搜索
發新帖
查看: 1917|回覆: 4
go

Student life [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-6 17:22 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
May I ask how student life is like at SSCPS?  We are interested to learn:

1) How many homeworks per day?  Are they in English or Chinese?
2) How many tests/exams per year?
3) English standard of the school
4) What is the most popular ECA?  Music?  Sports?  Performing arts?
5) Does the school push student hard in academics?

Many thanks.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-11-15 00:03 |只看該作者

Student life for grade 1 students

Hi,

Refer to your question,

1. after few months to adapt the grade 1 school life, some homeworks has been given to the students in both English and Chinese.
2. depends on subjects.  each semester 1exam + 1test.
3. Not bad....native speakers to teach English.  Children learning very fast.
4. Music
5. depends on which school you are going to compared with.  I guess it used to be the one most relax.  However this year they try to raise the standard so push a bit more than before....but till not as harsh as others brand 1 school.

3#
發表於 09-11-17 17:07 |只看該作者
Dear alvinapapa,

Thanks very much for your information.  May I ask a few more questions:

1) How long does it take for your child to finish the homeworks?  1 hour?  2 hours?
2) Is there any project-type of homework?
3) Is there any student who bring his/her own lunch to school?  Also, do you think if it is ok (politically) to do so?
4) How do you like the teachers in general?  Do you think they have the passion to teach?
5) Do students go to school on Saturday (for whatever reason)?

Finally, may I ask the reason(s) why you have picked SCCPS for your child?  

Sorry for the long-winded questions...

espana

原帖由 alvinapapa 於 09-11-15 00:03 發表
Hi,

Refer to your question,

1. after few months to adapt the grade 1 school life, some homeworks has been given to the students in both English and Chinese.
2. depends on subjects.  each semester 1e ...

4#
發表於 09-11-22 19:38 |只看該作者
Hi Espana,

1. we prepare a time table for our kid, about 1.5 hrs for doing homework and revision.  so far she can finish the homework pretty soon. only those English homework....sometimes i think it is a bit difficult for a child which she need her parent to assist.
2) Yes, they do lots of project, and they offer a chance for presentation as well.
3) I think it is okay.  if you want to bring your own lunch box i think acceptable as well.  no political at all.
4) Yes, you can feel from your kid they really have patience and passion to teach.
5)  no
6) happy school life which emphasis all round education, language(s) capability.

5#
發表於 09-11-23 15:05 |只看該作者
Dear alvinapapa,

Thanks for your info.  

espana

原帖由 alvinapapa 於 09-11-22 19:38 發表
Hi Espana,

1. we prepare a time table for our kid, about 1.5 hrs for doing homework and revision.  so far she can finish the homework pretty soon. only those English homework....sometimes i think it  ...

[ 本帖最後由 espana 於 09-11-23 15:07 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題