用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 請問有無mama仲未收到St Paul's Co-ed 嘅interview lett ...
查看: 3695|回覆: 47
go

請問有無mama仲未收到St Paul's Co-ed 嘅interview letter? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-9-24 17:38 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
打電話去學校問,小姐話仲未send哂,十月二十日收唔到至再call佢地。

如果寄失咗,miss 咗 interview,咪要20號至知囉?點解唔一次過出哂信通知家長呢?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-9-24 18:28 |只看該作者
我都仲未收到呀

3#
發表於 09-9-24 18:49 |只看該作者
I also have not received the letter and I called the school and received the same response. They also explained that there are too many candidates and takes time. Then I query why they need to be so rushing to have the 1st batch of interview tomorrow. I think the administration of the school is a bit messy. I totally agree to a mom saying that if the letter was missed, I will only be aware of it by 20 Oct.

On the other hand, I think they are too arrogant. Maybe in their mind, missing one or two candidates is not a big matter. As also said by another parents, they may be picky of strong candidates for interview in the 1st round. I am really disappointing about this school.

I have received DGJS letter, I think they are far more organised. They distribute all letters in last few days and requested for interviews on 9-10 Oct. At least, I am comfortable that my letter is not lost in transit.

Afterall, despite my complaint, I still have to wait, wait, wait... for the letter.

4#
發表於 09-9-24 21:02 |只看該作者
I havn't received the letter from St. PAUL Co-ed yet.

5#
發表於 09-9-24 22:19 |只看該作者
原帖由 OKPLEASE 於 09-9-24 18:49 發表
I also have not received the letter and I called the school and received the same response. They also explained that there are too many candidates and takes time. Then I query why they need to be so r ...

I don't think the school is messy or arrogant. Every school has a different system and for the past few years SPCCPS have been doing the same thing - they sent out letters in batches, but usually within a week or two. There is also no relation to whether they sent out letters to the "stronger" candidates first. My friend's son got interviewed on the last day and still got in. The staff in SPCCPS are very polite and will patiently answer the questions when they receive the inquiries.

6#
發表於 09-9-24 23:31 |只看該作者
What a funny and messy logic!!

原帖由 OKPLEASE 於 09-9-24 18:49 發表
I also have not received the letter and I called the school and received the same response. They also explained that there are too many candidates and takes time. Then I query why they need to be so r ...

7#
發表於 09-9-24 23:48 |只看該作者
I am just worried that if I really missed my interview date, St Paul's will think I have given up.  

Many other elite schools got similar number of applications.  I don't think that St Paul's need to spread the "sending out process" into one whole month!

8#
發表於 09-9-25 11:25 |只看該作者
From past years experience, SPCCPS interview last to end Oct. I think it is the school's practice to send the letter 1 week before the interview date. So, just wait any no need to worry. Although some debate in the past years that the school will filter the preference candidates and interview in early batch and less preference candidates at the later batch of interview. However, no one can confirm this is the truth and in fact some mami updated that her kids had grant the 2nd interview while their 1st interview is near end Oct and not the early batch.

原帖由 Chole 於 09-9-24 23:48 發表
I am just worried that if I really missed my interview date, St Paul's will think I have given up.  

Many other elite schools got similar number of applications.  I don't think that St Paul's need to ...

9#
發表於 09-9-25 12:36 |只看該作者
I am not worried about the sequence or whether my kid could get in (not related in any sense and no fancy awards, it's a long shot anyway!).  What I don't understand is why not just send out all the letters together so that nobody will wonder whether the letter is lost.  

Is there any logic behind this practice?

原帖由 Bon_Bon_Pa_Pa 於 09-9-25 11:25 發表
From past years experience, SPCCPS interview last to end Oct. I think it is the school's practice to send the letter 1 week before the interview date. So, just wait any no need to worry. Although some ...

[ 本帖最後由 Chole 於 09-9-25 12:37 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

10#
發表於 09-9-25 12:57 |只看該作者

回覆 1# Chole 的文章

I believe each school has her own system and arrangement to deal with interview matters.

As for SPCCPS, similar system has been followed for years and the matters were handled in good order, I see no point for challenge!

Be honest, if you cannot place your "trust" to the school even before interview stage, it's hard for you to proceed further.

[ 本帖最後由 kittylock 於 09-9-25 13:02 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 09-9-25 13:05 |只看該作者
Don't worry mums, you are not the only one cause I have'nt received any reply from school either.

12#
發表於 09-9-25 14:06 |只看該作者
Yes. I also not receive the letter yet. Just hope not crash with KTS and DGJS on 9/10 Oct.

醒目開學勳章

13#
發表於 09-9-26 12:10 |只看該作者
Same as you.  Hope not crash with the KTS and HKUGA.

原帖由 Bon_Bon_Pa_Pa 於 09-9-25 14:06 發表
Yes. I also not receive the letter yet. Just hope not crash with KTS and DGJS on 9/10 Oct.

14#
發表於 09-9-26 19:11 |只看該作者
Thank you for your concern that it may be difficult for me to proceed further.

I am just pointing out that there is room for improvement (less phone calls made to the school office, less worries to the parents about loss of letter/clash of interviews etc and afterall don't understand the logic).

I hope that my kids will not stand still and refuse to make progress and  I am looking for a school that won't do this neither.   (BTW, I can fully understand that parents of elite schools are very often "quiet" in order not to offend the schools.)  

My hubby warned me somebody would ask me "not to apply law'! Haha!  

Ms Lee's English did not deter me from applying (she's not the one teaching English!), of course a letter won't do it neither.  But if the parents of this school are moulded to accept everything offered by this school irrespective whether improvements can be made, or if the parents' opinions never matter to the school, you are absolutely right that I may have difficulty to proceed further!

原帖由 kittylock 於 09-9-25 12:57 發表
I believe each school has her own system and arrangement to deal with interview matters.

As for SPCCPS, similar system has been followed for years and the matters were handled in good order, I see n ...

15#
發表於 09-9-26 19:21 |只看該作者

回覆 1# Chole 的文章

今日終於收到信,係10月7日!

16#
發表於 09-9-26 22:58 |只看該作者
I havn't received the letter yet and maybe because I submitted the application on the last day.

The school's notice has already mentioned that the interview lasts until Nov.

Just wait as in fact the chance is not so high for those non-related applicant.

醒目開學勳章

17#
發表於 09-9-26 23:11 |只看該作者
This is your conclusion drawn from the grounds that the school doesn't send out ALL interview letters in the same batch according to your own will.

Not only kids are self-centered nowadays, and so are parents!

原帖由 Chole 於 09-9-26 19:11 發表
But if the parents of this school are moulded to accept everything offered by this school irrespective whether improvements can be made, or if the parents' opinions never matter to the school, you are absolutely right that I may have difficulty to proceed further!

18#
發表於 09-9-26 23:17 |只看該作者
Does your logic mean that since the school sends out letters at its own pace according to its own will, it's a self-centered school?

原帖由 kittylock 於 09-9-26 23:11 發表
This is your conclusion drawn from the grounds that the school doesn't send out ALL interview letters in the same batch according to your own will.

Not only kids are self-centered nowadays, and so ar ...

醒目開學勳章

19#
發表於 09-9-26 23:23 |只看該作者
Did I?

I believe people perceive things in the same way as they see themselves.

原帖由 Chole 於 09-9-26 23:17 發表
Does your logic mean that since the school sends out letters at its own pace according to its own will, it's a self-centered school?

20#
發表於 09-9-26 23:51 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽
‹ 上一主題|下一主題