mouxxxx
maxxx and 2 friends
boxxx
kerxxxxx

Total: 26.

122#
發表於 09-12-7 18:28 |只看該作者
SSCPS has a lot I love to.
But the way it announces its result is really poor.

Why didn't it send acceptance, waiting and reject at one time?

It would be ok both if letters are sent out in Nov. or Jan 2010.  I think it would still be ok even if 99 acceptance letter and all the rest are on the waiting list.

Batch by batch is really bad to me.

123#
發表於 09-12-7 18:29 |只看該作者
no one got reject letters?

I think as one BK parent mentioned VP said this year
they send out 200 waiting list letters

原帖由 mamay 於 09-12-7 17:19 發表

why they only send letters to part of the applicants but not all?

For those who not yet get the letter, does it mean they still have chances for acceptance?

Or those accept the "waiting" letters h ...

124#
發表於 09-12-7 22:06 |只看該作者
Very unlikely that the real case is as what you guess as below, since this arrangement would "make" SSCPS inferior to schools as DGS or DBS.   

原帖由 dvb 於 09-12-6 23:33 發表

The reason is simple.  Because I HOPE SO!!  Ha.

Someone have mentioned that staff said about half were sent out.  But nearly every one believed all 99 letters had been sent.  And no idea why the sc ...

125#
發表於 09-12-7 23:24 |只看該作者

回覆 119# monkeydog 的文章

1 from Lingnan, 1 from KCS, 1 from Kau Yan, 3 from local small kindergartens.  so i don't think the principal chooses students from specific kindergarten.  Also, they are just ordinary families-not those super-rich, no driver, etc...

126#
發表於 09-12-7 23:36 |只看該作者
Of course, the real situation may be that the school sent all 99 acceptance letters on 8 Nov, called others to register on 27 Nov to fill up the unregistered seats and then sent out the waiting list letters.  This fulfils most of the applicants' expectation.

But SSPCS leaves a lot of room for "some" applicants to imagine.

- some letters sent much earlier than the official deadline, Jan 2010, and some still haven't got the letters
- the VP said offers would be sent batch by batch.
- the reply from the school staff made things complicated, seems more than one BK parent had made enquiry and had similar reply.

Anyway, to make things simple, just assume SSCPS sent all waiting list and will begin to call again in the comming summer......then File Closed Temporarily.

127#
發表於 09-12-8 10:45 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

128#
發表於 09-12-8 23:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 dvb 於 09-12-7 23:36 發表
Of course, the real situation may be that the school sent all 99 acceptance letters on 8 Nov, called others to register on 27 Nov to fill up the unregistered seats and then sent out the waiting list l ...

I agree. I am also on the waiting list. A friend of mine got a rejection letter 2 Fridays ago. I know at least 6 kids from our school got SSCPS' offers and 2 of them didn't register because they got better offers. At least another 2 kids are on the waiting list. There maybe more kids from our school who have got SSCPS' offers that I am not aware of.

I will take the other parent's advice: relax and enjoy my Christmas holiday.  Whatever will be will be.

129#
發表於 09-12-10 13:26 |只看該作者
seems not many got reject letters so far. It may mean a long waiting list

原帖由 bbone 於 09-12-8 23:49 發表

I agree. I am also on the waiting list. A friend of mine got a rejection letter 2 Fridays ago. I know at least 6 kids from our school got SSCPS' offers and 2 of them didn't register because they got ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題