搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 DGJS 2nd interview result
樓主: Rick18li
go

DGJS 2nd interview result [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 09-12-22 11:28 |只看該作者

回覆 8# hui916 的文章

Not sure whether DGJS will do this or not because for such a school, they may not bother this so much. In my case, I lived in N.T. but got offers from both DGJS and SPCC.

醒目開學勳章

102#
發表於 09-12-22 11:41 |只看該作者
I know a girl who lives quite close to SPCCPS is accepted by both SPCCPS and DGJS this year.

Understand that your girl is accepted by SPCCPS already from another post.  So do you actually want to send your girl to DGJS if accepted, or do you just want to prove the ability of your girl? At the end, your girl can only go to one school.  And SPCCPS is a very good school indeed.

原帖由 hui916 於 09-12-21 12:24 發表
I am interested to learn if any people living in the HK Island have been accepted by both SPCC and DGJS? Since SPCC published all admitted students' ID numbers online, I suspected that DGJS may have t ...

103#
發表於 09-12-22 12:26 |只看該作者
DGJS is the only school that has not accepted by daugther. I just wanted to look deeper into the reasons behind, and possbile factors other than interview performance.

Since I live in the HK Island, regardless of the outcome, I'd still go for SPCC.

原帖由 traeh 於 09-12-22 11:41 發表
I know a girl who lives quite close to SPCCPS is accepted by both SPCCPS and DGJS this year.

Understand that your girl is accepted by SPCCPS already from another post.  So do you actually want to sen ...

104#
發表於 09-12-22 13:53 |只看該作者

回覆 1# hui916 的文章

address is not the factor, Mrs Dai have her own preference, maybe the first sight of the  girl.....so it is really the own feeling from Mrs Dai.  don't feel bad for the result.  

Hope your girl will enjoy the new school life at SPCC

105#
發表於 09-12-22 20:05 |只看該作者
If location is not DGJS' primary concern, why did they have to verify applicants' address two times,i.e., at the time of application, and prior to the 2nd interview.

The process inevitably imposes extra work on their administrative staff. There should be a purpose behind the verification process.

原帖由 golfland 於 09-12-22 13:53 發表
address is not the factor, Mrs Dai have her own preference, maybe the first sight of the  girl.....so it is really the own feeling from Mrs Dai.  don't feel bad for the result.  

Hope your girl will  ...

106#
發表於 09-12-22 22:06 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

107#
發表於 09-12-22 22:17 |只看該作者
The reason is clear, Ms. Hui's mentality is very 'DGS', so why would her girl failed the admission!

原帖由 wootaitai 於 09-12-22 22:06 發表
pardon me, why do you need to prove that your daughter is invincible? she will only attend 1 school in the end...

:-D

108#
發表於 09-12-22 22:44 |只看該作者
I think many parents in this forum, including those who are preparing for next year's admission, are very curious to know more about DGJS' admission criteria. This is nothing to do with which school my daughter will go eventually. Through sharing of information, I hope all of us will gain better insights.

It might be true that DGJS does prefer Kowloon/NT students because of less commuting time.

For my kid, after the 2nd interview I had already made up my mind to go with SPCC. Their headmistress is so passionate about education and the school. No other principal as I know can spend almost half an hour to talk with 200 parents!

I don't think Mrs. Dai of DGJS has the "magic" to pick up the right kids at the first sight. There are certainly many factors they would consider.

原帖由 circleda 於 09-12-22 22:17 發表
The reason is clear, Ms. Hui's mentality is very 'DGS', so why would her girl failed the admission!

醒目開學勳章

109#
發表於 09-12-23 00:07 |只看該作者
I don't think this is true.  There might be other considerations for admission besides interview performance, but proximity is not one of them.  Otherwise how do you explain the fact that there are girls who live on HK side or even close to SPCCPS, but still be accepted by DGJS?

SPCCPS also requires address proof, but their students are from all over HK, including Sai Kung, Tseung Kwan O, Shatin...

Something reminds me of one of my old classmates.  During the final year in University, she got offers from all the top enterprises except one, so she called the company and asked the HR dept for explanation. At the end she got the offer as well, but she never intended to join that corporation. She simply could not bear losing one of her "trophies", though it was meaningless.

原帖由 hui916 於 09-12-22 22:44 發表
It might be true that DGJS does prefer Kowloon/NT students because of less commuting time.

110#
發表於 09-12-23 02:41 |只看該作者
If that is the case, you should move on.  What's the point of dwelling on why she was not accepted?  It's meaningless.

I think many parents in this forum, including those who are preparing for next year's admission, are very curious to know more about DGJS' admission criteria. This is nothing to do with which school m ...

111#
發表於 09-12-23 09:00 |只看該作者
如果真的看地區住宅收生. 現在單憑地區是不能反映. 新界區如沙田,大埔,元朗同樣很多千萬豪宅. 西貢也有獨立屋. 若以樓價, 荃灣區同樣也有價錢不菲的千萬豪宅(御凱). 合不合理見仁見智. 但它們分分鐘比港島區一般樓價還要貴. 何文田區也有平價樓. 九龍塘區也同樣有平價樓. 就算有學生來自新界, 沙田, 將軍澳也不一定代表是一般家庭.  所以現在很難再以地區去分類.

[ 本帖最後由 ysnmama 於 09-12-23 09:05 編輯 ]

112#
發表於 09-12-23 09:21 |只看該作者
原帖由 traeh 於 09-12-23 00:07 發表
Something reminds me of one of my old classmates .... She simply could not bear losing one of her "trophies", though it was meaningless

Hey, maybe hui916 IS your old classmate!!!

113#
發表於 09-12-23 10:55 |只看該作者
Home address is definitely not among the most important considerations.  There are loads of DGJS girls living on HK side and some in N.T.  In the game of primary one application, a HK Island address would not disadvantage your application, but on the contrary increase the chances in many cases.

What's the point of criticising the admission criteria of another school which is not your cup of tea?  Children will learn to appreciate others only if being raised in an environment of appreciation but not one full of suspicion or conspiracy theory.

114#
發表於 09-12-23 10:59 |只看該作者
I think you may call to DGJS and ask for the reason directly. This may make you know the real reason instead of just guessing it. Besides, this may also get some valuable comments which will improve your daughter's performance further (No question, your kid is very smart but getting more comments will make her even better)

I think many parents in this forum, including those who are preparing for next year's admission, are very curious to know more about DGJS' admission criteria. This is nothing to do with which school m ...

115#
發表於 09-12-23 11:12 |只看該作者
Is there any waiting list of DGJS? Any people got the letter for waiting?
Work hard moms!

116#
發表於 09-12-23 11:23 |只看該作者
Dear all lucky mum,
First of all, congra. to of you for getting offer from DGJS. I am also one of the lucky parent but after some hot debate within the family members, we probably will go to SPCC instead of DGJS. However, may you do me a flavor and let me know the book list from DGJS if you get it. I am just curious what type of text books they are using. I heard that they will use story books as the teaching material and if so, I wish to know what kind of the story books (or whicj publisher) they will use. My intention is to let my daughter to read some more story books that the top school is using.
Thanks you in advance.

117#
發表於 09-12-23 11:25 |只看該作者
Rick18li,

We use Wide Range Starters.

118#
發表於 09-12-23 12:08 |只看該作者

回覆 113# LaLa 的文章

Good comment!

119#
發表於 09-12-23 12:35 |只看該作者

回覆 116# Rick18li 的文章

what a pity! i thought dgjs was your first preference! but yes indeed spccps is a good school, i personally finished primary school there too, but switched to dgs for secondary school..

120#
發表於 09-12-23 14:31 |只看該作者
I also feel very sorry about that. But ladies first...(my mum plus my wife and my father didnt vote..)
原帖由 inside_nicole 於 09-12-23 12:35 發表
what a pity! i thought dgjs was your first preference! but yes indeed spccps is a good school, i personally finished primary school there too, but switched to dgs for secondary school..
‹ 上一主題|下一主題