密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 點解唔註冊德望.
查看: 5332|回覆: 20
go

點解唔註冊德望. [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-12-5 21:42 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Good Hope seems to be a very good choice for most people.  I think nearly all people will register even if they don't choose it finally.  But some people didn't go to register.

Can anyone tell me what other schools they choose and why?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-12-7 15:23 |只看該作者
May be get some better offer.. I guess

3#
發表於 09-12-7 15:42 |只看該作者
原帖由 Rick18li 於 09-12-7 15:23 發表
May be get some better offer.. I guess

Among the DSS and private schools, Good Hope should be regarded as the best next to DGJS by most people.  If they didn't registered with Good Hope before 23 Nov., I wonder what they choose.

Any one would like to share?

4#
發表於 09-12-7 16:52 |只看該作者
原帖由 dvb 於 09-12-7 15:42 發表

Among the DSS and private schools, Good Hope should be regarded as the best next to DGJS by most people.  If they didn't registered with Good Hope before 23 Nov., I wonder what they choose.

Any one ...

St. Paul co. edu, Ramondi, TSL, CKY, etc. so much....

5#
發表於 09-12-7 17:03 |只看該作者
原帖由 monkeybaba 於 09-12-7 16:52 發表
St. Paul co. edu, Ramondi, TSL, CKY, etc. so much....

But all these schools announced their results after the registration date of Good Hope.  Therefore, I think people should have to registered Good Hope even if the above schools are their target schools.

6#
發表於 09-12-7 17:24 |只看該作者

回覆 1# dvb 的文章

yes but in case of SPCC, they almost hints you that you can get the place. For my case, I did not register GH after the 2nd interview in SPCC and luckily my kid got offer from SPCC

7#
發表於 09-12-8 21:19 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

8#
發表於 09-12-9 13:52 |只看該作者
I think another reason is that GHS allows students to participate in central allocation even after registration ... so if they got gd offers (e.g. St Mary's , MCS, HY etc) from the central allocation .. they will give up the offer

原帖由 goodmama2003 於 09-12-8 21:19 發表
另一原因, 德望是私校. 都幾貴.

9#
發表於 09-12-9 14:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 twinsstar 於 09-12-9 13:52 發表
I think another reason is that GHS allows students to participate in central allocation even after registration ... so if they got gd offers (e.g. St Mary's , MCS, HY etc) from the central allocation  ...

I think this is the reason why people should register with Good Hope, but not the reason for not register.

10#
發表於 09-12-9 14:15 |只看該作者
sorry .. I over read your question. I misread it as why parents gave up the offer.

May be they got other DSS offer before they register ghs or as mentioned by someone here .. other school hints that her daughter will be admitted during the interviews. For those who have other offers, may be ghs isnt their piority
Afterall, parents have different piority towards different elements in education. Some thought that through train mode is impt, some believe more relaxed learning atmosphere is more impt etc....

原帖由 dvb 於 09-12-9 14:00 發表

I think this is the reason why people should register with Good Hope, but not the reason for not register.

[ 本帖最後由 twinsstar 於 09-12-9 14:27 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 09-12-9 17:15 |只看該作者
To you GH may be 'the best next to DGJS' but that may not be the view of most people.
Most would prefer St Paul Co-ed, St Paul Convent, Sacred Heart....
GH does have her weak points - heavy homework, large class size...etc.
No doubt it is a good school but perhaps not so high on others' priority list as yours.
Why do you need to mind so much that others give up a place in GH?
So long as you are happy with her, that should be enough.

12#
發表於 09-12-9 17:26 |只看該作者
Another reason is the class start early at around 7:30am.  It means the kids have to leave home early.

13#
發表於 09-12-9 19:43 |只看該作者
The school fee is acceptable.

Alliance Primary school, Kowloon Tong School etc. are about $3xxx
Our Lady of school is about $23xx
Tak Nga is $2xxx

14#
發表於 09-12-10 07:54 |只看該作者
monthly is not a problem, but for 12 years may be a burden, agree? Such budget can let a little girl travel a lot of places -- another way of learning.
原帖由 junior_pam 於 09-12-9 19:43 發表
The school fee is acceptable.

Alliance Primary school, Kowloon Tong School etc. are about $3xxx
Our Lady of school is about $23xx
Tak Nga is $2xxx

15#
發表於 09-12-10 08:16 |只看該作者
They might have a better choice!

16#
發表於 09-12-10 09:22 |只看該作者
Properly, the school fee is too high to some people.  But they should know that when applying the school.  Of course, their strategy may be just apply first.

I do think some people have better choices if they didn't go for registration.  I just want to know what the better choices are.

I know that, to most people, there are many bettter choices such as SPCC, DGJS, St. Paul Convent, Sacreted Heart, ......  But most better choices had result announcement after the registration date of Good Hope.  To be safe, I will have to registered with Good Hope.  I would not register only if I was very sure that I can have a seat from the above better choices.

So just want to know which better schools have result annoucement before the registration date of Good Hope.

Actually, I want to know the negative side of Good Hope.  It is not easy to know the negative side of a school in BK.

17#
發表於 09-12-12 16:06 |只看該作者
一D唔出奇呀!
GH無疑是好學校, 但別人認為好的學校不一定適合每個小朋友, 最要緊的是看自己小朋友的性格跟學校是否配合!!或者他有更適合的選擇

18#
發表於 09-12-13 11:26 |只看該作者
I think one of the consideration will be the no. of student per class. GH is a good school and hearsay that the pressure is also great. I wonder how much effort parents has to put because I think the support from the school will not be sufficent. This is my concern. Try to think that you have to work with your kids in the coming 12 years intensively.
Personally, I had been a private tutor to two GH sisters bfore, 1 is P3 and 1 is F3. I can tell is for F3's case, I need to tell her some theory which is in the text book of F6 in order to satisfy her. For the P3, becase she dont get good marks before I took the job, her teacher told her parents that in the rest three months, her daughter's average mark must reach 95 or above to get the promotion. You see this really put a lot of pressure not only to kids but also parents.
So it is your judgement whether to put your kids in such environment or whether your kid is ready to take up such challenge (some people like this).
But one thing is sure, you have to get prepared that you must spare enough time for your kids if you want their life easier in GH

19#
發表於 09-12-13 21:08 |只看該作者
Frankly speaking, it is not the only picture happened in GHS. It happens in all elite schools e.g. Saint Francis, DGS, St Scare Heart.....
Parents should understand your kids first and then choose the school.

regards

原帖由 Rick18li 於 09-12-13 11:26 發表
I think one of the consideration will be the no. of student per class. GH is a good school and hearsay that the pressure is also great. I wonder how much effort parents has to put because I think the  ...

20#
發表於 09-12-14 23:26 |只看該作者
原帖由 dvb 於 09-12-10 09:22 發表

I know that, to most people, there are many bettter choices such as SPCC, DGJS, St. Paul Convent, Sacreted Heart, ......
So just want to know which better schools have result annoucement before the registration date of Good Hope.

Actually, I want to know the negative side of Good Hope.  It is not easy to know the negative side of a school in BK.

在bk, 要講negative side的話, 會比人追住封殺呀.

我女是舊年考小一的了, 我可以share我當時的決定.
(不喜勿罵)
我是因為有了ICQM (音小)的 offer, 所以沒有註冊GH的. (雖然我最後都冇讀ICQM)

客觀原因
GH係45人一班, 在人人小班教學下, 仲咁大班, 老師可以好好照顧45人嗎?
女校, 始終socialization冇男女校咁好.
並不是專科專教, 亦冇透露老師有冇past基準試.

主觀因素
交表及interview當日, 眼見老師不是十分friendly, 更有老師對家長態度好掘, 對學生會點?
連門口個workman, 態度都唔係好好
反觀其他直資/私校, 上上下下都笑臉迎人的.

我自己是希望小朋友在一個開心, 冇爭鬥的學習環境0下讀書.  我會著眼小朋友的品德同價值觀培養, 多過佢識左幾多個字.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題