密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Evangel vs lucky draw
查看: 2166|回覆: 24
go

Evangel vs lucky draw

發表於 09-10-24 13:47 |顯示全部帖子
Hi all,

My son was luckily accepted by EC, but I'm not very familiar with the school since it is quite fresh especially for the teachers,  academic standard and Secondary section. Since their father was passed away, I have to face all the Qs and afaird to make a wrong decision. Please share your opinions with me:

1) Do I take the EC offer better than to wait the Gov't place?
    As checked the school, 15 marks need to draw.
2) Use Eng in Maths & General Studies, is it very difficult to

understand?
3) I still have a little daughter, if go to EC that is not 100%

accept, but for Gov't school that is 100% guarantee. If go to
   EC that I need to play the game once again. How to choose?
4) EC is in an active teaching mode (not heavy homework) and
    keen on 德育, is it more suitable for our family background?
5) Pay 12 years school fee x 2 or enjoy the free
education?
6) Is it very 儍 if give up EC & go for lucky draw?

Thank you very much in advance!

foster_ma
我個囝7歲了,佢個妹都5歲啦!

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-10-24 17:57 |顯示全部帖子
Compare with which gov/adied school?
In fact, you are correct, EC is fresh without public exams records, but why it still a lot of an application?
Because, EC is DSS, 12 years continue, without history that it can try the new.
If you let your kid study in EC, that you must agree the trend and principle. Otherwise, I think you give up the offer for another applicant.

原帖由 foster_ma 於 09-10-24 13:47 發表
Hi all,

My son was luckily accepted by EC, but I'm not very familiar with the school since it is quite fresh especially for the teachers,  academic standard and Secondary section. Since their father ...

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

發表於 09-10-24 18:06 |顯示全部帖子
播道都唔易考架(我仔都考唔到 ^^)
之前有家長分享過, 放棄左播道搏大抽獎, 之後想叩門都no way, 你真係要考慮清楚
原帖由 foster_ma 於 09-10-24 01:47 PM 發表
Hi all,

My son was luckily accepted by EC, but I'm not very familiar with the school since it is quite fresh especially for the teachers,  academic standard and Secondary section. Since their father ...

發表於 09-10-24 21:10 |顯示全部帖子
Foster ma,
please see my red text comment.

1) Do I take the EC offer better than to wait the Gov't place?
    As checked the school, 15 marks need to draw.
15 marks are normal to everyone. So the chance to succeed is rare. Unless you wait until the last round lucky draw then your chance to get entry is higher. However it is very depend on whether your chosen school is very hot or not. If it is a very hot school, then 15 marks are not high still.
2) Use Eng in Maths & General Studies, is it very difficult to  understand?
Kid in young age is a fast learner. So I don’t mind these subject teach in Eng. If you want them to go to English Secondary school, so why not let them to train in primary school.

3) I still have a little daughter, if go to EC that is not 100%
   accept, but for Gov't school that is 100% guarantee. If go to
   EC that I need to play the game once again. How to choose?
You second child may or may not suitable for EC.

4) EC is in an active teaching mode (not heavy homework) and
    keen on 德育, is it more suitable for our family background?
Do you have religious background? If you have also is Christian then you probably no need to ask the above questions. But you don’t have, this religion is not harm to your child. Moral education is very important to child.

5) Pay 12 years school fee x 2 or enjoy the free education?
But you can free more money on not taking any extra English/others courses outside school hour.

6) Is it very if give up EC & go for lucky draw?
For me , it is absolutely not.

原帖由 foster_ma 於 09-10-24 13:47 發表
Hi all,

發表於 09-10-28 23:58 |顯示全部帖子
請家長比些意見, 播道收了個女, 我都知道個女會比傳統學校讀得開心, 但始終又恐怕日後中學之後入讀 u 的去向,  因播道始終都是一間較新學校, 未能有成績看到.

而聖家是多工課做及嚴謹d 學校, 大部份時間都花在温習及背黙方面, 沒有其他多餘活動 , 但可能日後比較有 d 保障,    好煩惱   , 如果答了播道, 又沒有大抽獎 !!

可否給一些意見 !! 謝謝 !!  會點揀 !!

發表於 09-10-29 01:13 |顯示全部帖子
We give up the offer at the end. However, I still want to say thank you for all of your valuable opinions.

[ 本帖最後由 foster_ma 於 09-10-29 11:04 編輯 ]
我個囝7歲了,佢個妹都5歲啦!

發表於 09-11-1 13:48 |顯示全部帖子

Give up or not !

Hello,

You give up Evangel, so now you wait the govn't lucky draw, which govn't school you choice now.  Is a tranditional school ?

For me now, i also need to take a big encourage to make a discussion, give up or not now !

發表於 09-11-1 18:53 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 4# dordormom 的文章

I would use the lucky draw as you said Evangel is relatively new.

[ 本帖最後由 yukchan 於 09-11-1 18:59 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-11-1 23:24 |顯示全部帖子
俾我就唔會啦,EC這兩年很難入,而且如果是我的囡囡只有15分,望天打掛,倒不如一間風評不差的

而且,他們中三的系統評估出了出來,好過全港平均很多,而且這些學生是中一入EC的

原帖由 yukchan 於 09-11-1 18:53 發表
I would use the lucky draw as you said Evangel is relatively new.

發表於 09-11-2 12:14 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# ziyi 的文章

Where can i see the HK Secondary 3 assessment report? Thanks

發表於 09-11-2 12:26 |顯示全部帖子
I am also giving up my 20 points that my son has and let my son study EC. It is very hard to make the decision and I was dreaming it too last week if I was wrong or not.  But having read a lot of coments from BK and got the information from my church's friend, I think EC is suitable for my son and the most important thing is I want him to be a good person rather than always spend time to study.... I also want him to live happy too. Don't want to be scored by me always because of the homeworks things

發表於 09-11-2 12:27 |顯示全部帖子
But one more important thing is... if you make the final decision, don't look back and regret.... God will provide...

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-11-2 15:27 |顯示全部帖子
Only my friend told me, but she have child study in EC

原帖由 monkeydog 於 09-11-2 12:14 發表
Where can i see the HK Secondary 3 assessment report? Thanks

發表於 09-11-2 17:06 |顯示全部帖子
foster_ma and Rexwin :
本人希望下年仔仔考EC, 可否分享一下interview問D什麼問題, 爸爸媽媽須不須要interview 呢? 可否多分享一下EC ,想要那類型小朋友呢? 謝謝 !謝謝!

發表於 09-11-2 18:44 |顯示全部帖子
You think of giving up Evangel only because EC is a new primary school with not much track record.  However, it is reasonable to believe that this will be another hot school in no more than three years:  the principal's track record, good hardware, one-through chain, and primary school with English teaching medium.  Only very few schools offered in the lucky draw / or even DSS use English as teaching medium.   This school definitely has the potential to become a well-know school.  And also, when the admission has become more and more competitive, it is also reasonable to expect that only peer pressure is enough to push the student to study harder.

發表於 09-11-2 20:17 |顯示全部帖子
Anybody still not yet received the reply letter from EC?

發表於 09-11-2 21:03 |顯示全部帖子
it seems most are bad news for those letters received today. Guess most offer letters were sent out earlier than last Friday.

發表於 09-11-3 12:46 |顯示全部帖子

EC vs Lucky Draw

各位可以入EC既家長, 請問幾時要註冊?  我地被EC REJECT左, 不過我會寫信去排WAITLIST。。。見有家長想放棄, 咁後補可能有CHANCE。。。 多謝大家幫忙。

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-11-3 16:57 |顯示全部帖子
上星期27 Oct開始分批注冊啦,但幾時完,唔知道

原帖由 ChloeMammy 於 09-11-3 12:46 發表
各位可以入EC既家長, 請問幾時要註冊?  我地被EC REJECT左, 不過我會寫信去排WAITLIST。。。見有家長想放棄, 咁後補可能有CHANCE。。。 多謝大家幫忙。 ...

發表於 09-11-3 23:36 |顯示全部帖子
最近有個朋友仔女說在播道中學 - 有中三同學到中一厠所踢門,  可能在沒有老師情況下發生 ?? 希望只是一個小例子 !  如果真的, 希望沒有影響大家入讀的決定.