用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 urgent urgent ~ 聖彼得小學下午校 與 高主教小學 ...
查看: 3868|回覆: 21
go

urgent urgent ~ 聖彼得小學下午校 與 高主教小學 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-25 09:29 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
請問聖彼得小學(山道)同高主教,你地會點決定呢?明天就要註冊了,我仲未決定到. 我本身就想入聖彼得,因為仲有個妹跟住,3年後我唔駛再頭痛,但讀下午班我又唔係咁開心.
我請教過其他人,大部份都話高主教, 高主教比聖彼得高幾班架,唔好為左個女而放棄亞仔有得入好學校的機會. 但今早問過亞仔班主任,佢話聖彼得係間好學校, 教學幾好,又難入,叫我考慮下聖彼得......  咁到底邊間學校好d呢?
各有各不同意見,我真係好難決定呀, 請各位幫下忙分析啦..
tks a lot.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-11-25 10:37 |只看該作者
If there is a sister, for easy & no headache anymore to her. Of course choose St. Peter la. As the secondary school network not bad too. Most important thing is free of charge.

3#
發表於 09-11-25 10:56 |只看該作者
Hard to choose but I think I would choose RC because:

- there's not much worry for secondary school (RC secondary can be the backup if your son's academic result is at the middle, if top ones of course can apply for better school).  If opt for St Peter's, have to go through a tough process again for secondary school.  This is an important reason to consider.

- RC is now a co-ed school.  if your son is accepted, your daugher have very very high chance to be accepted by RC as well.

原帖由 aa120520 於 09-11-25 10:37 發表
If there is a sister, for easy & no headache anymore to her. Of course choose St. Peter la. As the secondary school network not bad too. Most important thing is free of charge.

4#
發表於 09-11-25 11:42 |只看該作者
If I were you I would take 聖彼得 rather than 高主教. Since you have a daughter who will go to primary school a few years later, it is more important to secure her a place in primary school than considering secondary school at this moment, which I believe that 高主教 cannot guarantee to accept your daugther a few years later.

高主教 is definitely provide a through train education from primary to secondary. But my view is, applying secondary school is not the same as applying primary school, which secondary school depends a lot of academic results, so if you were doing good at 聖彼得 I do not think it is difficult to get in good secondary school. But for primary school, even you have very smart and bright children, you cannot control / guarantee entering any of the schools.

To have your son secured primary and secondary education in 高主教 but your daughter would not guarantee any primary education, verus to secure both your son and daughter to a good primary school - "聖彼得", it is a tough call but I would pick the latter.

[ 本帖最後由 tiksilong 於 09-11-25 11:45 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 09-11-25 11:47 |只看該作者
原帖由 im_cyt 於 09-11-25 10:56 發表
Hard to choose but I think I would choose RC because:

- there's not much worry for secondary school (RC secondary can be the backup if your son's academic result is at the middle, if top ones of cour ...

Yes +1 vote

6#
發表於 09-11-25 12:00 |只看該作者
我都係咁諗, 而我係聖彼得下午校的畢業生,相信就係因為呢點才能第一輪就派到聖彼得,但係07年出生率勁升,我諗到時呢個分已經無作所為.但靠亞哥就一定得. 3年後,競爭大, 私校又未必一定收我個女.....不過, 又有朋友說高主教好D, 唔好為左亞女而斷送亞仔的前途... 唔顧得咁多, 各人有各人命運安排. ........ 真係15,16........... 好驚同佢揀錯..... 比多D意見我啦, TKS.

7#
發表於 09-11-25 12:32 |只看該作者
ta_ta, I think I have a very similar situation like you. My son is now K3 and my daughter is a 2007 kids. My plan is:

- If my son got a school (a good one) from discretionary phase, I will take it as it means my daugther will be secure a place 3 years later. Ten my daughter can find a kindergarten near where I live for K1-K3.
- If my son only got private/dss school, since my daughter will not be guaranteed (but maybe the chance is a little bit higher but no guarantee as far as I know), then I will try to find a better kindergarten for my daughter (especially for the kindergartens with primary school) so she has a higher chance to avoid going through all the painful process of finding a primary school.

Unfortunately my son did not got any luck during the discreationary phase...

原帖由 ta_ta 於 09-11-25 12:00 發表
我都係咁諗, 而我係聖彼得下午校的畢業生,相信就係因為呢點才能第一輪就派到聖彼得,但係07年出生率勁升,我諗到時呢個分已經無作所為.但靠亞哥就一定得. 3年後,競爭大, 私校又未必一定收我個女.....不過, 又有朋友說 ...

8#
發表於 09-11-25 12:33 |只看該作者
但係07年出生率勁升,我諗到時呢個分已經無作所為.但靠亞哥就一定得. 3年後,競爭大, 私校又未必一定收我個女.

If you know & can point out the above MAIN issue/concern. Just a simple question. You want 100% 2 win or only 1 win & need to think again few years later for the little girl? Of course you need to think about the secondary school later. But if your kid study well, nothing need to afraid. Many secondary willing to offer a seat for them. (Just my personal idea.) Final call is on yours.

醒目開學勳章

9#
發表於 09-11-25 12:34 |只看該作者
Go for St Peter 斷送亞仔的前途!

St Peter is also a good school.... though you don't prefer to PM class.

My niece was studying there from P1-P6 and she got admitted to St Stephen's Girls College this year.

Of course we have to think of the path of secondary school when we prepare which primary school to go for our kids.

Provided with good academic results, girls of St Peter can choose Ying Wa or St Stephen Girls. For boys, they can choose King's or St Louis or even St Paul Boys (DSS). There are a lot of good choices around.

PS I am also old student of St Peter PM class.

[ 本帖最後由 kittylock 於 09-11-25 12:45 編輯 ]

10#
發表於 09-11-25 12:43 |只看該作者
聖彼得,free of charge。
Save兩個小朋友學費出面學多d嘢重好

11#
發表於 09-11-25 12:56 |只看該作者
原帖由 chunchunchu 於 09-11-25 12:43 發表
聖彼得,free of charge。
Save兩個小朋友學費出面學多d嘢重好

I may take the opportunity to quote a case - I know of a kid -has behavioural problem -admitted to St Peter by lucky draw - cause lot of troubles at school, including fighting, disturbance etc... - because of system and resources, school let him to study from P1 to P6 - finally allocated to a Band 3 school. This may only be an isolated case - 1in a million but I can imagine the troubles and disturbances as well as possible influence on personalities the kid could have made to other normal students. I don't think U can make this up by external tutorship ....etc. That's 1 critical reason why I'd rather pay (save in other aspects ) to let my kid to study in DSS /private.

12#
發表於 09-11-25 17:51 |只看該作者
原帖由 waiwaibaba 於 09-11-25 12:56 發表

I may take the opportunity to quote a case - I know of a kid -has behavioural problem -admitted to St Peter by lucky draw - cause lot of troubles at school, including fighting, disturbance etc... -  ...

haha....I don't believe that a DSS/private school can block all problem kid by just an interview.
I believe that all "good" school will have bad students and all "bad" school will have good students.....there is no guarantee that students in DSS and private school are all good students

[ 本帖最後由 treeyear 於 09-11-25 17:55 編輯 ]

13#
發表於 09-11-25 17:57 |只看該作者
原帖由 treeyear 於 09-11-25 17:51 發表

haha....I don't believe that a DSS/private school can block all problem kid by just an interview.
I believe that all "good" school will have bad students and all "bad" school will have good student ...

Totally agreed. Those private school only can reduce the chance to accept the 'problem' children. No gurantee.

14#
發表於 09-11-25 18:28 |只看該作者
原帖由 aa120520 於 09-11-25 17:57 發表

Totally agreed. Those private school only can reduce the chance to accept the 'problem' children. No gurantee.

Yes, nothing is guaranteed but as most of the symptoms of in-born behavioural problems become apparent at age of 5-6, experienced interviewers can screen out most, if not all, of them. I think as responsible parents, we should do our best to mitigate risks to our kids.

15#
發表於 09-11-25 18:36 |只看該作者
Well, may be I am a bit over-sensitive, cause I'm taking course on child psych and learn so many worrying, current cases in Hong Kong - so just Good Luck!

16#
發表於 09-11-25 23:48 |只看該作者
原帖由 waiwaibaba 於 09-11-25 18:28 發表

Yes, nothing is guaranteed but as most of the symptoms of in-born behavioural problems become apparent at age of 5-6, experienced interviewers can screen out most, if not all, of them. I think as re ...

Sorry ....but I have doubts on the points...

1. how do you know that the problem kid got in-born behavioural problems

2. the case last for more than 6 years (from lucky draw to band 3 secondary school)...how do you know all details?  you learn from whom?

3. it seems to be a story that can happen in any school, shouldn't relate it to just St. Peter

4. the conclusion of the points seem to be:
- a responsible parent shouldn't let their kid study in St. Peter
- even...a responsible parent shouldn't let their kid study in government school
- or a responsible parent should let their kid study in DSS/Private school only

It is very misleading and I think parent should not consider schools just becasue they are DSS/private and got an interview process.

[ 本帖最後由 treeyear 於 09-11-26 00:21 編輯 ]

17#
發表於 09-11-26 03:52 |只看該作者
原帖由 treeyear 於 09-11-25 23:48 發表

Sorry ....but I have doubts on the points...

1. how do you know that the problem kid got in-born behavioural problems

2. the case last for more than 6 years (from lucky draw to band 3 secondary s ...

1. For problems like 過度...,亞氏..,自閉...they are usually caused by in-born factors

2.We know the kid for a no. of yr- it is a REAL case- believe it or not is up to U. And 1 more pt, th e parent in this case did ask for the school to re-take but the school did not allow and let him to b promoted. On the other hand, the parent did not want to give up the seat in this famous school for studies in special school. It's a pity.

3. the kid happens to study in St. Peter - I don't imply St. Peter has above or below average no of problem kids - I really don't know

4. I simply say the fact that government / subsidised school having no power to select students based on personal merits, characters, behaviours and fact that only under very exceptional circumstances can they kick out problem kids.

18#
發表於 09-11-26 08:33 |只看該作者
選校要一個還一個, 你有無問過仔仔, 佢想選邊間?  佢咁辛苦先考到, 你而家唔俾佢讀, 會唔會唔開心?

高主教係男友校, 如果你女女唔太差的話, 有阿哥讀緊, 一定有優勢, 就算無私校back up, 女生在中西區大把選擇 (這區係女生天堂!)

19#
發表於 09-11-26 09:52 |只看該作者
若經濟許可,考慮高主教。
原因:對手同學會有較大挑戰性。
至於妺妺將來比錢的可考高主教,聖嘉勒,聖心私校,大抽獎頭位仍可選St Peter或聖心下午....機會多的是。

20#
發表於 09-11-26 10:20 |只看該作者
主要考慮 :

1. 經濟狀況
如果可以 2 個都交學費 (可能女入其他私校)
選高主教

2. 返半日全日都無所謂

高主教整體成績的確比 st.peter 好, 家長亦比較緊張學生品行, 校舍好 d, 最重要升中安定好多 (75%上中學)
‹ 上一主題|下一主題