密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Any comment on YEW CHUNG?
查看: 6096|回覆: 41
go

Any comment on YEW CHUNG? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-12-9 01:10 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Can anyone give me comment on Yew Chung K1?  I am thinking if I should have my girl goes to YC next year as she is only on KV and SC waiting list.   It would be nice if anyone can help to give some comment!  Thanks!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-12-9 03:35 |只看該作者
I would like to know also

3#
發表於 09-12-9 09:52 |只看該作者
原帖由 honeyblu7 於 09-12-9 01:10 發表
Can anyone give me comment on Yew Chung K1?  I am thinking if I should have my girl goes to YC next year as she is only on KV and SC waiting list.   It would be nice if anyone can help to give some co ...

My niece studied in Yew Chung long long time ago.  All I know is their curriculum is "International".  Thus if you're already preparing to send ur bb abroad or continue in international stream in primary school, Yew Chung might be a good choice.  If you're thinking of local primary school, YC might not be suitable.

Hope this helps.

4#
發表於 09-12-9 10:01 |只看該作者
They are offering bilingual classes, and provide an option for K3 for those who are planning to send their kids to local primary.  There's a briefing session with campus visit tomorrow (10/12/09), just call them to make a reservation if you are interested so that u can learn more about their school.
當你見到天上星星,可有想起哥哥...

5#
發表於 09-12-9 10:01 |只看該作者
I heard from some friends that these years the chance for entering St. Paul co ed after studing in Yew Chung is higher, if this is true then may be it also fits for Local schools?

Actually my girl is having pre-nursery there for 1 mth now.  They have 1 NET and 2 local teacher in the 3 hr class... I suppose it's the same for K1.  K1 schooling fee is $5550 for half day, compare to St. Cat and KV etc is more expensive ($3K) but they got NET in the whole 3 hrs... I think it's still worth it...?  but since I want my girl to study in local school, this will be a hassle for me to continue w/ YC.  

More comment please!

6#
發表於 09-12-9 10:54 |只看該作者
I am planning to put my son to Yew Chung Two Year Old Programme as I really love the teachers and campus environment there.
As far as I know, they have both local school stream and international school stream even if your child go to their kindergarten but somehow you have to choose in K2/K3. You can always call them to ask for details as all their staffs are very friendly.
I am not too worried about it since some of my friends have children graduated from YC Kindgergarten but still join the local primary school afterwards.
Of course if all depends whether you like the school or not.

7#
發表於 09-12-9 12:27 |只看該作者
My son is currently studying at Yew Chung for the 2 year-old programme.  I must say the teachers are very caring and patient and my boy loves going to school now.

If money is not a concern, it's a very very good kindergarten.  I don't see a big concern for going back to local primary school since YC kindergarten offers both local stream and international stream.  My son didn't like speaking Chinese before so he always followed the NET teacher only when he first started (in August).  But the local teachers also keep encouraging him to speak Chinese as they said it's very important to the children to have good Chinese foundation in Hong Kong.  So I can see my son is now speaking more Chinese as well as maintaining his English level.

The teachers often call me to update my son's progress in the school and give me advices too.

8#
發表於 09-12-22 15:30 |只看該作者
I've attended their briefing session on 10/12, and I like their educational philosophy as it pretty much matches mine!  My main concern is their campus, seems to be very small and a bit old.

Could you share more about this kinder?

原帖由 jjbaby0307 於 09-12-9 12:27 發表
My son is currently studying at Yew Chung for the 2 year-old programme.  I must say the teachers are very caring and patient and my boy loves going to school now.

If money is not a concern, it's a ve ...
當你見到天上星星,可有想起哥哥...

9#
發表於 09-12-23 10:24 |只看該作者
my boy is studying the two-programme of Yew Chung.  we loves the school; the teachers are very nice and caring.  my boy is very eager to go to school.

he is studying in the local stream (Cantonese and English).  however, he keeps speaking English (no Cantonese at all).   

depending on your plan for your kids... Yew Chung is certainly one of the good choices.  However, if you prefer your kids for local schools, you may wish to compare with other schools as well.

10#
發表於 09-12-23 10:51 |只看該作者
thx for your sharing.  as i learnt from their briefing session, they teach both eng & chin instead of solely emphasize on eng learning, and they provide an option for k3 for those who prepare to further study in local primary... am i correct?

still, my main concern is their campus.  any comment on the hygiene?  also, do u think it is spacious enough for activities (as i don't know the number of students for each campus)... thx!

原帖由 qlong 於 09-12-23 10:24 發表
my boy is studying the two-programme of Yew Chung.  we loves the school; the teachers are very nice and caring.  my boy is very eager to go to school.

he is studying in the local stream (Cantonese an ...
當你見到天上星星,可有想起哥哥...

11#
發表於 09-12-23 10:53 |只看該作者
My son is now studying Yew Chung 2-years old class now.  

He joined the school from ITLP (playgroup, 3 days per week).  Since we always use English to communicate with my son, when my son was in ITLP class, he communicated well with NET.  He did improve a lot in Chinese but just the we did not notice it around that time.  At first, I though the ITLP class is mainly for them to play but not much teaching.  Yet, when I saw the pictures taken by the teachers and notice the performance of my son, they did teach him a lot of things and my son can learn a lot.

This year, after he turned to 2 years old, he joined the 2 years old class.  He starts speaking a lot more cantonese.  Both his English and Chinese are good.  When I brought him to local Kinders for interview, he could handle both Englhish and Chinese.  Though I determined to let him join KV next year, I still think Yew Chung is a very good Kinder. A very good start for children.

[ 本帖最後由 chunyatmama 於 09-12-23 10:55 編輯 ]

12#
發表於 09-12-23 11:39 |只看該作者
Hygiene:  it is nice.  there is a lady working for each class. she takes good care of the kids' hygiene.  she helps change clothes (if neccessary). she regularly brings them to washrooms and clean hands as well.  hygiene is not a problem.

13#
發表於 09-12-23 11:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 onchai 於 09-12-23 10:51 發表
thx for your sharing.  as i learnt from their briefing session, they teach both eng & chin instead of solely emphasize on eng learning, and they provide an option for k3 for those who prepare to furth ...

Your concern sounds interesting.  YC's hygiene is definitely not bad.  They are transparent as well.  I recalled that last academic year, one of their NET got "hand, mouth and foot disease" through her daughters, all parents were informed of the situation.  Also, my son was asked to go home two weeks ago as he had flu symptons.

For playground, don't worry, no matter how big or small the playground is, the children will consider its a big playground anyway....they are too small

14#
發表於 09-12-23 14:52 |只看該作者
有關 K1 school fees的問題,請問還會有甚麼extra的雜費要俾呢?請問而家仲有得apply 出年的K1嗎?  謝謝。

15#
發表於 09-12-23 14:57 |只看該作者
之前問過yc, 除左 uniform & school bus, 基本上冇乜其他什費, 學費包晒 (including books)~
AM class 已經 full 晒, PM class still available...

原帖由 ac917 於 09-12-23 14:52 發表
有關 K1 school fees的問題,請問還會有甚麼extra的雜費要俾呢?請問而家仲有得apply 出年的K1嗎?  謝謝。
當你見到天上星星,可有想起哥哥...

16#
發表於 09-12-23 15:02 |只看該作者
請問大家講的是Somerset Road 定係 Kent Road的呢?兩間有乜唔同?
謝謝。

17#
發表於 09-12-23 15:05 |只看該作者
the last thing I would worry about in YC is the hygiene and the campus.

18#
發表於 09-12-23 15:06 |只看該作者
thx for ur information... campus & hygiene are always one of my major concerns~~

原帖由 chunyatmama 於 09-12-23 11:49 發表

Your concern sounds interesting.  YC's hygiene is definitely not bad.  They are transparent as well.  I recalled that last academic year, one of their NET got "hand, mouth and foot disease" through  ...
當你見到天上星星,可有想起哥哥...

19#
發表於 09-12-23 15:14 |只看該作者
I would think any parent has more cause to worry about those 2 issues at other kindys like Sc and KV - look at the size of those classrooms !!!

20#
發表於 09-12-23 15:25 |只看該作者
請大家俾意見,除了想知兩個campus的分別,仲想知是否入面的學生都較有錢之餘,校風會否很虛榮呢?相對SC & KV,YC(local stream)的academic會近似那一類型?請賜教。

原帖由 ac917 於 09-12-23 15:02 發表
請問大家講的是Somerset Road 定係 Kent Road的呢?兩間有乜唔同?
謝謝。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題