用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 德望學校 squeeze 45 students in a class!!!!!!
查看: 3579|回覆: 52
go

德望學校 squeeze 45 students in a class!!!!!! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-5 11:01 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
This is terrible. I wonder how the students can concentrate when they are busy chatting with each other. And how the teacher can manage to control and teach the students.  The trend is towards small class teaching ie 25 students nowadays.  Don't tell me the school just throws the teaching materials and homework to the students and ask them to complete themselves without any adequate supports from the teachers. How the students get enough support from the teacher when he or she has to handle 45 of them.  This is really BAD. It's time for Goodhope to review its policy critically.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-11-5 11:21 |只看該作者
德望係私校,唔啱妳心水咩唔好讀囉,又唔係得佢一間,咁大反應做乜!

3#
發表於 09-11-5 11:34 |只看該作者
三国 魏 曹植 《与杨德祖书》:“人各有好尚,兰茝蓀蕙之芳,众人所好,而海畔有逐臭之夫。”

4#
發表於 09-11-5 11:36 |只看該作者
Agreed.

I remembered there were 45 students in a class in my days in primary school and secondary school.  Those who performed did not have problems wor, most of them got 5As or more.

Good Hope is a school that takes smart, well-disciplined and self-motivated girls.  They can concentrate anyway and do not need excess attention from teachers.

Kids require special attention / coaching may better choose schools providing small class.

原帖由 Bon_Bon_Pa_Pa 於 09-11-5 11:21 發表

5#
發表於 09-11-5 12:15 |只看該作者
Oh really? The class size surprised me!

Then I better go for other schools la. But frankly speaking, how should we expect a 6-year-old kid can sit quietly and pay attention to the teacher? I wonder how the teacher can control 45 kids in a class, while she has to keep the teaching in progress. Given that Good Hope charges $3xxx per month, they must have made alot of money with this arrangement!

6#
發表於 09-11-6 00:58 |只看該作者
Agreed!!    

原帖由 Bon_Bon_Pa_Pa 於 09-11-5 11:21 發表

7#
發表於 09-11-6 10:04 |只看該作者
I think this is not fair to comment that the school make profit cause of admitting 45 kids in a class.  Being a private school, the school receives $0 subsidies from government and she has to bear all the expenses.  And you can imagine only the maintenance cost of the campus already cost a lot of money.  

In my old days, all primary school admitted over 40-45 students in one class.  Though the trend is having small class now, I don't see that it must be a failure when the class size is 45.

PS  I am not a Good Hope parent

8#
發表於 09-11-6 10:38 |只看該作者
以前,啲人成日話大陸都小班教學啦,點解香港咁落後?但佢地唔知,係大陸嘅重點中小學,因個個都想入,走後門,有權用權,有錢用錢,結果,每班60人或以上。

我阿大讀小學時,每班也40多人。到阿ニ讀時,收生少了,接近40人。我並不感到高興,我反而担心學校收費不足,影响營運。對我,我並未感到多人少人對教育之影响。因為,都係傳统教法,教師講解,学生吸收。

我久不久有去行山,重陽節去行西貢麥里浩第二段。嘩,人山人海,但沿途美景,和平時行山,並無ニ致。阿三騎係爸爸肩上,和另一三唔識七嘅小女孩(都係騎騎係爸爸肩上)比賽馬力,幾開心啊!

9#
發表於 09-11-6 10:39 |只看該作者
It is a real situation.  Some teachers are unable to control the 45 students.  Sometimes the teachers may control them with deep loathing because it is a quick method.  Thus some of students may dislike their teachers.  The students may also hate to learn the subject.  If the teacher can't do that, she is unable to control all students keeping quiet and focus.  If your kid can't concentrate and keep quiet during lesson, please don't apply the school.  Otherwise you and your kid may hate the school.  You may think there is no good teacher there.

10#
發表於 09-11-6 11:38 |只看該作者
Whether the teacher can take control of the class depends primarily on 2 factors - (1) the ability of the teacher in managing the students and (2) the degree of management attention needed for the students.

If the teacher is not capable enough, he / she would even not able to manage a class with 20+ students.  

Besides, I noted majority of those girls accepted by GH are usually self-disciplined and self-motivated.  Hence, they do not need a great deal of teacher's management.  There may be a few active / talkative girls.  However, majority are self-disciplined and they are minority.  Hence, it would not be that difficult.

On the other side, I have more concern on the pressure of the teachers as they have to marked homework for a class of over 40 Vs 30+.  The workload is quite heavy.

11#
發表於 09-11-6 11:46 |只看該作者
传统教法,老师教书,学生吸收,如此做法,学生数目多多都得,大学时候,1个prof对着700人都可以。
问题是你buy不buy而已。

原帖由 judy 於 09-11-6 10:38 發表
以前,啲人成日話大陸都小班教學啦,點解香港咁落後?但佢地唔知,係大陸嘅重點中小學,因個個都想入,走後門,有權用權,有錢用錢,結果,每班60人或以上。

我阿大讀小學時,每班也40多人。到阿ニ讀時,收生少了,接近40人。我並不感到高興,我 ...

12#
發表於 09-11-6 11:56 |只看該作者
You are right.  

There is no absolute conclusion on whether big class or small class is good.  It depends on which one you "buy".

GH has long been positioning itself as a well-established traditional school with far from satisfactory performance record.

The daughter of my friend studies there.  She is very self-motivated - her parents have never bothered on her study - homework, test and exam.  She would ask or find out by herself if you do not understand or follow.

My boy is totally different.  He shouldn't be put in school of this style.  Otherwise, I am killing myself.

原帖由 猴子爸 於 09-11-6 11:46 發表
问题是你buy不buy而已。

13#
發表於 09-11-6 12:11 |只看該作者
原帖由 猴子爸 於 09-11-6 11:46 發表
问题是你buy不buy而已。

個Prof有料嘅,一千,一萬人都冇問題。冇料嘅,一對一都浪費時間。

講開依家大學,我嘅子侄依家有幾個讀緊。上課靜靜地聽書抄筆記都預咗,但導修課都係咁噃。分別係導修課講習題而己。

選學校,先選教學方法,選了教學方法,再去理大班小班也不遲。

14#
發表於 09-11-6 12:25 |只看該作者
GH is a traditional Catholic primary school where the pupils are trained to be disciplined, well-behaved and decent girls, like other Catholic schools, Sacred Heart, St. Mary, 德雅, etc. Therefore, the teacher is not hard to control them during the lesson.

It can't say GH can make a lot money because she accepted 45 pupils in a class. Please check the facility of GH primary school - she has 30 class rooms, 5 dancing rooms, 10 music rooms, 8 multi-functional rooms, 1 big hall can accommodate >1400 ppl, 1 standard 50M indoor swimming pool, 1 mulit-function playground, 1 library, etc. I am so admire the facilities of GHPS while comparing with other primary school. Comparatively, GHPS's school fee is not high. All these facilities need significant on-going maintenance cost. She has the facilities well better than SPCCPS where the school fee of SPCCPS is HKD 6000/m.

It is not simply depend on the size of the class to comment the school is good or not. And not even from the facilities that the school can provided, but all including the mission, curriculum, teacher ratio, awards and academic results of pupils, etc.

15#
發表於 09-11-6 12:35 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

16#
發表於 09-11-6 12:43 |只看該作者
原帖由 Bon_Bon_Pa_Pa 於 09-11-6 12:25 發表
GH is a traditional Catholic primary school where the pupils are trained to be disciplined, well-behaved and decent girls, like other Catholic schools, Sacred Heart, St. Mary, 德雅, etc. Therefore, th ...

我都唔明直資點解收咁貴。

17#
發表於 09-11-6 12:59 |只看該作者
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-11-6 12:35 發表
You are absolutely wrong.

It is absolutely true that small class is better for any types of students.

In fact, your quoted examples exactly illustrated that some students might be less affected by  ...

喂,聰明仔的爸爸,

恭喜你,你發明咗"阿媽係女人"之至理。應奪諾XX獎!

"I think no GH parents would reject if GH can offer a smaller class without increasing the school fee.",好正,我估冇德望家長反對。

18#
發表於 09-11-6 13:17 |只看該作者

19#
發表於 09-11-6 13:22 |只看該作者

20#
發表於 09-11-6 14:10 |只看該作者
“问题是你buy不buy而已”
如果全香港德望的目标家长都不喜欢它每班45个人,难道它可以继续下去吗?就是因为它有市场,还可以有成绩,这情形可以继续下去。你不喜欢的话,无所谓,它还有很多客户,事实就是这么简单。

原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-11-6 12:35 發表
You are absolutely wrong.

It is absolutely true that small class is better for any types of students.

In fact, your quoted examples exactly illustrated that some students might be less affected by  ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題