搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 DBS / DBJS / SPCCPS
發新帖
查看: 2231|回覆: 9
go

DBS / DBJS / SPCCPS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-11 00:58 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
People just like to talk about how to get in these schools so that I found not much other information about these schools.

With excellent reputation, these schools are considered as very good schools by most poeple.  Although some people doesn't like some aspects of the schools very much, they are still eager to get in.  Probably, they cannot refuse the attraction from these schools' reputation.

But what I also concern are their philosophy of education, the language environment, the teaching methods, the moral education, the school life and the culture of these schools.

How is the school life?
Are the kids really enjoy the school life?
Are the parents required to study hard with the kids?
Are there many homework?
Will the kids feel a lot of pressure from the schools?
Any moral education in these schools?
Will the kids brought up in these schools like to compete with each other in every aspects?
Will the kids be arrogant?

Can anyone please give me some comment about these?

[ 本帖最後由 grDaddy 於 09-11-11 13:37 編輯 ]
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-11-11 01:32 |只看該作者
Excellence is expected in every aspect is common in all the top schools.

High level of parental input is also expected.  Lots of homework and EA is expected.  

A call from the school is also expected when grades /standards are not met.   Asked to make alternative school arrangements will also be asked when corrections are not made.

Moral and culture can be determined probably  religious affiliation.   All schools will emphasize manners and conduct.  Arrogance will also depend on family values.  

Will your kids enjoy it?  Can they excel, will they fit in, do they strength of character and can you spend the time and resources to nurture them?   What are your own expectations and needs?

I know of a very successful doctor who gave his place at a very top boy school because he had to take the bus home and all other kids got picked up by Benz.

3#
發表於 09-11-11 08:29 |只看該作者

Thanks

原帖由 smartmatt 於 09-11-11 01:32 發表

High level of parental input is also expected.  Lots of homework and EA is expected.  

A call from the school is also expect ...

Very good topic and information. Thanks a lot !

4#
發表於 09-11-11 10:20 |只看該作者
Do you actually have kid(s) studying in these school or are you just hearsaying?

While grDaddy were asking for general facts of school, you are not answering the question but inject what you think of these school here.

原帖由 smartmatt 於 09-11-11 01:32 發表

A call from the school is also expect ...
:-D

5#
發表於 09-11-11 10:37 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

6#
發表於 09-11-11 11:12 |只看該作者
wootaitai

- the pressure is too high, too competitive.
- lots of unhealthy competition and comparison
- they think the high standards are from "competitve" parents, not the school

Then, do you think the above statements are true or not?  If so, it is just a matter of like it or not.

7#
發表於 09-11-11 11:31 |只看該作者

8#
發表於 09-11-11 12:29 |只看該作者
原帖由 wootaitai 於 09-11-11 10:37 發表
well most of the people I know who have kids in DGJS say

- the pressure is too high, too competitive.
- lots of unhealthy competition and comparison
- they think the high standards are from "competi ...

How about DBS?

9#
發表於 09-11-11 13:34 |只看該作者
"Excellence is expected in every aspect" - Is it real?  If so, can it really be attained by most of the students?  I do think very very few students can really be excellent in every aspect.  Is it only a direction?  Or, they really push the students to achieve that hard goal.

High level of parental input seems to be a must.  What are the schools's input?  The peer group, the study environment, and what else?  It seems that the schools just provide a platform for the parents and students to achieve excellence through fierce competition.  Parents produce the excellent products and then the schools just give the products a good brand name.  Is this perception right or not?  I hope someone can let me know more about those schools' philosophy.

Unlike some schools, they seem not put much emphasis on the moral education, even their own religious values.  These schools may really love and care but love and care are not the core value they most emphasize.  Right?  Is the core value they deliever, intentionally or not, compete to excel?  "Survival by Excellent"?

To me, the development of a child will be the total result from both the family and school, especially the primary schools.  It is sometimes the school value or culture would be so strong to override the family.

I do think those kids who can fit in will enjoy life in school.  How about the average ones?  As I know, there are a few cases that students leaving their schools as they cannot cope with the life in schools.  I think they must have struggled for a long time before leaving and  be in a state of frustration or 解脫 at the time they leave.  It is really a hard time to them.  How about those who can stay?  Are they feeling hard or bad although they can stay?

It seems that it is a bit risky in the sense that if one cannot fit in the schools, one will suffer instead.  Be excellent, hard or be frustrated.  Correct or not?

Perhaps, these questions do not really matter.  The concern right now is get accpeted or not.

[ 本帖最後由 grDaddy 於 09-11-11 13:40 編輯 ]

10#
發表於 09-11-11 14:44 |只看該作者
‹ 上一主題|下一主題