終兩間學校方針唔同, 要睇家長想要乜
其實KM上私校直資嘅結果都唔太差, 當然你讀MS都一樣可以報出面d小學
所以.. 無乜結論, 好睇你想點!

見到你經常給人忠肯意見,我想再請教你,你話兩者方針唔同?係邊方面?我個人認爲km都唔係太academic,都尚算all-round, 但民生真的了解不多!

我其實只想阿女係三年kg學多d,教學唔太填鴨便ok了!

好苦惱!!!

6#
發表於 09-12-16 10:49 |只看該作者
我會讀KM, KM學生大多是Band 1級小學, 而且KM的校長好似好出名, 可能有助阿仔日後叩門。但如果chooseMS, 就唔可以參加統一派位, 好似令阿仔少了機會入好d 的小學。我怕日後會怨我呀

7#
發表於 09-12-16 11:07 |只看該作者
剛剛朋友告訴我, MS小學原來唔係收晒所有MS幼稚園學生的, 有無人可以証實這講法消息呢

8#
發表於 09-12-16 11:17 |只看該作者
KM is one of my favourite kindergartens as my neighbour's kid is studing KM now and I heard a lot of KM's stuff from them.

I have also a friend whose kid is now studying in MS K3 & already got MS P1 offer.

Both are good kinders but if I got to choose between KM & MS, I  will definitely choose MS (unless I got 25 marks in targeted P1 in 自行分配學位階段):

1. MS is one dragon (as long as your kid has no great conduct problem, most likely will be offered P1 place) so more secured than KM

2. MS academic standard is improving for the past few years due to the new principal, although it may not be as demanding as KM

3. MS has NET for english lessons & PTH teachers for mandarin lessons

Of course you may need to consider other factors like distance from home, AM/PM class, your kid needs to adapt to a new environment etc...

9#
發表於 09-12-16 11:28 |只看該作者
my friend told me that provided your child has no great conduct matter (for their year, there is just a few K3 child rejected out of 2xx students), the child will be offered P1 seat.

MS primary has less seat than MS kindergarten is because some parents will help their child to switch to other直資/私小, so this is 自然流失, not because MS rejected them.

原帖由 Mouse516 於 09-12-16 11:07 發表
剛剛朋友告訴我, MS小學原來唔係收晒所有MS幼稚園學生的, 有無人可以証實這講法消息呢

10#
發表於 09-12-16 11:42 |只看該作者
My elder son studied N1-K3 in KM.  I heard from a parent of his N1 classmates that she did regret after switching from KM to MS.  She thought the academic standard of MS was not as high as she had expected.  But her son still studied very happily in MS.

This is something I heard from her about 4 yrs ago.  Maybe now the situation is different.

原帖由 sofiamama 於 09-12-16 11:28 發表
my friend told me that provided your child has no great conduct matter (for their year, there is just a few K3 child rejected out of 2xx students), the child will be offered P1 seat.

MS primary has  ...

11#
發表於 09-12-16 13:01 |只看該作者
sofiamama, woodymom and mouse516 :

thanks for your kind advice,
what I am worried about was the currculum.....
MS is happy kindergarten, with no doubt, but maybe easier in academics as compared with KM.

but now, heard that a new principal entered MS.....new changes, shift to higher difficulty........ sounds attractive!

may need more info. to compare!

thanks again!

12#
發表於 09-12-16 13:10 |只看該作者
woodymom,

may I ask you more questions about KM?
do you think the k1-3 training in KM is ok? (academics, discipline,moral...),

four years ago, did you once struggle whether to study K1 in KM or shift to other schools? why did you confirm KM at the end? thanks

13#
發表於 09-12-16 13:25 |只看該作者
I think the training is quite comprehensive in KM.  Many of my son's classmates got offers from famous DSS or private primary schools.  Frankly speaking, I think KM did prepare and equip my kid quite well with his studies in P.1 now.  His foundation in Chi, Eng and Maths is not bad.  KM students are generally quite confident and active though there are also some naughty kids studying there.  

I only applied 2 KGs for K1.  One failed and one was successful.  At that time, I did not want my son to start all over again if he switched to another new KG.  He was a small B.  So I let him stay in KM.  Actually, my younger son also applied KM for K1 this year but he was on waitlist only...

原帖由 bobo1314 於 09-12-16 13:10 發表
woodymom,

may I ask you more questions about KM?
do you think the k1-3 training in KM is ok? (academics, discipline,moral...),

four years ago, did you once struggle whether to study K1 in KM or shift ...

14#
發表於 09-12-20 23:57 |只看該作者
woodymama, thanks for your sharing ! you did reinforce me to stay at KM! at last, I gave up MS!
so sorry to hear that your younger son is on the waiting list only! it's the practice of KM that doesn't favour the sisters/brothers of their students on application!!!!! but, by the way, why didn't you let your younger son study N1 at KM as his brother?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題