密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 不知所為的聖馬加利
查看: 20519|回覆: 145
go

不知所為的聖馬加利 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-10-28 17:59 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
我個仔上次去這間學校interivew, 小朋友一Group一Group咁由1個老師帶佢地坐lift上去班房interview, 大人就係大堂坐底填問卷等小朋友。過咗大約半個小時,我group D 小朋友就 一個倆個咁係lift出來。見我個仔嗰group都應該走晒,我和我老公就係咁望實個lift門口,睇佢幾時落來,記住,我係行咗去lift前面望實嗰lift門架。終於,Lift門一開,見到我個仔,但係成個Lift裏面只係得我個仔一個人。 一個5歲都唔夠的細佬仔自己一個人坐lift, 我立刻同啊仔講點解無人陪你坐lift?佢重問我佢係唔係好叻呢?激死!係大堂有成班家長做証,20+家長都見到,D家長都你眼望我眼,都好奇怪!間學校都知所為的,如果困lift咁點吖??? 小朋友根本都唔可以處理啦!D小朋友咁細,連按警鍾都按唔到啦!
我為咗唔想影響嗰仔的interivew,就帶佢出左大門外問佢,你頭先係唔係走失咗啊?佢話無吖!我問點解你咁遲?我個仔就話要排隊,佢係最後一個! 我再問佢頭先有無人帶係去坐lift,佢話有!我問佢點解無大人陪你坐lift,佢話唔知吖!我問佢你係唔係係1樓落唻呢?佢話唔係1,係7樓,佢話係7字唻! 我真係好嬲!我上咗taxi,再同啊仔傾吓頭先老師問你D嘢識唔識,佢話好難,問我財神英文係乜嘢,因為老師問佢佢唔識答! xyz@#! 攪錯呀?財神英文都考,你話要考深的英文,考大空人、河馬都可以接受,考財神,我都唔識讀啦!成間學校都不知所為!

[ 本帖最後由 citipeggy 於 09-10-30 03:48 編輯 ]
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-10-28 18:07 |只看該作者
唔係化......

我個囡 in 個日都好搞笑. 我同佢地講要 in, 佢地望一望我張 receipt 便給我填問卷, 又冇說什麼.我便以為要填完才有得 in, 份問卷仲係 好長. 要我填完才有得 in ? 夜晚都未有得 in 啦. 佢地又唔出聲. 在我交完份 '求其' 問卷之后. 很快便叫我個囡了. 我隔離個小朋友, 等左成粒幾鐘都未有得 in.

我覺得佢地的安排有點問題.

點解唔俾小朋友 in 左先, 我地慢慢填份問卷呢 ?

d 小朋友要 in 成粒鐘, 我地都填完啦.

原帖由 citipeggy 於 09-10-28 17:59 發表
我個仔上次去這間學校interivew, 小朋友一Group一Group咁由1個老師帶佢地坐lift上去班房interview, 大人就係大堂坐底填問卷等小朋友。過咗大約半個小時,我group D 小朋友就 一個倆個咁係lift出來。見我個仔嗰group都 ...

3#
發表於 09-10-28 18:08 |只看該作者
Absolutely shared your grievance.  Such a careless mistake may lead to a fatal accident.

But your kid is so brave to be in the lift alone.....

By the way, I think it may be the 'God of Fortune'.

[ 本帖最後由 good-boy 於 09-10-28 18:25 編輯 ]

4#
發表於 09-10-28 18:17 |只看該作者
You should talk to the school office immediately.  If it is the case, it is an issue.

5#
發表於 09-10-28 20:02 |只看該作者
我都覺得應該即刻同學校反映, 始終得一個小朋友乘電梯係好唔安全, 學校應該要注意.

相信學校都係expect小朋友答 "god"已經ok, 我諗係考小朋友反應同轉數je.  我囡囡果年老師比張"仙人掌"圖, 佢都唔識仙人掌點講, 結果佢答"plant", 老師都話good.

6#
發表於 09-10-28 20:41 |只看該作者
甘就過份左D,佢地當D小朋友已大過了in小學要獨立自己坐|ift,危險D吓嘛,入左去續後自己又睇语到,有事發生都唔知點算!

7#
發表於 09-10-28 22:51 |只看該作者
點解唔直接問小朋友"神"的英文, 要比個"財神"問呀? 小朋友可以看圖作答已經好好的了, 仲要考他們的轉數, 一時轉唔到就是否代表 not good 了。

iwff

原帖由 G-Ma 於 09-10-28 20:02 發表
我都覺得應該即刻同學校反映, 始終得一個小朋友乘電梯係好唔安全, 學校應該要注意.

相信學校都係expect小朋友答 "god"已經ok, 我諗係考小朋友反應同轉數je.  我囡囡果年老師比張"仙人掌"圖, 佢都唔識仙人掌點講, 結 ...

8#
發表於 09-10-29 00:05 |只看該作者
教育局上次視學報告,作出對其校長表現批評,無所事事!管理能力未到班!所以平日多多廣告!心裏有數,如無學位多出。

9#
發表於 09-10-29 00:26 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

10#
發表於 09-10-29 02:12 |只看該作者
每年到收生階段總係有好多惡意批評

11#
發表於 09-10-29 06:51 |只看該作者
原帖由 hohoho2003 於 09-10-29 00:05 發表

據我所知, 培僑書院都在沿線火車站大賣廣告喎.....即係佢地都好多學位多出啦......
其實係一家四口子

12#
發表於 09-10-29 07:39 |只看該作者

我覺得這校俾我的印象, 係名過於實,

教育局幫聖馬加利做的視學報告(http://www.edb.gov.hk/FileManager/EN/Content_6313/st_margarets_co-edu_eng_s_p.pdf), 我發現了幾點值得注意:

1. 這校的中文和數學程度要加強 (言下之意, 即中數兩科麻麻地) (請看p.20)
2. 部份學生的自信及自我管理能力要改善 (請看p.20)
3. 多達兩成老師是新入行, 之前未教過書
4. 校長管理要改善

13#
發表於 09-10-29 07:44 |只看該作者
I think this is a rare and individual case.  This should be reported to the school immediately that the school could figure out improving the process and find out the cause for this inccident - why the boy was left alone in the lift.

I think the school has absolute autonomy in deciding the content of the interview.  We, as applicants, can choose whether to go for or not.  In the time of my kid's P1 interview, a school put up pictures of various objects and asked the kids to write down either the Chinese or English names.  One asked for spelling of Dinosaur, aeroplane...  There are so many questions that we won't be able to predict or prepare.  But all those serve one purpose - to find out those most suitable for the school.  Hence, it is a fair game, applicants and school are given the rights to choose.

For your case, the school may just want to find out the reaction / interpretation / creativity of the kids when they encountered something they didn't know rather than looking for a so-called difficult answer and hence assess their respective intelligent level.  

I asked my kid the same question last night.  He didn't know the exact term but he described... "a man who..."

14#
發表於 09-10-29 08:20 |只看該作者
THANKS your information!!!

15#
發表於 09-10-29 08:31 |只看該作者
原帖由 jaycee_mami 於 09-10-29 07:39 發表

我覺得這校俾我的印象, 係名過於實,

教育局幫聖馬加利做的視學報告(http://www.edb.gov.hk/FileManager/EN/Content_6313/st_margarets_co-edu_eng_s_p.pdf), 我發現了幾點值得注意:

1. 這校的中文和數學程度要 ...

無可否認這年/份的視學報告部份真係麻麻地, 而學校在這年/份的視學報告只開辦了4年, 只希望下一次的視學報告會有進步啦....

[ 本帖最後由 一家三口 於 09-10-29 10:55 編輯 ]
其實係一家四口子

16#
發表於 09-10-29 08:36 |只看該作者
我想也不算惡意批評. 就只是因為要收生. 便需要面試. 那麼家長才有機會親身面對或感受一些事及是考小一的高峰期. 才會有更多資訊流出及討論.

原帖由 G-Ma 於 09-10-29 02:12 發表
每年到收生階段總係有好多惡意批評

17#
發表於 09-10-29 09:46 |只看該作者
G-ma, 你所為的"惡意批評",我唸你係唔係接受唔到現實囉! 我唔會咁無"liu"用大半個鍾作咁大段文章係度同大家分享係為咗講大話囉! 有成幾十個家長都見到,幾十對眼做証!

至於點解我唔同學校講:

第一,當個lift門一開,我嗰仔行緊出來,我巳經好大咁講"點解得你一個人坐lift?無人陪你咩?" 我相信所有家長都聽到,就連填緊問卷的家長都抬起頭望吓發生セ嘢事。因為我見到有好多家同小朋友係到等緊interview,我唔想係到嘈影響到其他人。

第二,當你見到間學校的管理和運作都係咁不負責任的時侯,我即時的反應係〝好彩我個仔無事,這所學校根本對小朋友無愛心,管理差,6個小朋友都睇唔掂,如果收我都一定唔讀,要即刻走,離開這間不知所為的學校。
當我見到我個仔出lift個刻,見到佢一個人,我真係好驚、又好嬲 ,當時成間房的氣氛巳經靜晒,個個都望住我地3個,睇吓我個仔講乜,但為咗唔想影響其他人interview,我就立刻帶我個仔移步咗幾步,到玻璃門外了解發生セ嘢事。當我聽完個仔講完成件事之後,我即刻個感覺係"不知所為,我一定唔會讀,浪費我的時間,唔想再留係到,即走!" 你同間學校講,證明你對間學校重有期望,但我就係失望到連講都唔想講嗰種。

講真,我個仔大大話話去咗6-7間學校interview, 間間都好大,間間都有好多lift,但係除咗聖瑪加利,全部都係帶小朋友行樓梯架!這些咪叫做正常的行証管理囉!懂得Risk Management囉!萬一有火警,都可以帶住小朋友逃生吖!

重有,這間聖瑪加利明明係佢的website到話,interview結果會在1個月內通知家長 http://www.smcesps.edu.hk/admission.php ,但我現在成個幾月都收唔到任何通知,我知實有家長話會唔會寄失咗、聽唔到電話....,但係除咗我,重有幾個Mami Friend重早過我in, 全部連信同電話都無收過,無收過任何通知,這些咪係行証混亂囉!mouth:" />

[ 本帖最後由 citipeggy 於 09-10-30 03:51 編輯 ]

18#
發表於 09-10-29 10:34 |只看該作者
citipeggy,

我所講既"惡意批評"並唔係話你講既事件, 睇完你既敘述我都認為學校係有疏忽, 唔應該比小朋友一個人坐電梯.  其實學校原意係唔想小朋友行7層樓梯先比佢地坐電梯, 但安排失當先會有咁既情況出現.  不過我相信每間學校都會有不完善既地方, 重要係學校面對錯誤既態度, smc比我地家長既感覺係好注重家長既意見, 我地提出有問題既地方, 學校真係有認真對待及改善, 所以我相信只要你當時即場有同佢地反映, 下次應該唔會再發生.

我之所以話"惡意批評"係指好多人只抽取視學報告某些較差既部份出嚟講, 但好既地方就唔會提, 其實呢份報告都係兩年前既事, 學校係新辦, 得幾年歷史, 要改進既地方當然一定會有, 呢份報告指出既內容, 例如中文及數學要加強, 其實我地家長呢兩年已經好明顯睇到學校係呢方面有下功夫.  至於話校長, 佢本身要兼顧中小學, 當然係會忙D, 但小學部本身有副校長, 基本上日日都可以見到佢係學校, 全心全意為小學部效力, 我相信好多家長都會感受到佢既熱誠同衝勁.

作為SMC家長, 我唔會認為SMC係一間超級無敵又完美既學校, 有人既地方總會有出錯既機會, 但我會重視學校對處理錯誤事件既態度.

原帖由 citipeggy 於 09-10-29 09:46 發表
G-ma, 你所為的"惡意批評",我唸你係唔係接受唔到現實囉! 我唔會咁無"liu"用大半個鍾作咁大段文章係度同大家分享係為咗講大話囉! 有成幾十個家長都見到,幾十對眼做証!

至於點解我唔同學校 ...

[ 本帖最後由 G-Ma 於 09-10-29 10:48 編輯 ]

19#
發表於 09-10-29 10:45 |只看該作者
Interesting.

You posted your "unhappy" experience with overwhelming comments after 個幾月, coming from 個幾月都收唔到任何通知.

You said "對間學校失望到連講都唔想講嗰種", "收我都一定唔讀,要即刻走,離開這間不知所為的學校", but you looked so concerned "無收過任何通知" after the 1st interview.

I am not offensive but just want to provide another view.  If this happened on me, I would talk to the school immediately - to understand the cause for the incident before jumping to the conclusion subjectively.  At least, help to avoid similar incident happening again, if it were the case.

I tend to think it is not the school practice to let the kids take the lift alone, i.e. without accompanying adult / senior grade students.  There may be something wrong happened in the chain.

P.S.  The school is very decisive in the admission process.  As learnt from the BK forum, many of the successful candidates are notified shortly for 2nd interview and acceptance.

20#
發表於 09-10-29 10:49 |只看該作者
I had a very unhappy event when my son attended the interview at 培僑書院 2 years ago, and share your feelings.... But know kids and their parents studying at 培僑書院 are happy with the school and their kids' progress. Hope you will get over it soon!

My son is currently studing at SMCE and so far I am happy with the school and my son's progress. I just read the Review Report from the Dept of Educations, and have extracted the following for current SMCE Primary parents as it is not a bad report and lots of good comments given to the Primary section, but of course there are areas the school needs attention and improvement:
Review Period9-11 & 14-17 May 2007

The review was of SMCE primary & secondary school as a whole:

Page 14:
"

The performance of primary students is more impressive than that of those at secondary level. They are confident, expressive, motivated and show greater initiative in responding to teachers’ questions. They are quick to initiate action when asked and eager to participate in learning activities. They can communicate fluently

and raise questions in English. They enjoy reading more than their secondary counterparts. In summary, they have good potential for further advancement....."

Page 20:

Students are pleasant, amiable, well-behaved and polite. They enjoy school life and articipate actively in a variety of co- and extra-curricular activities. Most students have a positive learning attitude. In particular, primary students are cheerful, active, responsive and demonstrate good communication skills.

Page 22:

Primary students perform much better in English than in Chinese and Mathematics. Their problem-solving and collaboration skills could be further developed in Mathematics and Chinese respectively.

Conlusion:

For a through-train school with a short history of development, the school has many challenges ahead. Commendable efforts have been made on laying a good foundation for further development. As its vision and mission, the school is committed to providing

students with all-round development and a positive-thinking learning environment, and developing students’ competencies for life-long learning. The school-based curriculum is broad and balanced and is progressive in optimizing students’ development in a through-train school. It gives prominence to cultivating an English-rich learning environment for its multi-cultural students and teachers, and has achieved some success.The comprehensive life education programme and the rich components of art, dance and drama have become school features to cultivate students’ values and cater for their varied interests. Good efforts have been made to broaden students’ exposure with rich and diversified learning experience. The school values home-school cooperation and has established good relationships with the parents. A harmonious and caring school culture is created. Teachers are friendly, cooperative and are concerned about the well-being of the students. The attitude and behaviour of most students are good. They enjoy school life and get along well with their peers in a multi-cultural setting. On the whole, the school is delivering the quality of educational experience and student achievement commensurate with its vision and goals in securing DSS status.

The report did mention that Primary pupils' performance in Maths and Chinese is not as good as their English but it did not say this is in comparason to average school standard, but to pupils' English Standard.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題