搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 kingston Vs 耀中
發新帖
查看: 4762|回覆: 9
go

kingston Vs 耀中 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-12-12 16:08 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
請問K1 Kingston 及耀中 邊間好d? Kingston 只有下午班, 而耀中都只有下午班及全日班. 請問哪間老師比較有愛心? 能學習自理能力. 活動多d? 啟發學生學習興趣?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-1-6 16:06 |只看該作者
My daughter went to Kingston for 2 years before, the PTH teachers there are very professional,, responsible and loving.  The English teachers can vary a bit.  But overall, I was satisfied with the school.  They provide enough attention and care to students, especially when they are young.  I think one difference between Yiu Chung and Kingston is the class size - Kingston is very small, max 16 per class, 2 teachers (mind you, not 1 teacher, 1 assistant!)   That's why, I believe that my daughter didn't get sick that easily there.   I don't know about Yiu Chung, but I went there for a visit, and they said their class size is around 24 and above, and only 1 teacher and 1 or 2 assistants.  That's also the main reason I did not consider Yiu Chung.  Another reason I will definitely not choose Yiu Chung is because they use Cantonese as the teaching language, and I noticed that their English teachers were not white. (sorry for discrimination)  

o those  帖由 sara09 於 09-12-12 16:08 發表
請問K1 Kingston 及耀中 邊間好d? Kingston 只有下午班, 而耀中都只有下午班及全日班. 請問哪間老師比較有愛心? 能學習自理能力. 活動多d? 啟發學生學習興趣? ... [/quote]

3#
發表於 10-1-6 16:48 |只看該作者
My son is currently studying at Yew Chung, his class size is only 16 students with 3 teachers (not assistants) - 2 Chinese and 1 English teachers.  The class English teacher is white (although I don't see this a major concern as I think it's good to have teachers coming from different countries).  There is both Chinese and English time everyday since the school believes Chinese is also an important language to learn in HK.  Many children are actually better in English than Chinese nowadays, and in fact Chinese is a more difficult language to learn.

I also found the teachers are very caring and pay lots of attention to the children.  They call me quite often to update my child's progress to me.

[ 本帖最後由 jjbaby0307 於 10-1-6 16:51 編輯 ]

4#
發表於 10-1-6 17:02 |只看該作者

Kingston

I have visited Kingston before, impression is very good, teachers are nice and the students languages are good, i hear some are speaking in English and Mandarin, very good in oral for both language...

Students are behave ... that 's my impression to visit the school... but the school is relatively small ...

5#
發表於 10-1-7 23:07 |只看該作者
Thanks a lot . Both are very good schools and I find it difficult to choose. I love Kingston but there is only the pm class available...

jjbaby0307, how old is your son? AM/ whole day class?

6#
發表於 10-1-7 23:28 |只看該作者
are their kindergarten and primary campus separately? ( i mean kingston)

[ 本帖最後由 澳門傻媽媽 於 10-1-8 17:25 編輯 ]

7#
發表於 10-1-8 13:44 |只看該作者
sara09,

My son is in the 2 year old programme pm class.  Yew Chung is very famous at the early childhood education, but the secondary school is not as good as other IS.

For kindergartens, I believe both are good.  Maybe you can find out if you can attend their seminars to learn more about the education philosophy.

The next introductory meeting at Yew Chung is Jan 14, see website below:

http://www.ycis-hk.com/Pages/ECE/Admission/Template.aspx?docID=212&style=Document&MenuID=50

You can check if Kingston also has similar information session.

原帖由 sara09 於 10-1-7 23:07 發表
Thanks a lot . Both are very good schools and I find it difficult to choose. I love Kingston but there is only the pm class available...

jjbaby0307, how old is your son? AM/ whole day class?

8#
發表於 10-1-11 23:34 |只看該作者
Thank you! I have already attended the briefing session. that's why I like the school. But why is that there are some students who are in N1 class will left the school for K1 for different reasons? I know that the 2yrs old programme is good. But how about the 3-5yrs old class?

9#
發表於 10-1-12 15:28 |只看該作者
sara09,

I think the kindergarten (K1-K3) is good, and even the primary school is good too.  But of course there are people leaving for different reasons.  

For me, there are not too many pre-nurseries (for 2 yrs old) in Kowloon Tong and I'm happy that I let my son has a good start in Yew Chung because the school allowed a very happy and smooth separation process which gave my son a happy start in his school life.  But I don't plan for international school in the future because of $$$. and I also wants my son to have a strong foundation in Chinese (as well as English), so I'll switch him back to local kindergartens in preparation of traditional primary school in the future.

原帖由 sara09 於 10-1-11 23:34 發表
Thank you! I have already attended the briefing session. that's why I like the school. But why is that there are some students who are in N1 class will left the school for K1 for different reasons? I  ...

10#
發表於 10-1-12 22:56 |只看該作者
I see. Thank you.
(I asked and I know that the class size for K1 should be 22. )
‹ 上一主題|下一主題