搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 高主教 vs St. Clares
查看: 5895|回覆: 53
go

高主教 vs St. Clares [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-14 10:57 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
高主教 vs St. Clares
My daughter is a girl, how do you choose?  which is is better?
Thanks
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-11-14 11:20 |只看該作者
1) which one is closer to your home? for a small girl (only 6 when going to P1), it is tired to go a long way everyday.

2) if both are not far from your place, I will select St. Clares.

Of course, you may need to consider the personality of your girl - Some may not like to play with the boys that St. Clares is the best option. But some are "easy going" & that is good to stay in a school with boys - Ramondi seems to be fine.  

原帖由 AugSun 於 09-11-14 10:57 發表
高主教 vs St. Clares
My daughter is a girl, how do you choose?  which is is better?
Thanks

3#
發表於 09-11-14 12:36 |只看該作者
1. My girl's classmate is studying in St. Clare, and she is a polite and hard working girl.
2. However, for my case (I got the offer from Raimondi and is going to have St Clare's interview on 21st), I may still choose Raimondi at the end if my girl can luckily get the offer from St. Clare
3.  My consideration is:  she has a brother, Wan chai is nearer and it's a co edu school
4. Co edu may be is a better growing up environment since the society we are living in are boys and girls together........

These are just for my case, so may be u need to think abt yr case to choose as well, both are gd schools

4#
發表於 09-11-14 19:57 |只看該作者
I share your feeling about St. Clare and I actually like my girl studying in girl school..... BUT just got a new little brother this year, he has nearly no marks and given the high born rate, shall I select Raimondi?

5#
發表於 09-11-14 21:16 |只看該作者
你打算比你個女升讀RC中學部嗎?

6#
發表於 09-11-14 22:26 |只看該作者
I know a mom has an elder son studying P.2 in RC.  His younger son got the acceptance from RC and is going to study there next yr.   She told me that it's a high chance to get into RC if u ve brother and sister studying there............

I didn't put it into high priority before I have done all this P.1 admission thing this yr!  It's a torturing process!  I have applied 9 schools for my girl and everywhere is hard to get a seat cos' most schools are at least 10 kids competing for one seat!!!!  I think 2 yrs after will be a disaster since the birth rate is high.............

This is why I need to choose a school that need to consider the little brother as well......... I don't wanna to go through this all again.........

原帖由 YauYingMummy 於 09-11-14 19:57 發表
I share your feeling about St. Clare and I actually like my girl studying in girl school..... BUT just got a new little brother this year, he has nearly no marks and given the high born rate, shall I  ...

7#
發表於 09-11-15 10:39 |只看該作者
原帖由 cmchang0927 於 09-11-14 22:26 發表
I know a mom has an elder son studying P.2 in RC.  His younger son got the acceptance from RC and is going to study there next yr.   She told me that it's a high chance to get into RC if u ve brother  ...

分析得好合理, 好同意. 一兩年後, 競爭會更激烈.

8#
發表於 09-11-15 21:31 |只看該作者
If RC's level is better than st. clare, I believe my girl can have more secondary school choice....

9#
發表於 09-11-15 22:50 |只看該作者
YauYingMummy
Why you think RC's level is better than St. Clare.

I have got a little son too. My daughter is now studying in St. Clare.  I also got acceptance in RC.

For me, I think RC starts to teach Mandarin in P1 and St. Clare is not.  St.  Clare English is strong.  They have french too but not compulsory.  RC's Maths and General Studies are partially in English and Cantonese.  I am not sure what is in English in St Clare - that I will have to find out more.  RC just starts to have girls recently.  

For me, RC's secondary school is closer than St. Clare's secondary school.  Location RC won.  I agree that in the future, the competition is higher due to high birth rate.

However, I think RC is not difficult to get a seat.  I saw a lot of boys prefer St. Pauls boy than RC.  I don't know why? If people are accepted by both schools, is it worth to go to RC because of a little brother?  Or people really thinsk RC is better than St. Clare.  Anybody got any supporting reasons or points?

Thanks

原帖由 YauYingMummy 於 09-11-15 21:31 發表
If RC's level is better than st. clare, I believe my girl can have more secondary school choice....

10#
發表於 09-11-16 17:09 |只看該作者
In the old days, I think St. Clares is my first choice for my daughter as I like my girl studying in girl school and St. Clare's academic result is quite stable.  With the new baby this year, I need to think about co-edu because it will be very difficult to get a seat for my son five years later!

Girl section in RC is so new and I want more information, especially RC's academic level,  before sending my girl to RC.

11#
發表於 09-11-16 18:18 |只看該作者
Can anybody share your view for the academic studies in St. Clare and RC?

原帖由 YauYingMummy 於 09-11-16 17:09 發表
In the old days, I think St. Clares is my first choice for my daughter as I like my girl studying in girl school and St. Clare's academic result is quite stable.  With the new baby this year, I need t ...

12#
發表於 09-11-16 18:36 |只看該作者
原帖由 AugSun 於 09-11-16 18:18 發表
Can anybody share your view for the academic studies in St. Clare and RC?

For girl I will choose St Clare. As my sister study here before. Although many years ago, I have 3 sister study in different girl school. True light, St Clare & St Stephen. Over St Clare near the best.

13#
發表於 09-11-16 19:29 |只看該作者
I would say it is acceptable in general. See this link to download school profile for their secondary public exam result http://www.raimondi.edu.hk/new/admission.

In primary school, the top 20% will sometimes go to QC, KC, SP, DB etc and of course there are bottom 20% who cannot go back to secondary school. I think this happened to every school.

They start mandarin in P1. General Studies and Mathematics will start in Chinese first and then use in English for the rest of the year.

14#
發表於 09-11-16 22:08 |只看該作者
I also love St. Clare so much.  I agree that St. Clare's English is the best in compare with True Light and St. Stephen girl.  However, I just think RC recently has usedtheir heart for teaching?  From their website, it seems they are changing.  I have got a little son and I quite worried about the birth rate is very high for 2007 and it might be difficult to get a seat.

And I just see St. Clare has their number of girls lesser in recent years?  you can see from EDB that they have quite a lot of girl in P5 & P6 but not in P1 and P2, they only accept 2 classes around 60 for P1?  

I am not sure.  It is hard to make the choice.  But I do see People prefer St. Pauls boys rather than RC?

So...... at this moment, I might still vote St. Clare.  Any other opinions?

原帖由 lukv 於 09-11-16 19:29 發表
I would say it is acceptable in general. See this link to download school profile for their secondary public exam result http://www.raimondi.edu.hk/new/admission.

In primary school, the top 20% will  ...

15#
發表於 09-11-19 14:20 |只看該作者
Any ideas, what will you choose?

原帖由 AugSun 於 09-11-16 22:08 發表
I also love St. Clare so much.  I agree that St. Clare's English is the best in compare with True Light and St. Stephen girl.  However, I just think RC recently has usedtheir heart for teaching?  From ...

16#
發表於 09-11-24 00:27 |只看該作者
Anybody has an idea?

Thanks

原帖由 AugSun 於 09-11-19 14:20 發表
Any ideas, what will you choose?

17#
發表於 09-11-24 09:47 |只看該作者
原帖由 AugSun 於 09-11-16 22:08 發表
I also love St. Clare so much.  I agree that St. Clare's English is the best in compare with True Light and St. Stephen girl.  However, I just think RC recently has usedtheir heart for teaching?  From ...

St Clare's 去年度 P5 P6仍是半日舊制班數較多(上下午), P1-P4是全日制各2班。今年剩下P6為半日制, P1-P5全日制。

18#
發表於 09-11-25 00:19 |只看該作者
St Clares without doubt, teachers are caring
English level v high and 2nd school
is good, silent achievers, and a few go on to DGS etc,. ex Gov Leung Oi Si Elsie, Yip Lai yee, Li Wai Mun the singers are alumni.

Raimondi is Catholic and not sure about their achievements, Yuen Siu Cheung the fat TVB guy is an alumni.

St Clare's had sacked their K principal, i wonder if they got a new one yet.

原帖由 boying 於 09-11-24 09:47 發表

St Clare's 去年度 P5 P6仍是半日舊制班數較多(上下午), P1-P4是全日制各2班。今年剩下P6為半日制, P1-P5全日制。

19#
發表於 09-11-26 12:57 |只看該作者
Thanks

Will take some time to see the new principal is good or not.  I give up Raimondi's registration today.

原帖由 fairparent 於 09-11-25 00:19 發表
St Clares without doubt, teachers are caring
English level v high and 2nd school
is good, silent achievers, and a few go on to DGS etc,. ex Gov Leung Oi Si Elsie, Yip Lai yee, Li Wai Mun the singers a ...

20#
發表於 09-11-26 14:26 |只看該作者
why u give up RC?  I've done the registration today and looking for more comparison between RC and st. clares.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題