搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖瑪加利男女英文中小學 SMCESPS - 2009 P2 platform
樓主: monkeydad
go

SMCESPS - 2009 P2 platform [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 09-10-9 09:09 |只看該作者
HKQQbaby,

Glad that G2 did not have Chinese writing yesterday (but should have to do today, saw my boy had circled some words already).  

We did not prepare much for the Maths quiz - (1) not enough time and (2) looks quite straight forward - carefulness is the key for higher marks.

102#
發表於 09-10-9 09:21 |只看該作者
As per my son stated that the GS quiz was quite easy & simple wor~  Even it's really  easy, I still worry coz my son sometimes answered questions NOT CAREFUL...aiiii...

Like Eng dict, he knows all spelling of words, but he write them down ALL IN SMALL LETTER, but actually some are in BIG LETTER, then mark was thus deducted...

How to improve his 大頭蝦?  唉~~~

WD40

原帖由 spiderlily 於 09-10-9 09:09 發表
HKQQbaby,

Glad that G2 did not have Chinese writing yesterday (but should have to do today, saw my boy had circled some words already).  

We did not prepare much for the Maths quiz - (1) not enough  ...

103#
發表於 09-10-9 16:19 |只看該作者
G1 even not yet finished the ch7 WB for today's quiz, really don't know why it's so slow as G2 Maths WB had done up to ch10....

the exam is in Nov, don't know how to catch up the speed, also I heard fm many parents their kids are get borded in the class coz always check ans

104#
發表於 09-10-9 17:43 |只看該作者
pink-I

G3 maths is learning Ch12 (P67). As I knowed, G1  maths is the best, why it is slower than G3?

原帖由 pink-l 於 09-10-9 16:19 發表
G1 even not yet finished the ch7 WB for today's quiz, really don't know why it's so slow as G2 Maths WB had done up to ch10....

the exam is in Nov, don't know how to catch up the speed, also I heard  ...

105#
發表於 09-10-9 20:40 |只看該作者
HKQQbaby,

Not slower, substantially slower...

I do not know what's going on with the teacher and fail to get hold of him.

For sake of the exam, I have no alternative other than teaching him at home to catch up with G2 and G3.  I am fine but not very happy to do this.

106#
發表於 09-10-10 16:24 |只看該作者
My daughter was absent from school last Tue & Wed. So she didn't prepare well for the quizzes. There are a lot of homework. I find that a lot of classwork was finished at the class so that my daughter must finish it at home. So busy she is!

107#
發表於 09-10-10 19:15 |只看該作者
Dear parents,
My daughter is in maths G1. I wanted to talk to the teacher and Miss Ma about the problems....but....
I've left a message to Miss Ma today but she has not replied.
I've called Mr Tang (the teacher) yesterday and I left a message to him in the voice mail box but he did not call back.
Today, I called the teacher again this morning but he was having a lesson with students. Then, I left a message to him through Miss Chiu the staff in the office but he did not call back after the lesson.
When I called him after his lesson, he said he had never got the message from the mail box and the phone no. from the staff was wrong so he did not call back. When I asked him about the slow progress, he said he finished the Quiz content before the quiz. I then asked about the revision exercise, he said the revision ex. for all ten chs so he will assign it to students after finishing 10 chs.
My daughter complainted that the class was noisy.
One of her group member talked in the lesson, whole group will not get the stamps for a month.
When I asked the teacher about it, he said he didn't say that but all the students got stamps after the lessons everyone except her group. The teacher he recorded all the students who answered Qs every lesson and will give them stamps after a week. Do you believe it? How can a teacher marks all the names who has answered Qs every lessons?
I am now still waiting for Miss Ma reply. I hope she will handle this case.
原帖由 spiderlily 於 09-10-9 20:40 發表
HKQQbaby,

Not slower, substantially slower...

I do not know what's going on with the teacher and fail to get hold of him.

For sake of the exam, I have no alternative other than teaching him at home ...

108#
發表於 09-10-12 08:49 |只看該作者
如果係咁,真的要正視!

WD40

原帖由 francisyyw 於 09-10-10 19:15 發表
Dear parents,
My daughter is in maths G1. I wanted to talk to the teacher and Miss Ma about the problems....but....
I've left a message to Miss Ma today but she has not replied.
I've called Mr Tang (t ...

109#
發表於 09-10-12 23:30 |只看該作者

回覆 1# WD40 的文章

Thanks, WD40. I finally found one of the groupmates and confirmed that the teacher really punished other groupmates.

110#
發表於 09-10-13 07:35 |只看該作者
Tried to call the teacher many times but everytime is on voice mail.  Is that something wrong with the number?

Couldn't believe G3 had already finished measurement but G1 just starts today.  I could not find any valid reason to support this slowwwwww progress.

What is wrong - with the teacher or the students?????????????

111#
發表於 09-10-13 08:59 |只看該作者
spiderlily

G2 & G3 maths have finished measurement, they are learning the "Time" (i.e. 2:50, ten minutes to three), I find that this term, G3 is the fastest in Maths.

原帖由 spiderlily 於 09-10-13 07:35 發表
Tried to call the teacher many times but everytime is on voice mail.  Is that something wrong with the number?

Couldn't believe G3 had already finished measurement but G1 just starts today.  I could  ...

112#
發表於 09-10-13 14:54 |只看該作者
I also asked my son abt that case and he said there's really a naughty student in the class always talking when teacher teaching....

原帖由 francisyyw 於 09-10-12 23:30 發表
Thanks, WD40. I finally found one of the groupmates and confirmed that the teacher really punished other groupmates.

113#
發表於 09-10-13 14:58 |只看該作者
The Math teacher seems new joinning to SMCESPS, so he didn't know how to match the abilities of students to speed up the progress....

If so, you may directly phone Ms. Lee requesting her to look into this case and wish all students could have equal chance and equal progress once proved all students could achieve higher standard & level.

Last night, just received the result of GS quiz...ai....again..some careless mistakes...aiiii  (sigh)....

WD40

原帖由 spiderlily 於 09-10-13 07:35 發表

Couldn't believe G3 had already finished measurement but G1 just starts today.  I could  ...

114#
發表於 09-10-13 15:44 |只看該作者
WD40,

Tks for yr advise, I just called Ms Lee who is very busy in interview and only available in next week.... too bad !!

To be frank, all G1 parents don't want to give too much pressure to the teacher, however, we all worry about the exam progress and the teaching speed.

As mentioned by some parents, kids are get borded in the class. Same as spiderlily, we don't want to teach our kids at home in advance and would like them to be more attentive in the classs. But the issue is that we are almost 40% behind the others which makes us very concern on how to catch up for the exam in Nov.

115#
發表於 09-10-14 15:10 |只看該作者
Spiderlily,

pls check pm,pls.

[ 本帖最後由 HKQQbaby 於 09-10-20 00:09 編輯 ]

116#
發表於 09-10-14 18:58 |只看該作者
G1 Maths parents,

I am lost.

My boy showed me his WB today - the teacher said he had not done Chapter 7 & 8.  He insisted that he had not been told to do.  I signed off his HW diary everyday and also checked the intranet regularly but I did not note of this as well.

I remembered the class didn't do Chapter 7 before the quiz.

Can anyone tell me what the picture should be?

What worry me most now is he said he wanted to go to G2.

117#
發表於 09-10-15 21:47 |只看該作者
spiderlily,

Same as you. I'm confused as well.

I didn't see any notes about WB chapters 7 & 8 in my daughter's HW diary and neither on the intranet. However, my daughter told me that "老師話可以做". Though I was curious and hesitated about that, I still asked my daughter to finish them hoping that she wouldn't be scolded by the teacher for doing them without prior permission from the teacher.

In addition to the above, I'm also confused as regarding the correct/standard formats of answering the math questions (addition with carrying and word problems). My daughter got low grades because of those format things.

Really need help!

原帖由 spiderlily 於 09-10-14 18:58 發表
G1 Maths parents,

I am lost.

My boy showed me his WB today - the teacher said he had not done Chapter 7 & 8.  He insisted that he had not been told to do.  I signed off his HW diary everyday and al ...

118#
發表於 09-10-16 14:39 |只看該作者
Yeah... math quiz 都係,連答題句子寫錯少少都扣分,但計出黎 ge 答案係 o岩,都照扣 1 分!

我仔仔都唔明亦唔知老師想佢點寫!  7 歲人仔仔,都要教先知,唔教唔講,就照扣分,對小朋友好唔公平喎!

唔知 G2 & G3 係咪都係咁照扣分?

WD40

I'm also confused too...

我check 番 math WB時,見到 teacher 用紅筆 cross 晒原本書上的句子,自己用紅筆寫過另一種句子, like "total number of pencil is...."  但就照扣分!

我問仔仔點解唔跟老師教去寫,仔仔話老師根本無教過亦無講過要點樣寫句子作答。他都是收到本 WB,見到老師用紅筆 cross 晒原本句子,再寫過先知。但老師照樣扣分!!!

WD40

原帖由 Flying-Man 於 09-10-15 21:47 發表
spiderlily,

Same as you. I'm confused as well.

I didn't see any notes about WB chapters 7 & 8 in my daughter's HW diary and neither on the intranet. However, my daughter told me that "老師話可以做". ...

[ 本帖最後由 WD40 於 09-10-16 14:43 編輯 ]

119#
發表於 09-10-16 15:12 |只看該作者
WD40,

G2 and G3 students got a piece of paper from their teachers regarding the format such as the no of ... and the amount of money in Sep.  The one for G1 was received after the quiz (my boy showed to me this monday or tuesday).  I am not sure whether this was taught in the class.  My boy said he was not aware of.  But I noted there were mark ups in the WB.  Personally, I do not think the format showed in the WB has any issue.

My boy also told me about the naughty boy who caused disruption in the class most of the time.  The teacher has to spent quite a lot of time managing him.

P.S.  My boy lost all the format marks.

120#
發表於 09-10-17 09:06 |只看該作者
Dear spiderlily,

Thanks for yr info.  我昨晚才見到果張 paper…已經遲左!    咁你囝囝幾多分?

我昨晚幫仔仔清理書包時,突然發覺有張紙 request students to search a book relating to math and request them to write down something abt the book, such as does the book could help student to learn more abt math....something like that.   我即時 check 手冊同上網,但都無提及 呢張paper ge 野!仲有?我發覺個 math teacher 都冇上網 update 要學生做乜野!  以前 P1G1 Ms Ng 成日 update 同埋 listed 得好details...但而家呢個就…唉!

11月考試,再咁樣下去,實俾 G2 & G3 追過晒啦…點算好

WD40

原帖由 spiderlily 於 09-10-16 15:12 發表
WD40,

G2 and G3 students got a piece of paper from their teachers regarding the format such as the no of ... and the amount of money in Sep.  The one for G1 was received after the quiz (my boy showed ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題