搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Tutor Time/Anfield
發新帖
查看: 5074|回覆: 15
go

Tutor Time/Anfield

發表於 09-10-1 17:24 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all,

My girl is 2 now and am looking at Tutor Time/Anfield's (Kln Tong) playgroup, possibly progressing to kindergarten.  Can anyone share any views on these kindergartens?  Curriculum, teachers, teacher/student ratio etc etc.  

Also, if I finally decide to go to local primary one, is Anfield's primary key stage one enough?  

Thanks a lot!

發表於 09-10-5 16:58 |顯示全部帖子
Hello, my son is 20mths old and have joined Anfield Sat playgroup since this Aug.  I like this school although I can't compare to TT as I have not tried TT.  At Anfield, my son learns more English and routine and some Mandarin too.  

Will you send your kid to IS later?  I am still thinking....

發表於 09-10-6 20:35 |顯示全部帖子
May be I'd try the sat playgroup later as my girl has something on sat now.  Would you apply the kindergarten?  They have an open day later and I will take a look then.

I have not decided yet as to go for IS or not.  Will apply local and may be some international kindergartens and see what happens first.`   

原帖由 0210 於 09-10-5 16:58 發表
Hello, my son is 20mths old and have joined Anfield Sat playgroup since this Aug.  I like this school although I can't compare to TT as I have not tried TT.  At Anfield, my son learns more English and ...

發表於 09-10-6 23:08 |顯示全部帖子

Anfield

My daughter studied in Anfield starting from playgroup and entered its kindergarten for K2 now.  Anfield give me the feeling is the teachers are very caring the students, my daughter is happy here, enjoy the class, like the teachers very much... and my daughter 's english is improved day by day, trust school contribute much on this...

發表於 09-10-6 23:26 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 4# workmama 的文章

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 09-10-6 23:31 |顯示全部帖子

Anfield

I plan her to enter ESF because she like the english learning environment more.

發表於 09-10-7 12:14 |顯示全部帖子
Dear workmama,

My son is now studying K1 at Anfield, how about your girl?  When you will know the result for P1 entry?

Regards,
Iris

原帖由 workmama 於 09-10-6 23:31 發表
I plan her to enter ESF because she like the english learning environment more.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-10-7 14:03 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 0210 於 09-10-5 16:58 發表
Hello, my son is 20mths old and have joined Anfield Sat playgroup since this Aug.  I like this school although I can't compare to TT as I have not tried TT.  At Anfield, my son learns more English and ...

My son joined Sat pm class and he is now 22mths old. We satisfied with this school for the responsible teacher and nice staff, and the new school campus as well.

Yes, my son learns Eng and Mandarin from the playgroup too.

I submit the application of K1 few months ago and will know the result in Dec this year.

發表於 09-10-7 19:14 |顯示全部帖子
Hi 方麗娟,

Is there a playgroup on sat pm?  I thought they only have it in the morning.  What time is it? How did you get the K1 application form?  

Do you know the teacher/student ratio for kindergarten?  Are the teachers native speakers?  What nationalities are they?

Thanks a lot.

原帖由 方麗娟 於 09-10-7 14:03 發表

My son joined Sat pm class and he is now 22mths old. We satisfied with this school for the responsible teacher and nice staff, and the new school campus as well.

Yes, my son learns Eng and Mandarin ...

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-10-7 21:00 |顯示全部帖子
Hi ToToPiggy,

Is there a playgroup on sat pm?  I thought they only have it in the morning.  What time is it?
sat pm is extra class, 1:00-3:00pm.

How did you get the K1 application form?
Ask the admin staff.  

Do you know the teacher/student ratio for kindergarten?
1:10 but not sure. Pre-K is 15:2.

Are the teachers native speakers?  What nationalities are they?
For playgroup-most are Indians, for Kg-diff nationalities. You may check from the school website.

Application details:
http://www.anfield.com.hk/kowloon-tong/kindergarten/admission/8/

發表於 09-10-8 09:47 |顯示全部帖子
Hello, 方麗娟

My class teacher is Ms Moni, how about you?  How many days/ week have you applied for kiddies club at Anfield?  I also like Anfield but not sure if I will send my son to IS later so now I also enrol him at different nursery.  How about you?  Only target Anfield?  

ToToPiggy

I have the same thought as you. I have not made up my mind about IS or local school.  But since I saw the benefit of my son to learn English and Mandarin at Anfield, I like to keep him for playgroup at the time being.

發表於 09-10-8 11:01 |顯示全部帖子
Dear ToToPiggy

Actually my child joined TT's kg few years ago. I found that the teachers were caring and the English and Mandarin standard was good. However, if your target primary school is a local one, I think local kindergartens are better. I think maybe you can call the school and ask them to explain their curriculum to you in details.
原帖由 ToToPiggy 於 09-10-1 17:24 發表
Dear all,

My girl is 2 now and am looking at Tutor Time/Anfield's (Kln Tong) playgroup, possibly progressing to kindergarten.  Can anyone share any views on these kindergartens?  Curriculum, teachers ...

發表於 09-10-8 13:51 |顯示全部帖子
A warm reminder to all Anfield playgroups parents:
I was in the same dilemma when my daughter was in the playgroup.
It is not too early NOW for all of you to decide and then plan which way your children should go (IS or Local).
If you decide to choose IS, you need to think about which primary you will be targeting for and then choose a suitable International kindergarten.
If you decide (or prefer) local, Anfield's (or other real international kindergarten) curriculum may not fulfill your expectations to secure a place in your dream local primary school.
If you haven't decided yet......

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-10-8 15:16 |顯示全部帖子
Hi 0210,

Me too, Ms Moni is caring for children and I believe she really loves the kids. My son joined only 1 day/week this autumn term because he will go to pn in Nov, but probably will change to another school (if any).

If no other school on Dec and thereafter, I think I will join 2 or 3 days Anfield's playgroup next term.

I hope my son can go to IS. As we live in Kln side and have no plan to move to HK side in the coming future (don't want my little kid travel so long when he is still young), our choices of real IS are limited. I think Anfield is a good choice but I'm looking for CAIS as well.

I wonder if he is receiving British National Curriculum in K1-K3, but change to Canadian Curriculum (or any other)...is it easy to adopt this change for the kids?

Any advice?

發表於 09-10-15 01:43 |顯示全部帖子
My son is in Teacher Robert's class, the Prep-Programme for Pre-K student is very good!!! If not consider sending your kids to local Pre-Nur., this is a prefect subsidy. Teacher Robert is a strict person, but he has his way to discipline the kids and make them listen. Last time, when I enrolled for my son, he was lucky to get in due to the H1N1, now, i think there is at least half a year wait. Hurry.
Welcome to my Blog: http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/monbabe

發表於 09-10-29 16:08 |顯示全部帖子

Tutortime

My son is at Tutortime for nusery.  He loves it and the teachers are very caring.  They have CCTV, so you can see what they are doing if you are worried about your child.  The class teachers are very caring and they call me for the slightest accident reports and take the time to talk about my son's development and skills.

I am not keeping him for their for K1 though, we are planning to send him to either Anfield or ESF Abacus.  Anfield, because it's catholic... ESF Abacus because I like that school.  We speak very little cantonese, and as a matter of fact, my son does not like speaking Cantonese.  He prefers english and mandarin, but we do not speak mandarin at home.  All the mandarin he knows, he learns from TT mandarin teachers.  Ms. Winnie and Ms. Cheung are superb!  They NET teachers are very good too.  My son comes home babbling about his fav teachers.

Having that said... I agree that if any parents' target is local schools, then you won't like TT style of teaching.