搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 有冇家長已收到 stafford 的取錄信
樓主: midcofung
go

有冇家長已收到 stafford 的取錄信 [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 09-11-5 14:06 |只看該作者
Hi Lilian and Sweetbaby 2007,

My son is also accepted in am so our angels will become classmates.

62#
發表於 09-11-5 14:10 |只看該作者
that's very good... How many k1 class there will be at Stafford in 2010?

原帖由 mama828 於 09-11-5 14:06 發表
Hi Lilian and Sweetbaby 2007,

My son is also accepted in am so our angels will become classmates.

63#
發表於 09-11-5 14:17 |只看該作者
Hi All,

Nice to say hi to you all & my girl was accepted in AM class too and she had interview on 24/10.

We had interview both York & Stafford on 24/10 and pesonally I love Stafford more as the teacher is more caring....for York, it is a bit rush during the interview as there were many people there that day....I still struggling if I should give up York  for Stafford (if also accepted by York hehe...) as York has a better tracking record in further study but the small class size and the attentive teachers of Stafford really impressed me alot...

64#
發表於 09-11-5 17:22 |只看該作者
Thanks for your reply. It seems like not many people have heard about Stafford, so many people cannot compare the 2 schools!

My daughter is admitted into the pm class in Stafford too. She will go to the York interview this Saturday. Since we have paid the $30 already, might as well go just to see the campus! But from what all the mamis have said, sounds like Stafford is better than York!

For those of you who are planning to go to the York interview, my biu jeh just went last week and she said the teachers just gave pictures for her son to see to answer questions, so her son could not sit still at all (since it was so boring without any toys). So I don't think my daughter will do well because she cannot sit still either. She did well at Stafford only because Stafford interviewed her by using the "shopping at the supermarket" method!

原帖由 lilian926 於 09-11-5 11:30 發表
Um.. I know nothing about Think....

For Stafford, they have NET as the head teacher of each class... English learning should be guaranteed...

Since they have few students in each class, the teacher  ...

65#
發表於 09-11-5 17:35 |只看該作者
原帖由 toreship 於 09-11-5 17:22 發表
Thanks for your reply. It seems like not many people have heard about Stafford, so many people cannot compare the 2 schools!

My daughter is admitted into the pm class in Stafford too. She will go to ...

I have kids of relatives studied at both school before.  Graduates from both school can have a high chance of being admitted by good primary school. So no worries on this area.

I think if you want a more "famous' KG, definitely it's York than Stafford.

If you want a better Eng environment, it will be Stafford.

I just called Stafford up and understand more about their curriculum.  They have native Eng teacher as class teacher (so dual class teachers and the other is Cantonese teacher).  But for York, they only have Eng native teacher as "subject teacher".  That means the Eng teacher only comes to class for several minutes to teach them Eng.  Stafford also use Eng as the medium in teaching Math.  I am not sure about York but I guess it will be Cantonese.

For campus, i guess York is bigger (never been there) but Stafford's campus is not bad as well at least it is clean, though it is not big.

Hope this helps.

66#
發表於 09-11-5 17:46 |只看該作者
Bella,

Really thanks for your information.  I will have an interview with York on Sat.. let's check out the campus site and make a report here ... :D

原帖由 bellabella_oh 於 09-11-5 17:35 發表

I have kids of relatives studied at both school before.  Graduates from both school can have a high chance of being admitted by good primary school. So no worries on this area.

I think if you want  ...

67#
發表於 09-11-5 18:26 |只看該作者
well, congratulations that stafford has been admitted your son in pm class. i'm still consider if to pay registration fee or not.
yes, sn in am class.
i also applied york & interviewed on oct. 31.
if hkpuk is crashed york, i think you can attend hkpuk (if you like this one) interview because york & stafford are sisters' kgs (as i don't know when i applied them on sept).  but i don't like hkpuk after i attended their seminar on sept 12 because they use cantonese as the teaching medium in major.
honestly, you can email me at [email protected] if you want to talk with me over the phone.

原帖由 bellabella_oh 於 09-11-3 23:12 發表

I have also received the admission letter from Stafford today!! HURRAY!!  Even though it is PM class, it is one of my top choice as I like their effort in training students on their Eng ability.  If ...

68#
發表於 09-11-6 14:45 |只看該作者
hi bella,

when i said "comparing the 2 schools", i was talking about Stafford and Think (not York) because I was asking around if anyone knows which one is better. Both accepted my daughter but I only want to pay the deposit for only 1. Do you have any ideas which one is better?

Comparing York and Stafford, I will probably choose Stafford. Even though Stafford is less "famous" among parents, good primary schools would probably know which students have better English standards.

I think if you want  ...

69#
發表於 09-11-6 23:46 |只看該作者
bellabella_oh,

thanks a lot~

dear all,

Stafford accepted my daughter for AM class. My problem is, my husband does not like Stafford very much, he seems want her to study at more famous school though i like Stafford. So we will still have interviews for the other KGs and choose at once...

Hope that our kids can be classmates!

I think if you want  ...

70#
發表於 09-11-7 00:03 |只看該作者
原帖由 p_hsy 於 09-11-6 23:46 發表
bellabella_oh,

thanks a lot~

dear all,

Stafford accepted my daughter for AM class. My problem is, my husband does not like Stafford very much, he seems want her to study at more famous school thou ...

I understand the struggle between famous school and non-famous school (like Stafford) but you actually like it.  I am in this situation as well.  However, I will analyse in this way:

-famous school name: more for the parents' face (that means is the kid really benefited from this?)
-non-famous school(like Stafford): more for the kids as they really care about the kids
-when it really goes to the central primary school allocation system, or even the "knock the door" system, will the primary schools consider more on the name of your kindergarten or the actual academic / intellectual ability of the kids?
-Stafford is providing a very good and recognised Eng environment to kids: is that what you want and what you think that's important to your kids?
-many of the famous KGs has already got set of standards to teach the kids, is that what you want?  It could be good in the way that the quality of the curriculum might be guaranteed; it could be in the way that it is not flexible enough.

It is really a very hard decision to make!!

71#
發表於 09-11-7 00:05 |只看該作者
原帖由 BB豬MUMMY 於 09-11-5 18:26 發表
well, congratulations that stafford has been admitted your son in pm class. i'm still consider if to pay registration fee or not.
yes, sn in am class.
i also applied york & interviewed on oct. 31.
if ...

what is HKPUK?

72#
發表於 09-11-7 02:10 |只看該作者
sorry! it should be HKBUK (浸幼).

原帖由 bellabella_oh 於 09-11-7 00:05 發表

what is HKPUK?

73#
發表於 09-11-7 17:18 |只看該作者
For primary allocation, you're right that the child's performace is the most important. It's because if the school only consider the child's performance, they'll not consider which kinder he study. Even though they consider your son/ daughter's kinder, they'll not accept many children from the same kinder. They have 30x4-5 classes/ year. If they accept 2x, it's already many. However, the famous kinder usually have many students every year e.g. more than 100. Therefore, at the end, your child's performance is the most important.

I also heard many cases that children come from very famous kinder but still has no offer for any DDS. For me, 1st priority is 一條龍 because you must have one offer in hand. 2nd choice, the kinder can boost your child's ability best. The kinder is famous or not, I will consider but not the most important factor.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題