用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 請問德望,St. Paul,培正边間好? 是否大家是優先上小學/ ...
查看: 2967|回覆: 28
go

請問德望,St. Paul,培正边間好? 是否大家是優先上小學/一條龍? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-26 16:11 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
我很想知道多些資料?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-11-26 16:58 |只看該作者
是但一間收就邊間好, 全部難入
原帖由 mcki 於 09-11-26 16:11 發表
我很想知道多些資料?

3#
發表於 09-11-26 17:27 |只看該作者
of course St. Paul then 培正!

4#
發表於 09-11-26 17:33 |只看該作者

回覆 3# mcki 的文章

培正, 雖然中文及D人較純. 但讀上去英文會唔足夠別人爭呀!!!!

德望, D英文好..D學生會有活力D

ST. PAUL - 沒有識人在入內讀, 所以不比意見了.

5#
發表於 09-11-26 20:09 |只看該作者
請問德望,St. Paul,培正边間好? 是否大家是優先上小學/一條龍?

我很想知道多些資料?
我很想知道多些資料?

乜咁啱o既~~ 3 間都是我心儀, 德望收左, 其他如有幸收埋,我說諗爆頭喇!!

[ 本帖最後由 mimimomo6 於 09-11-26 20:11 編輯 ]

6#
發表於 09-11-26 20:22 |只看該作者
咁0岩我都是煩緊呢個問題呀
Good hope收左.......如果其他收埋就有排煩了!不過我都會睇下個女鐘意邊間多d

7#
發表於 09-11-26 22:09 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

8#
發表於 09-11-26 22:52 |只看該作者

醒目開學勳章

9#
發表於 09-11-27 00:11 |只看該作者
德望 --> 一條龍上小學, according to speech of the principal (to be confirmed)
St. Paul  --> only 優先上小學, not 一條龍 guarantee
培正 --> confirm 一條龍上小學 (will be stated on acceptance letter)

Which one is better?  The three are different so better ask yourself what you want for your children before considering which one is better.  

我很想知道多些資料?

10#
發表於 09-11-27 12:36 |只看該作者
Just wanna to know what is competitive advantage in terms of  Academic/Music/PE of St Paul to others???  One important thing to consider: St Paul is in Causeway Bay which is tempative to girls.  Nowadays, good manner and moral is very important to boys and girls.

醒目開學勳章

11#
發表於 09-11-29 22:08 |只看該作者
I think the actual competitive advantage of a spk student will probably be the higher chance to be admitted to SPCS (Primary).  They support relax way of teaching in kinder so most of the "other advantages" are learned outside of kindergarten.

原帖由 CattyMeow 於 09-11-27 12:36 發表
Just wanna to know what is competitive advantage in terms of  Academic/Music/PE of St Paul to others???  One important thing to consider: St Paul is in Causeway Bay which is tempative to girls.  Nowad ...

12#
發表於 09-11-30 01:31 |只看該作者
Hi Ian,

Enjoyed vy much reading yr posts and blog, i believe many parents find their direction and even answer after reading them.  To me, i'm still struggling between "through-train" and "English proficiency", just wonder if you agree that they are kind of "opposing to each other" to certain extent.  Would be grateful if you can shed me light on this area.
In the very beginning, i was looking for a kinder which can provide a good Eng environment and active/flexible teaching as my child is rather active.  i didn't think of  "through-train" at that moment as most of them have religion background and it gave me an impression of "strict" and "not that gd in Eng".  But for security sake, i still gave a try.  For now i got an offer from Stafford, St.Johannes and GH, and will attend an interview at PC on 12th and consider whether go to queue up for SH on 4th.

My headaches are:-
St.Johannes: seems can provide a gd eng environment, it also offers full day class which i think is a gd way to train up my girl to be well-disciplined and independent.  But then i need to fight for a gd primary school three yrs later.
GH: thousands of ?? as it's new.  May not consider GH primary school for several reasons like large class, early class (7:30am, i live in NT) and relatively expensive.
PC: a vy gd school in terms of Chinese proficiency and culture, but relatively week at English.  Like a big family that gives me a vy warm feeling after going to their open day.
SH: Floods of gd comments, relatively cheaper school fees on both kinder and primary.  But it's too far from my home.

Have thought of thousand times on the above but it truly hard to get a balance.  May you please share your views?  Deeply appreciate...

醒目開學勳章

13#
發表於 09-11-30 23:46 |只看該作者
Hi angelacyn,

I think they don't have to be contradictory but consider the limited number of kindergartens which can offer through train, then it is simply because all of them do not put English proficiency as priority.  A point which parents should think more deeply as in why they don't put emphasis on English.

Personally, I never put English training as priority in kindergarten training since English is just a language skill.  Parents nowadays are overwhelmed by peers and sales representatives from language learning tools/ programs of how good to learn languages in the early ages.  I don't oppose to those research results, but it is how you interpret these results.  Moreover, English is a very simple language and that's why it is so common.  If the early age is suitable for language learning, I would rather put my child to learn something more difficult (e.g. Latin, maybe )

Anyway, above is just my personal comment and feelings towards the current market trend of child education.

Back to your list of kindergartens, I agree with all the points you have given for the four kindergartens and can tell you have done your homework.  However, selection of kindergarten should be based on personal preference.  For instance, if you have strong preference on English proficiency, then out of these four St. Johannes should probably be the choice.  I understand this is a tough choice for parents so that's why I chose Sacred Heart, the one which may not be the best in a specific area, but providing me an environment which gave the children good training but maintain balance over many many areas.  So, I don't need to worry about making a wrong choice and can let the child to develop their skills in better balance and identify their strengths later, rather than forcing them to walk the path the parents have chosen.

I hope this help you and many parents on their selection of kindergarten.

Ian

原帖由 angelacyn 於 09-11-30 01:31 發表
Hi Ian,

Enjoyed vy much reading yr posts and blog, i believe many parents find their direction and even answer after reading them.  To me, i'm still struggling between "through-train" and "English pr ...

14#
發表於 09-12-1 13:50 |只看該作者

回覆 1# iantsang 的文章

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your comments.  Yes, you're correct, I'm afraid i have to list out all the things, prioritize them and then just go for it without further hesitation. The KG selection process (application, interview and decision making) is really painful, don't wanna to drag it on any longer.  Thank you.

15#
發表於 09-12-1 15:04 |只看該作者

回覆 5# CattyMeow 的文章

醒目開學勳章

16#
發表於 09-12-1 15:56 |只看該作者
yes, you are right.  It could be very painful.  Last year I have lost sleep many nights thinking about it so this year I would really want to help parents to hopefully make it easier.  Good luck to you!

原帖由 angelacyn 於 09-12-1 13:50 發表
Hi Ian,

Thanks for your comments.  Yes, you're correct, I'm afraid i have to list out all the things, prioritize them and then just go for it without further hesitation. The KG selection process (app ...

17#
發表於 09-12-3 00:06 |只看該作者
I must choose SPK.  It is a "through-train" school and its students' English proficiency is found to be excellent.   

In my opinions, "Through-train" and "English proficency" have no conflict between eachother if you will study in SPK.  Most of the SPK students can go intoSPCSPS and most of the primary students can go into SPC.

SPK is a good kinder which can meet both "Through-train" and :Englishproficency" criteria.  I only rely on the results of analysing its historic data.  It shows that over 95% of its Form 5students got 4-5* for English in HKCEE in 2009 (i.e. http://ihouse.hkedcity.net/~sp1400/prospectus.pdf).

Although parents claimed that the English standard in SPK is lower than those reputable school.  The answer is not exactly right as SPK encourge its students to read at least one book a day.  After studying in the kinder for three years, the kids at least can finish thousand books through self-learning.  In primary and secondary, no Chinese is allowed in lessons, expect Chinese lesson.

Finally, I have to point out the school's English proficency has no direct impact on kids' English.  The school is only a hardware which can provide an environment andatmosphere for students to learn.  English must be learnt through practice and from real life.  The more youread, the more you learn.  The peer group themselves are the key for the kids to practice English well or not.

18#
發表於 09-12-3 16:32 |只看該作者

回覆 1# rickoricko 的文章

19#
發表於 09-12-3 17:21 |只看該作者
SPK的學生不是保證升上小學,所以不是 "Through-train",我有冇錯呀?

20#
發表於 09-12-3 17:26 |只看該作者

回覆 1# princess_sumyin 的文章

‹ 上一主題|下一主題