1#
發表於 09-11-11 20:23 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印

[ 本帖最後由 hogwarts 於 09-11-11 20:25 編輯 ]
   0    0    0    0

醒目開學勳章

2#
發表於 09-11-11 23:31 |只看該作者
What's the implication then?  

Joining the Central Allocation or not, the School has the discretion to accept kids through interview, right?  

Does it mean that all students from SPCPS can get on the 'throughtrain'?

3#
發表於 09-11-12 01:37 |只看該作者
SPC is the best boys school in the area now

4#
發表於 09-11-12 13:51 |只看該作者
Hi fairparent,

Well, it is not necessary true that SPC is the best boy school in Central & Western district.  

On the other hand, it is definitely good news for students of the SPCPS.  Once they can meet the std, as set down by the SPC, they should not need to worry about a place in SPC as some of 6 yearers last year.

5#
發表於 09-11-12 16:24 |只看該作者
原帖由 Mrs.Wong 於 09-11-11 23:31 發表
What's the implication then?  

Joining the Central Allocation or not, the School has the discretion to accept kids through interview, right?  

Does it mean that all students from SPCPS can get on th ...

According to Ms Chan, the principal, said in the Parents' Meeting for P5 and P6, all SPCPS students who achieve "good pass" in Chin/Eng/Math/GS will be accepted by SPC.

By "good pass", according to Ms. Chan, it means above 70 marks.  

Besides academic results, if a student cannot achieve "good pass" in all 4 main subjects, the school will then consider other factors like other talent and conduct in order to exercise discretion to place him in SPC.

6#
發表於 09-11-12 16:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 Teresa 於 09-11-12 16:24 發表

According to Ms Chan, the principal, said in the Parents' Meeting for P5 and P6, all SPCPS students who achieve "good pass" in Chin/Eng/Math/GS will be accepted by SPC.

By "good pass", according to ...

Teresa,

這個七十分是怎樣計的?  由JC5下學年及JC6全年的各科平均定每次都要above70?  或是一次性的考核?

[ 本帖最後由 HuiTung 於 09-11-12 16:51 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

7#
發表於 09-11-12 17:21 |只看該作者
Hi Teresa & HuiTung

請問你地覺得聖保羅小學的功課算唔算深呢? 是否大部份同學都請補習老師或上補習班呢?

Adrian Ma Ma

原帖由 HuiTung 於 09-11-12 16:49 發表

Teresa,

醒目開學勳章

8#
發表於 09-11-12 21:59 |只看該作者
原帖由 hogwarts 於 09-11-12 13:51 發表
Hi fairparent,

Well, it is not necessary true that SPC is the best boy school in Central & Western district.  

On the other hand, it is definitely good news for students of the SPCPS.  Once they can ...

May I know how many pupils currently can get overall 'good passes' in P.6?  I understand that some primary schools maintain a 70+ as their average.  If this is the case, then 50% pupils will be qualified.  Or, will this include 75% pupils or even more?

9#
發表於 09-11-12 22:05 |只看該作者
原帖由 HuiTung 於 09-11-12 16:49 發表

Teresa,

係小五下學期大考同小六2次考試 (ie 呈分試)既成績.

10#
發表於 09-11-12 23:23 |只看該作者
In the year 08/09, I guess that about 70% of students got above the avg 70.  Well, conduct ranking would become critical when the avg was below 70.  

The SPCPS academic std is "OK" hard and good scheduling is more important than private tutorial.  My experience was that many class 08/09 could still enjoy their ECAs, it was not unusual that some of the boys could still be members of several school teams, while their avg were still above 80.

It is no different this year, half of the football team members are 6 yearers and they got a 6 nil victory last Saturday, what a game.

11#
發表於 09-11-13 08:20 |只看該作者
原帖由 Teresa 於 09-11-12 22:05 發表

係小五下學期大考同小六2次考試 (ie 呈分試)既成績.

謝謝.  想問清楚d, 係咪呢三個考試中每個主科平均要over 70, 因我唔係好明怎樣"achieve overall good pass" ...

12#
發表於 09-11-13 08:46 |只看該作者
原帖由 yeesumyin 於 09-11-12 17:21 發表
Hi Teresa & HuiTung

Adrian Ma Ma

yeesumyin,

我唔清楚其他人呀!
我冇比大少上, 因為佢大部份功課都可以自己做, 唔識的和final check就由我和daddy攪掂.
我都不主張補習, 自己教得番係最好的.

13#
發表於 09-11-13 17:08 |只看該作者
原帖由 yeesumyin 於 09-11-12 17:21 發表
Hi Teresa & HuiTung

Adrian Ma Ma

一二年級唔覺得深. 係越上高年級就會越深, esp. 常識用英文書既比例大增, 即係vocab又多左, 又要背Q & A.

我覺得, 英文會深過其他學校少少, 但係未到DGS o個種深既程度.  我個仔平時既comprehension可以自己manage到, 但係一到test/exam, 因為有時間限制, 佢就要答到亂龍!

re: 補習.  以我所以, 唔係好多人全科補習, 個別補中/英就一定有.  好似我個仔, 佢既學習問題唔係跟唔上, 而係懶散拖拉, 所以我到左今年(P5)至搵功課輔導班比佢.  旨在希望佢快快手手完成功課有多d時間玩ECA/練琴.

每日既功課內容並唔深, 都係做番d workbook/worksheet, 寫下生字咁.  project好少, 最多都係常識科既資料搜集(圖片/新聞).

其實只要做野爽手d專心d, 每日既功課都唔洗2個鐘就攪掂哂.  咁就有時間去上下網, 練琴, 睇書...

醒目開學勳章

14#
發表於 09-11-14 19:06 |只看該作者
Hi,

My son got the acceptance letter from school today.  It is really a great news to my family and hope he can enjoy his school life next year.

原帖由 Teresa 於 09-11-13 17:08 發表

一二年級唔覺得深. 係越上高年級就會越深, esp. 常識用英文書既比例大增, 即係vocab又多左, 又要背Q & A.

我覺得, 英文會深過其他學校少少, 但係未到DGS o個種深既程度.  我個仔平時既comprehension可以自己manag ...

15#
發表於 09-11-15 20:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 yeesumyin 於 09-11-14 19:06 發表
Hi,

My son got the acceptance letter from school today.  It is really a great news to my family and hope he can enjoy his school life next year.

Welcome to the big family of SPC!!

16#
發表於 09-11-16 23:12 |只看該作者
原帖由 yeesumyin 於 09-11-14 19:06 發表
Hi,

Congratulation!!!!!!

醒目開學勳章

17#
發表於 09-11-17 10:28 |只看該作者
Hi Teresa, Hogwarts and YuHungMom,

Thanks. Don't know if we can meet one day in any of the school's gathering!  

原帖由 Teresa 於 09-11-16 23:12 發表

Congratulation!!!!!!

18#
發表於 09-11-21 22:01 |只看該作者
only St Joe's is equal, of course St J goes for results, but SPC comes out with "all-rounders".

Why i say that is that at King's you are left to your own devices, whilst at SPC the teachers do help.
furthermore in the Secondary school, the pace is not high stress, but steady, and your son will be exposed to a lot of communication, diplomacy and all round awareness.
a lot of the stop students go abroad before Form 4,
as i remember mostly to the UK top boys schools and recently Form 5 to Trinity at Cambridge, the TOP college, and previous winners of Scholarships to eg.Prince Phillip to Cambridge, Wesleyan are plentiful etc,.
Joseph Yam Chi Kong is on the Alumni committee
and the broad alumni network extends from Cambridge to Cornell universities to St John's College at HKU.
what can be improved is the PR for successful SPC students.
Mrs Y Chan has improved the Primary school immensely, the competition is bigger now and don't worry if your kid is hardworking and won't get bad Conduct marks, you will make it to the College.
She used to be at DGS, so think about it

原帖由 hogwarts 於 09-11-12 13:51 發表
Hi fairparent,

On the other hand, it is definitely good news for students of the SPCPS.  Once they can ...

19#
發表於 09-11-23 09:14 |只看該作者
家長版
F03
星島日報
Elsie

2009-11-23
家長八達通

-----------------------------------------------------
聖保羅書院下月招生百分百自主 順利轉直資 今年起脫統一派位
-----------------------------------------------------

不少直資中學現時已陸續招收一○年度的中一生,其中聖保羅男女中學、拔萃男書院等更已舉辦中一入學簡介會,Elsie知道另一所著名男校,位於中西區的聖保羅書院,亦將於十二月一日起,接受下年度的中一學位申請,詳細資料會於十二月一日在學校網站公布,該校網址是:www.spc.edu.hk,心儀該校的家長要留意。日前,Elsie見過聖保羅書院校長Dr.JohnKennard,談到招生詳情,Dr.Kennard說聖保羅書院今年不再參加中一統一派位,會百分百自行收生,他預計因此會有更多學生報名。

叩門額最少 十個

Dr.Kennard說,聖保羅書院和聖保羅書院小學,都屬於早期轉制為直資的學校,中學在二○○二年,小學則在二○○三年,兩校都是用循序漸進的方式,由低班開始,逐年把各級轉為直資班,校方亦把這段時間視為過渡期,中一收生時,亦仍然參加統一派位。「今年,兩校的班級已全部轉為直資班,過渡期已結束,校方認為這是適當時候作出改變,故決定不再參加統一派位。」

今年聖保羅書院提供的中一學額,跟去年一樣,同是一百八十個。以往,由於該校參加統一派位,因此,校方會預留近一半學額,供直屬小學學生和中西區男生報讀,至於其餘學額,則用作自行收生,校方亦會預留小量學額作叩門額,供統一派位結果不理想的學生報讀;今年聖保羅書院不參加統一派位,當中除要保留約八十個學額給小學部學生外,其餘會提供約九十個學額作全港招生,同時會預留十至二十個學額作第二階段,即統一派位放榜後給學生叩門之用,Dr.Kennard指這做法可增加首階段招生的學額,相信可吸引更多學生報名,所以他預計今年的報名人數會增加。

不開辦IB課程

聖保羅書院不參加統一派位,對非住在中西區的男生來說,無疑是增加了入讀的機會。Elsie看過資料,去年該校留給中西區男生作「攪珠」用的非保留學額有五個,今年該校不參加統一派位,就可以把有關學額用作自行收生,全港男生都可以報名;至於中西區的男生,則失去了可在「統一派位」選該校的優勢,因此,家長的選校策略可能要稍作調整。

在學費和課程方面,聖保羅書院並無任何改變,仍然維持全年三萬八千元;講到現時不少直資都研究開辦的國際文憑課程(IB)Dr.Kennard坦言亦曾考慮,校方更曾用十八個月時間研究IB課程,但最後仍是決定不辦IB。「IB的預科課程,最多只可以選讀兩科科學,但我們的學生大多想選讀三科科學,包括物理、化學和生物,這是學校不開IB課程的主要原因。」不過,聖保羅書院仍然希望學生有國際視野,因此,校方鼓勵高中學生,除了參加新高中學制的香港中學文憑考試外,同時參加英國的會考(IGCSE)和高考(A-Level),以增加學生在本地和海外升學的機會,不過,Dr.Kennard強調這不是強逼性的,學生可自行決定是否參加。

辦劍橋暑期課程

另外,Dr.Kennard又提到在明年暑假首次舉辦「St.Paul'sCollegeCambridgeSummerSchool」,安排中四和中五學生到英國的劍橋大學聖三一學院,修讀英國的會考和高考課程,逗留約兩至三星期,名額約廿五個,而後年的名額則會增加,估計有五十個,讓更多學生可以參與。

聖保羅書院的中一面試將於明年的三月六日舉行,面試語言以英語為主,內容主要是了解申請人的性格、興趣和學術表現等,以個人面試形式進行,不設小組面試,有意為兒子報讀該校的家長要留意。

20#
發表於 09-11-23 18:00 |只看該作者
pls note that Cambridge U admissions of  Trinity Hall Dr Miles had visited the College in Oct.
the next stop was DBS (so they are selective, i don't think he went to Kings)
more students get into Cambridge from SPC than to Oxford.

furthermore the recent Prefects camp was a resounding success.

SPC will only do the HK Diploma,
IB is not for traditional schools, to get into HKU you need very high points (48+), it's for study in foreign U and say in USA you will need to fork out >USD180,000 over 4 years + living+car+travel+danger
so if you choose IB you got to be prepared for the
$$ and don't jusy choose it for trendy or prestige purposes.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題