用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Kingston International School (Primary)
查看: 16402|回覆: 30
go

Kingston International School (Primary) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-9-18 23:46 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
can you please share any comments of this school?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-9-19 00:03 |只看該作者
Well, what do you want to know?

Try doing a search, there are quite a bit of posts about this school.

3#
發表於 09-9-21 11:52 |只看該作者
My son is attending P1.  So far, I am quite happy with the school.  A good balance of Chinese and English. Very small class size. Teachers are nice and caring. Also good discipline. Kids are happy. My son said he liked it here a lot more than the kindergarten (a local school) he attended. Homework everyday (but not too much), you will still have time to read and do other stuff.

But most of the students are local Chinese, so not very international. If you are looking for a bilingual school and think good discipline is important, you may consider it.

4#
發表於 09-9-21 21:32 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

5#
發表於 09-9-22 16:58 |只看該作者
My daughter going to join next month, tks!

6#
發表於 09-9-24 14:15 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

7#
發表於 09-10-1 19:05 |只看該作者
Dear KIS parents,

My child just passed the admission exam; he'll change to KIS very soon. I hope this is the right choice. In fact, I went there twice and could see students using Putonghua and English with no teachers around along the corridors. I was really impressed by not the use of English but the use of Putonghua among the students. I mean they could switch from English to Putonghua and the other way round easily. Quite fluent for both the spoken languages! Impressive! In fact, over the years, I've looking for a school with the students actually using English and Putonghua at school with a good and balanced mastery of both the languages. Besides, I am very happy with the perfect ratio of teachers to students for KIS.
Anyway, I'd like to know more about KIS in order to help my child adapt to the school well as he's an insert student. For parents of KIS, please share ... Thanks.

A new parent

8#
發表於 09-10-5 10:51 |只看該作者
Welcome to KIS! You are right, although all kids in my son's class are Chinese, my son told me that they talk in English (mostly) and Mandarin (sometimes) among themselves. He said no one speaks Cantonese to each other. He has only been there for a month, but already he seems more confident speaking Mandarin. So, no need to worry about this.

I don't think your son will have any problem adjusting to his new school life. The teachers will let you know his progress every week, so there is a very good communication between school and paretns.

9#
發表於 09-10-5 22:07 |只看該作者
What is more, I've been so happy with the teachers' qualifications. This morning, I went to the office for registration and happened to read the teachers' profiles on the bulletin board on the wall by the general office. Wow, except one native Putonghua teacher is pursuing a master degree right now, the other Chinese teachers all possess at a master degree in either Putonghua teaching or Chinese language studies. Even my child's English teacher has a master degree (teaching English), two bachelor degrees (linguistics & education) and a teaching diploma.
In a word, although the school fee is high, it's worth spending so much... I hope this is the school that I've been looking for and that it's the right choice I've made...

A happy mother

原帖由 Xerox 於 09-10-5 10:51 發表
Welcome to KIS! You are right, although all kids in my son's class are Chinese, my son told me that they talk in English (mostly) and Mandarin (sometimes) among themselves. He said no one speaks Canto ...

10#
發表於 09-10-7 18:03 |只看該作者
any school bus service??

11#
發表於 09-10-7 23:35 |只看該作者
Yes, there's the school-bus service but I think it's a bit expensive for my child's route. So I'm still thinking if my child takes the school bus. Luckily the school begins at 8:45 a.m. I think it's abit late, but that's good. Then, I may want to take my child to school by myself to save some money. It really depends on where you live as to whether the school-bus service is available.

原帖由 澳門傻媽媽 於 09-10-7 18:03 發表
any school bus service??

12#
發表於 09-10-9 17:42 |只看該作者
原帖由 minggrace 於 09-10-7 23:35 發表
Yes, there's the school-bus service but I think it's a bit expensive for my child's route. So I'm still thinking if my child takes the school bus. Luckily the school begins at 8:45 a.m. I think it's a ...

Thanks, I'm now still living in overseas. And I'll be back to hk next year. I haven't got housing in hk yet. I planned to buy house at Kowloon side or Shatin.

Do u know how long does it takes from shatin to kowloon tong? And what's the estimate school bus fees?

13#
發表於 09-10-11 14:48 |只看該作者
[quote]原帖由 澳門傻媽媽 於 09-10-9 17:42 發表

It takes half an hour to go to Kingston from Shatin and the cost for the public bus is around HK$528 per month (for the child and one adult). If you take the school bus, that'll be HK$1500.

14#
發表於 09-10-12 22:42 |只看該作者
請問學校是否每天都有功課?學校的中文和數學程度是怎樣?謝謝各位

15#
發表於 09-10-14 09:39 |只看該作者
Yes, homework everyday. Chinese writing + English and/or Math / Unit work. A Chinese book sent home to read on Friday. A book to read every week (borrow from school library), your child can choose English or Chinese. Also, a Chinese reading program: read on-line "one passage a day", your child is encouraged to read everyday.

So, not too much homework, but I guess more than some other IS.

Chinese standard is probably better than many IS. I don't know about Math. I think it is ok if you compare to other IS. But of course, both Chinese and Math are not as tough as local schools.

My son comes home telling me what he learns at school, which he didn't do so when he was at local kinder. So, I guess he enjoys it there very much.

16#
發表於 09-10-14 22:45 |只看該作者
Thank you
原帖由 Xerox 於 09-10-14 09:39 發表
Yes, homework everyday. Chinese writing + English and/or Math / Unit work. A Chinese book sent home to read on Friday. A book to read every week (borrow from school library), your child can choose Eng ...

17#
發表於 09-10-15 23:23 |只看該作者
本人希望女兒能夠考進這間學校,因為我們很喜歡學校是真正的小班教學,而且每天都有中文課堂,又經常看到一些関於學校很好的評價,所以希望女兒能夠考進這間學校,不過有一個問題想問一問,希望各位家長唔好介意,其實本人是–個普通的家庭,屋企唔會有工人,女兒返學放學唔會有車接送,其實家庭環境在同学之間會唔會有所比較呢!(因我朋友的女兒曾經响學校試過這種事而唔開心)謝謝

18#
發表於 09-10-16 09:53 |只看該作者
We are also from ordinary family. My son takes school bus to school. Of course, there are students who come from well-off families, but there are also students who come from middle class families. All IS and private schools are like this. So, don't make it bother you too much :)

19#
發表於 09-10-17 00:03 |只看該作者
Thank you very much
原帖由 Xerox 於 09-10-16 09:53 發表
We are also from ordinary family. My son takes school bus to school. Of course, there are students who come from well-off families, but there are also students who come from middle class families. All ...

20#
發表於 09-10-31 17:48 |只看該作者
請問係度讀緊既家長, kingston無中學, 咁中學你地會有咩打算? 又咩出路? 因我正在想這個問題, 希望你地既意見可作參考.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題